Who will win the European Table Tennis Mens Singles Championships?

• Timo Boll

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Bastian Steger

• Alexey Smirnov

• Patrick Baum

• Kalinikos Kreanga

• Adrien Mattenet

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Werner Schlager

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Others - leave a comment below

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
So true! I think he is an absulute genius! Very impressive and to be honest i'd never heard of him until this tournament

So Timo Boll proved hes the best once again in incredible form! He peaks so well for important tournaments!

That is so right, peaking at the right moment is the way to go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yeah nobody in Europe reaches his level at the moment. But I think it is good that players in Europe know the standard that they have to live up to. Imagine if it were Baum or Tokic that was the top level guys. Timo represents Europe and the rest knows that they have a lot to do in the practise hall to get to his level.

This user has no status.
So true! I think he is an absulute genius! Very impressive and to be honest i'd never heard of him until this tournament :)

No surprise many people dont know him, he never had some major success on international tournaments (at least in singles) until now. He is a decent doubles-player and was European Champion in Mixed Doubles many times but i can't rememver him being somewhere near the medal places on any major tournament in the last years.
As someone said before he is not the stereotype athlete neither his body nor his attitude, he can be very moody from time to time. That's one of the reasons why he plays for the same club for many years which is "Plüderhausen" in Germany. It's probably the only club which allows him to live his own lifestyle, train only when he really wants to, eat and drink rather unhealthy and so on ;) But nevertheless he is a really good player, decent feeling and a great backhand but everytime you see him play or talk with people who know him the same question comes up: What more could he have achieved if he would take his sport a bit more serious and live more dedicated to it? There's no doubt he has so much talent and potential but on the other hand it's just his pure personality to play so relaxed and have fun it's doubtful if he could even cope with the pressure and all the standards the other "normal" athletes have or would loose his fun and perhaps even stop playing..
So it doesn't make much sense to debate about this topic we have to take it as it is now and can have fun watching him play (at least on a good day ;))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
No surprise many people dont know him, he never had some major success on international tournaments (at least in singles) until now. He is a decent doubles-player and was European Champion in Mixed Doubles many times but i can't rememver him being somewhere near the medal places on any major tournament in the last years.
As someone said before he is not the stereotype athlete neither his body nor his attitude, he can be very moody from time to time. That's one of the reasons why he plays for the same club for many years which is "Plüderhausen" in Germany. It's probably the only club which allows him to live his own lifestyle, train only when he really wants to, eat and drink rather unhealthy and so on ;) But nevertheless he is a really good player, decent feeling and a great backhand but everytime you see him play or talk with people who know him the same question comes up: What more could he have achieved if he would take his sport a bit more serious and live more dedicated to it? There's no doubt he has so much talent and potential but on the other hand it's just his pure personality to play so relaxed and have fun it's doubtful if he could even cope with the pressure and all the standards the other "normal" athletes have or would loose his fun and perhaps even stop playing..
So it doesn't make much sense to debate about this topic we have to take it as it is now and can have fun watching him play (at least on a good day ;))

Very true, I can only agree xD And I did have fun watching him play for sure :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
We all know Timo won, but let's be honest did anyone see the Karakasevic vs Stegar match? Alexander has been out of the pro circuit for a long time and has gained quite a lot of weight, but to beat Stegar in the 6th like he did you have to admit the guy needs to shape up and come back into this. Being a lefty player he could provide some more lefty sickness on behalf of Europe. I'm not sure how he would do against the Chinese, but with his placement and if he lost the weight and worked on his footwork he could give any Asian player a run for their money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
KING KARA rocked the ETTC with reaching the semis
You gotta love this guy!
His touch is unique

His is an anti-athlete (doesn't train,smokes,loves beer and coca cola), but offsets it with his cleverness and feeling for the ball
I kinda identify with him :-D

his BH just amazing, he just make all kind of spin just as simple to be flipped as it is

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
He had a lot of talent and he used to train a lot. He was very big in the U.S. and many Euro leagues in the late 90's. He never really got to the highest levels of play as Timo and Waldner were at, but he was still a great player. In my opinion he had so much talent, but had a bad boy attitude that never faded. Now he's still got the talent, but hopefully after this championships he'll decide to start training again and lose all of that unnecessary weight.