Zhang Jike - News, Pics, Videos & more

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I would have been with you on this, right up until I attended the 2017 WTTC in Germany (shoutout to Suga D!) and encountered his legions of fanatical followers in person. Because it was clear that they had zero interest in table tennis based on their behavior when he wasn't playing (and which made it hard to watch a match if a bunch suddenly congregated near you). I posted here at the time about it. It was almost creepy.

Seconded. I was there too, and could not help but notice the very same thing. I would add that even while ZJK was playing I considered the behaviour of the ZJK fancrowd to be subpar for a group one would assume to have some fondness of and respect for the sport itself.

Also make no mistake, I loved watching ZJK play.

Mee too. I sat next to the court where ZJK played LSS, and got saddened as the match developed and ZJK never got near his A-game. I rejoiced when seeing him (though not in person) compete vigorously again in 2018's Japan Open, and would have wished for more of that. He's a fond memory now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

The ITTF World tour Grandfinal 2019 was launched on 12 december in china , Zhengzhou and On the evening of December 15, came to an end. The Chinese table tennis team achieved a big package and won 4 gold medals . The games were well recieved by fans , It is worth noting that in the audience, Liu Guoliang and Zhang Jike sat together to watch the games and surprised every fan . Also netizens showed their surprise and in the same time excitement in their comments on social media .

595543cdly1g9w9tqnmhej231121zkjp.jpg

Ma long , Liu guoliang and Zhang jike in the same frame after a very long time ...

595543cdly1g9w9tslo1nj20rs0kvk2l.jpg

007uCPrEly1g9w8jlkvrij31ds0u07wj.jpg

006oeh81ly1g9wic38rg8j318a0u0n19.jpg

a04ec874ly1g9wbak1rmvj22o0400hdt.jpg

Fan Zhendong ;)

Screenshot_20191219-001811_Instagram.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

Anta as the official sports apparel partner for Beijing Winter Olympic 2022 and and IOT's ( The international olympic committee ) official sportswear uniform supplier , held an event for The 2020 olympic's Mascot introduction . Zhang jike as a spokesperson and one of the main models in Anta attended the beijing winter olympic event .

photo_۲۰۱۹-۱۲-۲۳_۰۸-۳۴-۴۲.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۱۲-۲۳_۰۸-۵۹-۱۵.jpg

photo_۲۰۱۹-۱۲-۲۳_۰۸-۵۹-۰۴.jpg

138398991_15687265477811n.jpg

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
On November sixth , Beijing held the launching ceremony of the "119" Fire Promotion Month in 2019 . Zhang jike and other celebrities were invited as fire propaganda ambassadors. At the same time, 11 small fire stations were unveiled .
At the event site, the participating leaders issued letters of appointment for fire propaganda ambassadors to Zhang jike , Wu Jing, Zhao Wenzhuo , Du Jiang and other well-known personalities, and awarded flags to ten fire service volunteer teams

006zTf0Nly1g8o8pms23aj32lv1qkx6p.jpg

006zTf0Nly1g8o8puhuppj31z12ykhdt.jpg

006LTwMRgy1g8o9rj42g6j31900u0wnz.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
007CGCYmly1ga6vi0217xj32zb4mphdv.jpg

6ff327bbly1ga6z94dkvnj21sc2dsb29.jpg

0067OmFBly1ga6uz9xf14j31vk2tc1kz.jpg

On December 23, 2019, the "Sports Star award 2019 Ceremony" co-sponsored by Weibo and Sina Sports was held in Beijing Starlight Vision Center! Table tennis Grand Slam player Zhang Jike was also invited and won the most popular athlete of 2019 award .
Zhang jike accepted an exclusive interview with Sina Sports:

Sina Sports: I am very happy to be able to communicate face-to-face with Olympic champion Zhang Jike. I heard that you are now promoting a table tennis project for college students. Can you tell us why there is such a concept?

Zhang Jike: I mainly hope that through my own efforts, college students and children can truly understand the sport. There are some studies in the university. You should take some time to participate in sports outside the main class, not just table tennis. Maybe my major is table tennis (so I chose to promote table tennis), and I myself have the obligation to initiate and promote it so that they can have some training outside of class.

Many of the talents selected in the United States are selected in universities. Do not ignore the level and talents of the children in the university. From a personal perspective, I still hope to pass some good ping-pong team traditions and some good experiences to myself. They, I hope they have more time to like sports, be able to love sports, and most importantly, be truly exposed to the value of each item.

Sina Sports: How many universities have you been to this year?

