Timo Boll different BH rubber?

This user has no status.
Hi, anybody noticed Timo Boll's BH rubber is more reddish than FH? One is T05 and second? Has Timo changed one T05 for Tibhar Evo? Stiga Mantra?

0fa44b9e2d61d9537097e7d583c97930.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
its tenergy on both sides

It is next to impossible that Boll would use a non-Butterfly rubber. He is extremely loyal to his sponsor. You can never rule out a new Butterfly technology - but I am not so sure he´d play something not on any official list during a tournament. So if it´s not one of the new rubbers on the LARC which aren´t officially available yet (but legal to play) it would most likely still be t05.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you take orange and it is next to black, the orange would look a little different than if you took the same orange and had it next to red. I think this is probably why they seem different to you. Our brain does that in processing the information. If you look closely enough, you can see through the effect and discern the actual color.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
If you take orange and it is next to black, the orange would look a little different than if you took the same orange and had it next to red. I think this is probably why they seem different to you. Our brain does that in processing the information. If you look closely enough, you can see through the effect and discern the actual color.

How a little science can spoil all the fun ;)

No really, on a German forum there are often even discussions about sponge colours and blades used, based on mobile phone snapshots from video cubes 20 meters above the floor ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

No really, on a German forum there are often even discussions about sponge colours and blades used, based on mobile phone snapshots from video cubes 20 meters above the floor ...

I have abstained from commenting so far because I find these kinds of threads to say a lot about the people posting them. I remember on another forum, someone used a bad picture to argue that Dima may have swithched to T80. But if you looked at the picture, it was so hard to read the numbering that you could just as well have said it was a bad picture. But when you want to start rumors, you will start rumors, no need for pictures.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I have abstained from commenting so far because I find these kinds of threads to say a lot about the people posting them. I remember on another forum, someone used a bad picture to argue that Dima may have swithched to T80. But if you looked at the picture, it was so hard to read the numbering that you could just as well have said it was a bad picture. But when you want to start rumors, you will start rumors, no need for pictures.

These are both really great posts. Thank you. More people really should hit the like button on both of these.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: BeGo and ttmonster
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

And of course forumers someimes claim to have super EJ powers. Once I saw a forumer argue that Jin Mitzutani had switched from a ZLC to a sZLC because he could see the different trajectory of the ball coming off his blade on youtube videos.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
And of course forumers someimes claim to have super EJ powers. Once I saw a forumer argue that Jin Mitzutani had switched from a ZLC to a sZLC because he could see the different trajectory of the ball coming off his blade on youtube videos.

Surely one for the hall of fame :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
That is taking it too far of course, but surely we can tell if its European rubber or Hurricane from the way shots are played , especially the short balls , ... .