BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
The Chinese National Team players are believed to be protesting currently at the China Open!

Players have posted on Weibo: "We don't have the desire to fight. We miss coach Liu Guoliang".

Players: Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Liang Jingkun and Liu Yi
Coaches: Qin Zhijian, Ma Lin and Wang Hao

Ma Long and Fan Zhendong have both withdrawn from the CHINA OPEN, was this his protest? We will find out shortly!

malongfurious3.jpg

The link on Weibo can be found here: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4121890777482753
weibo2017cnt.jpg

The ITTF has made a statement: "Reasons not clear at the moment but the host nation’s Ma Long did arrive for his scheduled second round Men’s Singles match on the evening of Friday 23rd June at the Seamaster 2017 ITTF World Tour China Open in Chengdu.

He was due to play Japan’s Yuya Oshima; the match has been awarded to Yuya Oshima."

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think the dismissal of LGL is political, because recall that when Ma Lin, Chen Qi etc. retired, there was some kind of celebration / ceremony. How is it possible that there isn't one for LGL?

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Finally shit has hit the fan and gone public

Roses are red violets are blue, there is always some room in the basement for me and for you !

Love to see the interpretation of this from biased CNT fans about how the "brotherhood" cloud is all over the staff the players and the coaches

p.s. im no conspiracy theorist dont get me wrong its just that "politics" is mostly a deciding factor everywhere, even inside the best team ever

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
Malong and Fanzhendong pulled out at China open. All the prayers' phone is switched off. It is kind of striking to support liuguoliang. All players phone are switched off. Big earthquake to chinese table tennis. We will see what are gonna happen soon.

https://view.inews.qq.com/a/SPO201706230396760H

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Very sad news to be honest. Really not necessary to announce such a devastating arrangement right before the China Open and crack the spirit of the whole team. May be the KLH incident has something to do with this new and hasty arrangement. Looks like they want a reform to make a "Flat" coach team structure without Head or Main coach. Will see what will happen next. But it definitely mark the end of an Era and a strong boost to Japan. LGL we miss you...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
According to Wang Nan's husband Guo Bin, all players and coaches were asked to keep quiet before the official announcement.
Today, cnt players and coaches chose 19:00 to express their support to LGL on weibo.
Besides, Cai Zhenhua accepted a very short interview about LGL's leave. He said nothing and told the journalist to ask the Table Tennis and Badminton Centre.

Last edited: