Zhang Jike - News, Pics, Videos & more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
ZJK always seem to look so darn tired in photos. No sleep and all fun?

What we notice he cares less of his appearance during his training...he won't shave his beard and he loves to tan himself darker. In fact, probably he's been training hard or he can't sleep at night because of his back pain or his shoulder injury...

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
This web site is for people who likes discuss about table tennis, help each other to enjoy table tennis. Table tennis is a gentleman game, we should talk about everything about table tennis in a friendly way. Open minded way. Discuss , talk about it, give opinion, pass experience and skill, not attack each other or angry each other. People may be right , and may be wrong, get a good way to proof what you say , if not we can still talk about our idea, opinion....etc in a nice friendly way. We are not football hooligans.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
maybe you should focus on not commenting here, it happens once in a while for a thread to be derailed. or does only happen in ZJK threads? :p

apparently it only happens in zhang jike thread . controversial thread from the beginning up to now ;) . but guys ( @Ruoh leong @bairimemzizi seriously continue your discussion in ma long thread cause your discussion is about him too and they have huge capacity for posting :p. My thread's title gonna change it seems :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
this is a very valid request, ping_fun , you can also request the admins to clean up the threads with all the posts which are not contextual to the discussion intended here including my posts, I got a little carried away by the nonsense .. sorry about that ...
apparently it only happens in zhang jike thread . controversial thread from the beginning up to now ;) . but guys ( @Ruoh leong @bairimemzizi seriously continue your discussion in ma long thread cause your discussion is about him too and they have huge capacity for posting :p. My thread's title gonna change it seems :(

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
this is a very valid request, ping_fun , you can also request the admins to clean up the threads with all the posts which are not contextual to the discussion intended here including my posts, I got a little carried away by the nonsense .. sorry about that ...
yeah I MUST ASK @dan to do this cause they really dont care .I like their discussion but not here . baycott thread was the best . really concept of this thread has gone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017

Sorry ping_fun. Could you ask the admins to delete the discussion other than news about ZJK? I will be happy if they disappear.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
082717 全运会1.jpg

ZJK will be representing Shandong as a flag holder again in 2017 National Game of China. The picture is ZJK in 2013 National Game of China.

Reactions: Gladxu and ping fun
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have posted your quotes to the thread on the subject of these players withdrawing from that tournament and protesting.

Go there for more replies. https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/...G-Ma-Long-amp-Fan-Zhendong-boycott-CHINA-OPEN!

And: https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/...g-amp-Fan-Zhendong-boycott-CHINA-OPEN!/page33

This thread is supposed to be about ZJK.

And please tell me why these players would withdraw for personal interests.

I did try to get this discussion moved to the proper thread. In my quote above I presented links to the original discussion on where Ruoh Leong's comments belong. For a short time I am going to lock this thread.

Ruoh, if you want your comments to remain, make them in the thread linked to above.

The off-topic discussion, ALL POSTS, including mine, will be deleted later this afternoon.

When I reopen this thread, anyone wanting to continue the discussion about the ban should already have gone to the other thread.

Comments in this thread about that subject could end up earning the offending party a temporary or permanent ban.

No more here. Go the correct thread if you want to discuss that subject.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

You shouldn't delete what have been discussed here. I will only post ZJK's from now on...

I hope you keep my posts because those are other voices you won't find in this site...

If you want to present the information go to the appropriate thread.

YOUR POSTS AND ALL OFFTOPIC POSTS will be DELETED soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

This thread is now unlocked. 96 posts were deleted.

Ping_Fun your original intent for this thread can now proceed without all the offtopic comments.

You guys who want to continue that discussion. Go to an appropriate thread or make a new thread.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thank you so much Carl for cleaning up the mess ...really because I know how much time it would have taken you to clean up 96 messages and that too on your Sunday when you could have spent quality time with your family .... heres a round of thanks to the admins for doing a thankless job and keep us honest ...
I hope ping_fun will be surprised and happy when she comes back here ... hope things go on a positive note from here on in this thread !! I for one will be careful in future to get baited into those controversial topics , especially in threads where they don't belong ...

