Fastest Serve in the World!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yees, it is backhand, so it is top side .. that makes sense..
Anyways, it has to be pretty difficult, because even when he is serving, the ball lands on the white line, so it is big possibility that it goes off..
But if someone doesnt know if, from the beginning it looks like he is going to serve forehand underspin.. this must be surprising, dont think that if someone doesnt know it will put that back..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It took me a few tries to start getting it on, but once you get used to it, it is not that hard. I did it slow first but then I was able to get it somewhat fast. I have serves that I can do faster at this point, but, I think if I practice it a little more I will be able to get it pretty fast. The spin was weird. It was curving right and then after the bounce it went left. I asked a couple of people to receive it and if it had good spin on the ball, when they tried to recieve the ball went up in the air. Then a friend got used to the spin and was just putting it back easy but everyone had trouble with it at first.

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Awesome to hear you guys practicing the serve. Please upload videos when you perfect it :))

By the way, Englands Gavin Evans is playing against Asuka Sakai (worlds fastest server!) in the Swedish Open this week :).. Hope there will be some videos of him

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I tried this service a few times yesterday. At first I wasn't even able to hit it, after a few tries I managed to get it on the table 1 out of 10 times.

When I manage to get it on the table I'm sure it's very surprising because it's quite fast. But with a success rate of less then 10% I don't think I will often use it in official games. :D

Maybe i'll make a video to compare my speed with Asuka's.

This user has no status.
OK, well I spent about 30 mins last night after practice having a go at the serve.

2 things. Firstly to get to a situation where you are able to use this serve in a match will require a hell of a lot or practice, way more than any other serves I've come across. Secondly, if you got to a position where you could use it - it's more of a 'surprise' serve than a regular in your armory, in my opinion.

Saying that, I got to a situ where I was getting 2 or 3 on out of 10 serves (not good enough for match play obviously) - my opponent explained that the the most surprising aspect is the 'kick' on the second bounce - he was comfortable with the speed of the serve but the extra 'kick' with the spin meant the ball was on him quicker then he expected and he was struggling to get used to that.

Anyone else any thoughts?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well this serving wonder kid (Asuka Sakai) played in the Swedish Open 2011 and lost to Gao Ning 4-0 with scores 11-6,11-3,11-9,11-6.

I would like to see this match, I think Gao must not of had to much trouble with the serves...? I think the serves would cause damage to any other player outside the top 70 in the world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well this serving wonder kid (Asuka Sakai) played in the Swedish Open 2011 and lost to Gao Ning 4-0 with scores 11-6,11-3,11-9,11-6.

I would like to see this match, I think Gao must not of had to much trouble with the serves...? I think the serves would cause damage to any other player outside the top 70 in the world.

Maybe he doesn't use the serve in matches. He probably misses a lot of them too, but it doesn't show in the video ;)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Maybe he doesn't use the serve in matches. He probably misses a lot of them too, but it doesn't show in the video ;)

Hehe fair point WiWa, the day he can perfect it in a match, is the day we see him rise straight up in the rankings?

I've just searched his ranking and cannot find him... does he have one? His name is Asuka Sakai

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hehe fair point WiWa, the day he can perfect it in a match, is the day we see him rise straight up in the rankings?

I've just searched his ranking and cannot find him... does he have one? His name is Asuka Sakai

Haha probably. But all of his serves have the same motion, most are backhand tomahawk serves. A little bit like Kenta, but Sakai doesn't really put alot of time into preperation lol. He gets to the table, tosses and BANG. Sidespin serve :) Also he doesn't bend his knees much, just like in this video. Well he doesn't have to :) All the serves are pretty long. I only saw 1 match of him though, so maybe it is different in other matches :p