Timo Boll different BH rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't know but the more I see the forehand over the table game from Timo in this match the more I am convinced that it has to be european rubber / or "Japanese rubber" tenergy and not Hurricane ... the soft flips , the drop shots , the perpendicular angled bat to receive no/top spin serves with a follow through with a paddle that retracts .. I don't think anybody using Hurricane would be doing that

Sure. Sure. Truthfully, it is not that simple.

This user has no status.
I honestly believe that Timo would be the last professional on earth to secretly change his rubber and move AWAY from the Butterfly brand to a rubber that is famous for it's latent potential when being tuned. Especially when you consider how strongly he spoke out against the "booster era"

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Very true .. somehow I feel the game that Timo plays and Tenergy are made for each other ...
I honestly believe that Timo would be the last professional on earth to secretly change his rubber and move AWAY from the Butterfly brand to a rubber that is famous for it's latent potential when being tuned. Especially when you consider how strongly he spoke out against the "booster era"

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I'm sure they sent him a test rubber (or more like 10 versions ... the fifth was a fit (Tenergy 05)) and asked for his opinion when they were in development phase.

They may have asked some of their players for sure.

But the 05 stands for one of very many different combinations of topsheet and sponge they produced, while 64 represents another, and so on.

Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
They may have asked some of their players for sure.

But the 05 stands for one of very many different combinations of topsheet and sponge they produced, while 64 represents another, and so on.

It is worth being able to see a joke when it is sitting in front of you.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
I've heard the T in Tenergy stands for tinfoil hat while the C in Hurricane is for conspiracy. Buy either and you'll become an equipment connoisseur par excellence.

Jokes aside, talking about equipment with people who know it all and come up with 'unarguable' theories can be quite debilitating. Requires a lot of tenacity to talk with a wall, but then again that goes for all parts of life and admittedly patience isn't my strength :D