Ping_Fun your original intent for this thread can now proceed without all the offtopic comments.

You guys who want to continue that discussion. Go to an appropriate thread or make a new thread.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

Thank you my friend ,I guess it took a lot of time cleaning up the off topic posts . now its better . great .

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
As i've read the china's news newly I found out about controversial moments in zhang jike and zhou kai game which i like to share with you .

after searching weibo for a while there were a video with english subtitle which i uploade on youtube . this video shows how rumors was made toward zhang jike and shows what happened exactly in that game . it tells about the reason ZJK got yellow card and why he didnt interview after the game . and the most important one how the ball broke in the last game in that match . About the broken ball its better to expalin more .... zhou kai in the sixth game got the first game point , then zjk couldnt get the equal point and zhou kai held his arms up in sign of victory but the umpire announced the ball was broken in the rally and they should re-start from 11-10 again , however zhou kai won that game 12-10 . after the game he was asked about the broken ball and he told the reporters that the ball was pressed ( by zjk ) after the rally . but actually zjk didnt touch the ball at all . watch the video below ..

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
She thought he was delaying the game. From ITTF Guide to Match Officials:

13.2.1 The requirement is for play to be continuous throughout a match, apart from authorised
intervals, but if, for example, the ball goes outside the playing area, clearly play cannot
continue until it is returned. The intent of the regulation is to prevent deliberate time-
wasting, such as by repeated bouncing of the ball, long pauses before serving and
prolonged discussions with a doubles partner, which should be firmly discouraged.

Also, the yellow card IS the warning. We cannot tell if she may have given him some verbal warning earlier in the match which we would not see on the video, but in any case, she is not required to do that. It certainly didn't affect the outcome of the match.

17.2.3 When a formal warning has been given, a yellow marker should be placed near the
score indicator, next to the score of the player who has been warned. Similarly if a
player has had a penalty point awarded against him or her, both a yellow and red
marker should be placed near the score indicator, if space permits. If both the umpire
and assistant umpire are using score indicators then the cards should only be placed on
the assistant umpire’s indicator.
These warnings apply for the remainder of the
individual match or, in a team event, the remainder of the team match, and subsequent
offences will incur penalty points.

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
She thought he was delaying the game. From ITTF Guide to Match Officials:

13.2.1 The requirement is for play to be continuous throughout a match, apart from authorised
intervals, but if, for example, the ball goes outside the playing area, clearly play cannot
continue until it is returned. The intent of the regulation is to prevent deliberate time-
wasting, such as by repeated bouncing of the ball, long pauses before serving and
prolonged discussions with a doubles partner, which should be firmly discouraged.

Also, the yellow card IS the warning. We cannot tell if she may have given him some verbal warning earlier in the match which we would not see on the video, but in any case, she is not required to do that. It certainly didn't affect the outcome of the match.

17.2.3 When a formal warning has been given, a yellow marker should be placed near the
score indicator, next to the score of the player who has been warned. Similarly if a
player has had a penalty point awarded against him or her, both a yellow and red
marker should be placed near the score indicator, if space permits. If both the umpire
and assistant umpire are using score indicators then the cards should only be placed on
the assistant umpire’s indicator.
These warnings apply for the remainder of the
individual match or, in a team event, the remainder of the team match, and subsequent
offences will incur penalty points.

Yes that's right . The rumor about this oart was that the umpire gave yellow catd because of some ugly behaviour from zjk but it was just a delay

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I wish ZJK would stop these extracurricular nonsense activities and focus on getting back in 100% shape.

it made no sense to me at the beginning but after the coaches stated that they want to popularize TT through ZJK it makes sense now. Too bad the 1% hopes we had of him playing like the good days are definitely now diminished. I wasnt expecting any big comeback but I still believed that a patient and composed ZJK can beat anyone with 80 % physical performance as he has proven it in the past. Those events are probably good for the chinese but the rest of the fans outside china are definitely disinterested...sad but true but we westerners are outnumbered

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Monday morning treat for ping_fun :) ....

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSportsflutabletennispage%2Fvideos%2F178290562716062%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>