Fastest Serve in the World!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
The physics of this is amazing

I counted the frames at 240 fps. The ball takes about 250 milliseconds to bounce from one corner over the net to the other corner. This wouldn't make sense under normal conditions because it takes longer than that for the ball to simply bounce up over the net and then hit the table UNLESS the downward force was greater. So I calculated the downward acceleration/force. It was about 3 time gravity. This means the top spin added about 2g of downward acceleration.

I think this is about as fast as one can make a serve. To go faster the ball would have to have more top spin without adding any more speed. If more speed is added the ball will not land on the far corner of the table.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Fast, Fast, Fast. The toss in the first one is fine. He can do it with a legal toss. I think he is just looking to get one with good speed for the video so he is not thinking about the toss.

I don't think it would be too effective in match play unless he has something that looks enough like it that is short, and unless the placement makes it hard to handle for the opponent. Otherwise it will comeback even faster than it went. :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I don't think a faster serve will affect you that much, all it is speed.
You can always just block.
I play against this guy which always serves fast and I got used to it, now it's like I can predict his moves.

I agree however I use to be coached by Sun Jin of China who got a silver medal in the womens doubles at Sydney Olympics and she had this backhand fast serve. She could disguise it either corner and I had no chance hehe :) Not many players had a chance in UK :). If this Japan player can disguise the contact so you was unsure which direction the ball would go it would be very difficult I think to receive

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I agree however I use to be coached by Sun Jin of China who got a silver medal in the womens doubles at Sydney Olympics and she had this backhand fast serve. She could disguise it either corner and I had no chance hehe :) Not many players had a chance in UK :). If this Japan player can disguise the contact so you was unsure which direction the ball would go it would be very difficult I think to receive

Oft, you got coached by a real Chinese Olympian? How cool is that?
How did you communicate with her, using English?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Oft, you got coached by a real Chinese Olympian? How cool is that?
How did you communicate with her, using English?

Yeah have you ever heard of her? She came to Bristol, England to learn English.. And she was studying at our Academy.. Was awesome learnt so much. Her English was fairly good, enough to help me with my tt :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Yeah have you ever heard of her? She came to Bristol, England to learn English.. And she was studying at our Academy.. Was awesome learnt so much. Her English was fairly good, enough to help me with my tt :)

Nah, I don't know her I just googled her and found her on wikipedia. :)