Getting better my game

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would say that a big thing would be having an idea of how to train. It doesn't look like you have that. An idea of how to train would help you.

You get acceptable topspin. But you are a bit too upright. You need to bend your knees more and get your weight more forward. You also seem to be too square to the table. That causes you to have trouble turning to FH. You are trying to turn your upper body without turning your feet. Your right foot should be further away from the table than your left.

But I would say the biggest thing is for you to learn how to construct points. It doesn't look like you have much of a plan when you are in points in the game.

Practicing serves would help you a decent amount too.

All that being said, you are doing a decent amount right and you get decent spin on your shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: dominus7
says what [IMG]
I'm not good enough to give you advice that'd help you, but I can tell you that it's a good thing you posted video in the same post as when you asked questions.

I can however advise you in a non-game related, but still game related thing: Get a t-shirt and some more flexible pants! I used to play in jeans myself, and it made it hard to get adequately low. It was mostly a psychology/feeling thing.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm not good enough to give you advice that'd help you, but I can tell you that it's a good thing you posted video in the same post as when you asked questions.

I can however advise you in a non-game related, but still game related thing: Get a t-shirt and some more flexible pants! I used to play in jeans myself, and it made it hard to get adequately low. It was mostly a psychology/feeling thing.

Hahahaha. I refrained from making the same comments that were made about how you need some proper TT clothing because I noted that everyone in the video is wearing regular street clothing. But yeah, more flexible clothing would actually help.

You definitely should be using a slower blade though. Slower than the Korbel as well. You miss way too many of your offensive shots. That is a clear sign that your equipment is too fast for you.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Firstly, don't listen to these guys. Playing in jeans and a button down shirt is COOL as shit.

Secondly, the net is amazing. the ball fits under it! So convenient!

Most importantly, have fun, you'll improve in time. Stressing improvement can actually hinder how quickly you improve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
@Shuki

It's cool as shit, but it ain't so cool between your legs after a few sets...

this guy in jeans. Rated 2055 17 years ago and has only improved since then. plays in jeans 6 times a week.

I've asked him why he doesn't wear shorts to play, he told me he has some in his car but changing means he gets less time to play haha.

says what [IMG]

this guy in jeans. Rated 2055 17 years ago and has only improved since then. plays in jeans 6 times a week.

I've asked him why he doesn't wear shorts to play, he told me he has some in his car but changing means he gets less time to play haha.
I remember that fellow. You'd shown a video before.

I had that same kind of attitude, but I've taken it a habit to do a proper warmup and the like, so I figured why not change as well. It's easier to focus on the game when your pants aren't sticking to your ass. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Haha I wouldn't be comfortable playing in jeans especially when sweating a lot. Just my 5 cents...
glad, i don´t have to smell that aroma after a sweaty 3+ hours session!
if I were the OP I would find some basic drills to do to improve.
There are quite a few online available, so that definitely would be helpful, but i think finding a coach would really be worth it too!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
For those of you who missed it, Dominus hitting with a coach:

Cool. Seems as if the coach doesn't accept wearing jeans. Glad he did so. It always makes our sport look very unprofessional und recreational if someone doesn't wear sport clothing while practicing seriously.

Domino keep it up.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Korbel is a little better for you than the carbon blade. But not much. It is still too fast. I recommend Stiga Allround Evolution, Yasaka Sweden Extra or Stiga Allround Classic. You should be using something that will help you improve. I know, it is hard to get past your ego saying, "I want a faster blade." But that will only hold you back.

This is a suggestion of something to start with. Most of your "rallies" when you are warming up are 3 hits or less. The points in the games are even shorter before someone messes up. And it is pretty hard to average less than 3 hits. :)

Get a practice partner. Hit cross court FH to FH and see if you can do 50 hits in a row or more. When you can get 50 hits in a row consistently, then make a video for us of that. Also, it is worth practicing the same drill BH to BH crosscourt as well. With BH, when you can make 30 hits in a row consistently, then make a video of that.

In this exercise while trying to go cross court, consider a shot you hit that does not go into the cross court box as a MISS.

50 hits in a row means that each player hits the ball 25 times. For BH 30 hits in a row is 15 for each player. The serve should NOT count as one of the hits. For warming up, that really should be easy to achieve. It should not be hard. When I was about your level, I had a training partner and we were able to go 20 min straight without missing on either FH or BH. At the moderate pace we were doing it at, it would be about 1800 hits without missing.

Here, like this. Also, note his body position. Knees bent, weight forward, right foot further away from the table than left foot.

Look at your body position and compare.

Also, watch the parts where your shot does not go on the table and see if you can understand why it does not go on the table.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
The Korbel is a little better for you than the carbon blade. But not much. It is still too fast. I recommend Stiga Allround Evolution, Yasaka Sweden Extra or Stiga Allround Classic. You should be using something that will help you improve. I know, it is hard to get past your ego saying, "I want a faster blade." But that will only hold you back.

This is a suggestion of something to start with. Most of your "rallies" when you are warming up are 3 hits or less. The points in the games are even shorter before someone messes up. And it is pretty hard to average less than 3 hits. :)

Get a practice partner. Hit cross court FH to FH and see if you can do 50 hits in a row or more. When you can get 50 hits in a row consistently, then make a video for us of that. Also, it is worth practicing the same drill BH to BH crosscourt as well. With BH, when you can make 30 hits in a row consistently, then make a video of that.

In this exercise while trying to go cross court, consider a shot you hit that does not go into the cross court box as a MISS.

50 hits in a row means that each player hits the ball 25 times. For BH 30 hits in a row is 15 for each player. The serve should NOT count as one of the hits. For warming up, that really should be easy to achieve. It should not be hard. When I was about your level, I had a training partner and we were able to go 20 min straight without missing on either FH or BH. At the moderate pace we were doing it at, it would be about 1800 hits without missing.

Here, like this. Also, note his body position. Knees bent, weight forward, right foot further away from the table than left foot.

Look at your body position and compare.

Also, watch the parts where your shot does not go on the table and see if you can understand why it does not go on the table.
I'm seeking the Yasaka Sweden extra, paired with which rubbers? Xiom vega euro?, Mark v? Can you send a list with the compatible rubbers please?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk