Ding Ning using a Carbonado at China Open!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I read somewhere that LSW use a DHS blade at China Open. If true, I wonder how that works with Btfly? Maybe her contract with them is up and DHS will pay more?
Correct that LSW used a DHS blade in the latest China Open tournament. Having DN using a Stiga blade while she is sponsored by DHS is a good question. She is still using a DHS rubber. The whole CNT is sponsored by Stiga.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Correct that LSW used a DHS blade in the latest China Open tournament. Having DN using a Stiga blade while she is sponsored by DHS is a good question. She is still using a DHS rubber. The whole CNT is sponsored by Stiga.
Looking at the TTD video about their trip to the CNT training centre (just amazing BTW) in Beijing, it seems that the biggest (most visible) CNT sponsor is DHS, but the only major TT name I didn't see around the centre was Butterfly :p. I really don't think it is reasonable for any one company to insist that a player change their blade, and risk their performance and their value to the sponsor thereby. Sponsorship is more about association of the brand with the celebrity than with whether they actually use it. I don't think that people believe implicitly that famous people actually buy the brands they endorse. I know it is a little more involved within a sport like table tennis, when talking about related products, but certainly in the wider world, it is just association. Is anyone upset when Ford sponsors a movie by supplying cars, but the star is later seen in another car in the real world?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
This reminds me of the blade Li Xiaoxiao started using at the end of her career. I think it too was also a Carbonado because of the plastic ball.