Zhang Jike: I went to Beijing University of Sport, but there are many college students from other schools who will also come to participate in this promotion. The main thing is to allow them to communicate. They have also interacted in the past few times. I also hope that they can communicate outside of normal classes. Because there are many universities across the country, I also hope that they can have more time to communicate in normal times, not just table tennis, basketball or other sports.

Sina Sports: This year ’s Jike also has a lot of identities, including “fire ambassadors” and “nylon mentors”. You also co-organized various activities with the China Poverty Alleviation Program Foundation to participate in public affairs as sports people. Have a deeper experience? What unforgettable experiences and stories.

Zhang Jike: Each status has different feelings. I mainly want to work with you to promote positive energy activities and do it with everyone. The main hope is to convey the spirit of sports.

Sina Sports: What do college students or other people think of table tennis?

Zhang Jike: It is more difficult for people who have not touched table tennis, because it is more difficult to get started. Unlike badminton . table tennis is a form of two people confronting each other. One player cannot play .
. Basketball can be shot by one person. Table tennis requires two people to play against each other. If you can feel the charm of this sport, it will be very interesting. we encourage everyone to learn more about the sport before participating.

Sina Sports: At the end of the year, it is also time to summarize. This year is also a very fulfilling year for you. If you use one word to describe 2019, how would you describe it?

Zhang Jike: I think everyone should realize their own life value in different fields. It should be busy. Sometimes competition training will be more fulfilling; sometimes you feel that training competitions will be boring, and more exposure to some different areas of work or environment can make you more fulfilled.

Sina Sports: This is also a very rare time to interview with you, so we have collected some questions from netizens online. The first one: Under your influence, more and more people like table tennis. think of your child , How old is better to practice table tennis?

Zhang Jike: I think it's about 5 years old.

Sina Sports: Why do you say that?

Zhang Jike: I started to play table tennis when I was 4 and a half years old. I was relatively early because my father was a professional table tennis player. I think that the age of 0 to 4 years is the development stage of children, including some stages of bone or whole body development. I don't think it is suitable for a strong training environment.

Sina Sports: What positive energy do you think the table tennis will bring to children, and what gains and changes can it bring, which are different from other projects?

Zhang Jike: Table tennis has a whole-body movement. Unlike some other sports, like volleyball or other hand sports, table tennis is a whole body exercise, and one is safer.

Sina Sports: The second question is that table tennis is also a national sport now, and there are also a lot of people involved. Can you give pointers to fans? If you want to play table tennis well, which part of the muscle is more important?

Zhang Jike: In fact, table tennis is a skill-based sport. It doesn't mean you necessarily play well if you're very strong.

Sina Sports: In other words, the whole body must be good.

Zhang Jike: Right.

Sina Sports: OK, there is a link at the end . Tell me your first answer,

Sina Sports: You like dessert very much. Would you choose cake or milk tea?

Zhang Jike: Both are fine.

Sina Sports: A must-have fashion item for Koko.

Zhang Jike: Hat.

Sina Sports: If you watch a movie, would you choose action or comedy?

Zhang Jike: No, my hobby is sleeping.

Sina Sports: If you will spend the holiday with your family next time, will you return to hometown in Qingdao or abroad?

Zhang Jike: Go abroad.

Sina Sports: Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Zhang jike's Weibo post on Feb 24th : #Responsibilities . There is no evidence that cats and dogs will be infected with the new coronavirus. I support the "Responsible Pet Cultivation" initiative of @ 世界 动物 保护 协会 and @ 势 界 POWERCIRCLES. Please promise with me "respect and treat life well, do not abandon, do not abuse. Think twice before choosing breeding. Please forward and promise to protect the animals with me! #Animal Friendly Lifestyle

006pxfoXgy1g7pey3td21j30u01bs4li.jpg

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Meanwhile there is this:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/28/coronavirus-updates-dog-tests-positive-covid-19-hong-kong-12317727/

As things stand now WE ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW if Covid19 can transfer to dogs and cats and from there to humans. We do know that this virus can cross species because that is how it got into humans in the first place! The RT-PCR test that was used will have a certain number of false positives and false negatives, and carrying out the test is not without technical pitfalls. Still, the test detected the virus in the dog companion of at least one person who was infected with Covid19.

So in spite of Dr. Zhang Jike's reassurances and Ping Fun's breathless adulation, this particular Weibo post is pretty meaningless except for the part where he asks people to not abandon or abuse their pets. That for sure we can agree with.

Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hey Baal ! To be honest I agree with you about " not being sure that pet can have or spread this virus " .unfortunately the stat of coronavirus in my country is rising too and every where is closed . In these emergency days I myself never touch animals without gloves .
And about this weibo post , My post is just informing the fans to know what he's doing and posting , not confirming anythything and I have no Idea why you wrote ping fun's breathless adulation but its ok . I appreciate your reply :)

Hey Baal ! To be honest I agree with you about " not being sure that pet can have or spread this virus " .unfortunately the stat of coronavirus in my country is rising too and every where is closed . In these emergency days I myself never touch animals without gloves .
And about this weibo post , My post is just informing the fans to know what he's doing and posting , not confirming anythything and I have no Idea why you wrote ping fun's breathless adulation but its ok . I appreciate your reply :)

just ignore the haters.. and thanks for the update!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Actually what Baal did was the right thing to do , celebrities should be responsible enough to know what is true before putting it in their social media , there are lots of "blind lovers" who would go jump from a cliff if their idol told them ...
just ignore the haters.. and thanks for the update!

Reactions: yoass and JustANoob
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Anyone else noticed how much ZJK looks to be in a better shape than when he tried to return?

How can you tell the difference between the shape he was in while playing TT and the shape he is in with makeup on, in a suit or in a baggy sweat shirt and baggy sweat pants. He looks thinner, less strong, and more like he is aware of the fact that he is having photos taken of him. But there is no real way I can see to tell what kind of shape he is actually in.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, I am not sure why "breathless adoration" is being viewed as a bad thing or an insult.

Ping Fun is a Zhang Jike fan, right? Ping Fun is a ZJK fan to such an extent that, years after he has played a match that was remotely meaningful, she is still posting updates on what ZJK is up to. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. But, I have a feeling, all Baal was saying when he said, "breathless adoration" to characterize Ping Fun's support of ZJK is that she is a very devoted fan.

Aren't you a devoted fan of ZJK, Ping Fun?

Why would you interpret that to be an insult?

By the way, I am not sure why "breathless adoration" is being viewed as a bad thing or an insult.

Ping Fun is a Zhang Jike fan, right? Ping Fun is a ZJK fan to such an extent that, years after he has played a match that was remotely meaningful, she is still posting updates on what ZJK is up to. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. But, I have a feeling, all Baal was saying when he said, "breathless adoration" to characterize Ping Fun's support of ZJK is that she is a very devoted fan.

Aren't you a devoted fan of ZJK, Ping Fun?

Why would you interpret that to be an insult?

if you read carefully it's not adoration but adulation

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
if you read carefully it's not adoration but adulation

Adoration, adulation, I am not sure the distinction matters. Baal's intention is what is at issue. And, I could be wrong, but as I read it, it seems to me, he was really simply saying that Ping Fun is an extremely devoted fan.

Baal can correct me if he meant something else. But that is what it seems like to me.

And I do think this thread is a testament to the depth of ZJK fan Ping Fun is.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Well for sure I would find anything ZJK has to say about TT or even sports in general to be interesting, especially if it was substantive (fat chance of tha though). But breathlessly re-posting his social media stuff about pets and Covid19 as if it spring from Zeus himself is a bit mind boggling especially when what he said is something not actually known for certain.

Super-fandom is an amazing thing I guess. By the way, I was always a casual fan of ZJK the player. ZJK's cult following takes this to an intensity that is virtually religious. If pointing that out makes me a h8ter so be it.

I discovered firsthand back in 2017 that a portion of his most devoted female fans have no interest in table tennis. That is ok, but since this post was about a public health issue I wrote a sarcastic response. It is sexist to NOT be sarcastic just because the thing that triggers the sarcasm came from a female. And Ping's response was illuminating, she said that the only reason she reposted it was because it came from ZJK, not whether it was true! QED

The honesty of that response though was also refreshing.

Anyway, I hope everyone stays safe.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
How can you tell the difference between the shape he was in while playing TT and the shape he is in with makeup on, in a suit or in a baggy sweat shirt and baggy sweat pants. He looks thinner, less strong, and more like he is aware of the fact that he is having photos taken of him. But there is no real way I can see to tell what kind of shape he is actually in.

You're probably right about the makeup. But I remember his look (eyes) always felt tired, even when he smiled. I don't mean just physical tireness, mental as well. It was the same as me and other university students in the last semester (avg. 7-10 night without sleep per month). It's the look of overworked, stressed, burned out people. You can look very tired yet lively. ZJK looked dead inside. Now he feels someone living. The makeup probably helps a lot, but that's my instinct.