BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
I love this article. I'm familiar with this reporter's style - she is sometimes sentimental, and likes to convey her ideas indirectly by telling stories.

Here's my understanding of her points in this article:
(1) They love to play table tennis and they cherish the opportunity to play tt.
In the summer they all tried their best to prepare for the National Game (e.g., ML got injury and had injections to deal with it (just like what he did before WTTC), XX trained very hard and changed 6 T-shirts everyday, FZD asked for extra training).

(2) They are being supported and loved.
XX stayed in the training center to prepare for the NG and could not go home. His wife Yao Yan (former CNT player) went to the training center everyday to bring him freshly squeezed fruit juice.
WH has a happy family. [Not sure why she mentioned fangirls of FZD here, maybe just as supporting evidence that FZD is being loved? Anyway this is just her style]

(3) The most important spirit of CNT is senior player developing and helping younger players.
ML helps LGY (his teammate is super league) and WCQ (his teammate in Beijing) to develop. In a previous interview, LGY says ML has a strict timetable and goes to bed before 11pm everyday. This self discipline helps ML to stay in good shape. ML ran with WCQ regularly in the summer and talked with WCQ about coping with anxiety after WCQ lost to Harimoto in T2.
Wang Hao helps FZD to develop throughout FZD's career. WH tells FZD, "You don't need to be another ML or another ZJK, just be yourself".

(4) Brotherhood.
ML and XX will play MD in the NG. Before the Game ML was asked about his injury, and he replied that he was concerned about the impact on doubles with XX. "Our minds are in sync on court", said XX in a previous interview.
"Zhou Yu and me, we are the defending champion of MD!", said FZD.

[As for talking about Beijing's long and hot summer throughout the article, I think she just indicates that this summer was not easy for them, and they have waited for a long time before standing on court again in the NG.]

Last edited: