Zhang Jike - News, Pics, Videos & more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
On 1st august Zhang jike , Guo yue and wang tao participated on " come on champion 2 " playing interesting and pleasant games related to table tennis . this t.v show broadcasted on zhejiang t.v . the winner of this games were zhang jike team and they got the ticket to 2018 russia football world cup .

full video :

short part :

Reactions: Ruoh Leong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
@ping_fun : just to keep things honest .. this is a video that was shared by ITTF on facebook ... I have lost some respect for Zhang Jike after seeeing this , he does not even thank the fans for the gift ... he might be in a bad mood and might not like the cheering or whatever but thanking somebody for their gift is common courtesy !

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F1868601013169893%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
ttmonster, I was just about to post this.

It is some of the most awful behavior I have ever seen in a professional athlete with respect to fans (and bear in mind that there was not much in Dusseldorf that was more annoying to other spectators than ZJK fangirls, I saw that first hand).

The key point is that these two girls won an ITTF sponsored contest to go see their idol! And he couldn't even speak a word to them. Couldn't even smile or shoot the breeze for a couple of minutes. I actually feel sorry for them, which I would not have thought possible before I watched the video.

His career is running down in table tennis, quite rapidly it seems, but after seeing this, not fast enough to suit me. Maybe he is relying on the fact that as some kind of reality TV star in China (or whatever is the equivalent there) being a Self-Centered Bad Boy is probably a good thing.

What is even more amazing is that ITTF thought it was a good idea to post this on their official channel.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
@ping_fun : just to keep things honest .. this is a video that was shared by ITTF on facebook ... I have lost some respect for Zhang Jike after seeeing this , he does not even thank the fans for the gift ... he might be in a bad mood and might not like the cheering or whatever but thanking somebody for their gift is common courtesy !

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F1868601013169893%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
@ttmonster thnx for your info . In chinese i know a few words . And i was hearing xie xie from jike as i know it means thank u . Dont lose respect please .

Reactions: Gladxu and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I have to agree with you .. you know the hilarious thing .. I think this was a "Weibo" sponsored thing not an ITTF sponsored thing .. so essentially its borrowed content !! Both ITTF and Zhang Jike need some pro advice on how to do their jobs !
ttmonster, I was just about to post this.

It is some of the most awful behavior I have ever seen in a professional athlete with respect to fans (and bear in mind that there was not much in Dusseldorf that was more annoying to other spectators than ZJK fangirls, I saw that first hand).

The key point is that these two girls won an ITTF sponsored contest to go see their idol! And he couldn't even speak a word to them. Couldn't even smile or shoot the breeze for a couple of minutes. I actually feel sorry for them, which I would not have thought possible before I watched the video.

His career is running down in table tennis, quite rapidly it seems, but after seeing this, not fast enough to suit me. Maybe he is relying on the fact that as some kind of reality TV star in China (or whatever is the equivalent there) being a Self-Centered Bad Boy is probably a good thing.

What is even more amazing is that ITTF thought it was a good idea to post this on their official channel.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks for correcting me ... he did say it but it was all too brief to notice and thats why I missed it ... anyways ... its boorish behavior ..
@ttmonster thnx for your info . In chinese i know a few words . And i was hearing xie xie from jike as i know it means thank u . Dont lose respect please .

Reactions: Gladxu
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have to agree with you .. you know the hilarious thing .. I think this was a "Weibo" sponsored thing not an ITTF sponsored thing .. so essentially its borrowed content !! Both ITTF and Zhang Jike need some pro advice on how to do their jobs !

Yes, that is actually right. ITTF was not forced to post it since it wasn't their contest!

Also even if he briefly muttered xie xie (something that could be teased out if you had a professional sound studio to enhance the signal, although after listening again I thought I heard it), it wasn't enough. Not nearly.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Baal, it is an ITTF sponsored event.
http://cn.ittf.com/2017/05/shi-ping-sai-wo-yao-jian-ou-xiang/

Plus, there is only one winner from this ITTF fans contest. In her video for contest (the third one in the above link), she spoke Cantonese instead of Mandarin Chinese. Based on the voice and accent, the winner should be the girl with short hair in ITTF facebook video. No idea why there was a second girl with long hair. This video has not been posted on ITTF weibo account yet.

Yes, that is actually right. ITTF was not forced to post it since it wasn't their contest!

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for the correction Rain. Still, maybe it was not a great plan for them to post this video.

I always admired ZJK's play. An accumulation of injuries hurt his level. All the same, the not very pleasant smell of entitlement is strong with him (a lot of Americans are getting sensitive to it these days) and I learned a long time ago that you can't really know much about someone unless you actually know them. Still, some things reveal quite a bit, like this video. I never read the inner story of how he managed to get kicked off the CNT the first time but for some reason it just makes sense now.

Fortunately his post-player career will occur outside of table tennis, starting in 3, 2, 1....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
In Wolrd championship 2017 one of the fans wanted zhang jike to sign his child's t-shirt who was sick badly . she took photo's of zhang jike while he was doing this . zhang jike asked her not to take photo or film of him doing this but she did .
He cares alot about his fans . every thing relates to good circumstances .

photo_2017-08-05_07-38-01.jpg
photo_2017-08-05_07-38-14.jpg
photo_2017-08-05_07-38-29.jpg

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Ok. I guess anyone can have a bad day.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
After Rio olympic zhang jike confronted with new injuries and some of his old injuries got worse too . he passed most of the days in hospital for his waist and ankle injury . In one of these check ups , the doctor found out that zhang jike's bone seam hasnt closed yet and his height can reach 185 cm which means 4 cm more than his height . After this check up one of the reporters asked him : The doctor just said you can grow to 185 what do u think ? zhang jike smiles and said : with 185 cm i cant play table tennis !!!
I dont know its possible to see a 29 year old person's height still keep growing but it appears to be true about zjk .....:confused:

Last edited: