Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey all,

Here's our latest review on the Cornilleau Target Pro GT Series with Cornilleau Pro Player Can Akkazu at the Aimens Table Tennis Club in France. Some of the backhands Can hits are so ridiculous, be sure to check out his incredible serve return at 9.09, its crazy!

Watch our full video review below.

For a more detailed review on the Target Pro visit the TTD review Center.

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? What do you think of them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So how does this rubber compare to the ESN tensors like MX-P Rasanter, Bluefire etc? what about Tenergy?

As the Target rubbers are also made by ESN you will find similarities to other tensor rubbers. Start with sponge hardness and the 51 degree version should be close to Rasant Powergrip and bluefire M1 turbo in some respect, while the 47 competes with bluefire M1, victas v15, MX-P etc.
None of them is the same, but you´ll get the idea.

Rasanter with the new thinner topsheet is a different technology already.

Reactions: Dan and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey all,

Here's our latest review on the Cornilleau Target Pro GT Series with Cornilleau Pro Player Can Akkazu at the Aimens Table Tennis Club in France. Some of the backhands Can hits are so ridiculous, be sure to check out his incredible serve return at 9.09, its crazy!

Watch our full video review below.

For a more detailed review on the Target Pro visit the TTD review Center.

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? What do you think of them?

You can say what you want, but to me it seems that Dan is secretely trying to attack the english top 10 when he's lately been praticing with all those top pros like Gerell, Aruna and now Akkuzu and disguising his practice as reviews.
Can't fool me, Sir.
[Emoji6]
On a more serious note: great review (as always), Dan.
You somehow manage to even make not so appealing rubbers become interesting to me.
As Airoc stated above this isn't even from the newest ESN Tensor generation, but still it looks quite interesting. Well done.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Dan, you said that you liked the punching block with the Target Pro 47. Do you think it felt better or easier to perform in that aerea that the Evolution rubbers that you tried? Or may be with so many rubbers tested, all the brands and versions get mixed in your brain unless you have a computer file with "personal preferences for different strokes" haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Guys, it is a great video to watch of two skilled players hitting to each other but it is a table tennis rubber. It is going to do what every other table tennis rubber does - enable you to play table tennis if you have skills or if you want to build the skills. Even if I buy the rubber and practice for 3 months, I will not be playing like these guys.

Sorry, but the review was so attractive I had to remind people and myself of course of these things.:p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You are telling me now ! Ignore this advise guys this is the EJ's remorse speaking :D
Guys, it is a great video to watch of two skilled players hitting to each other but it is a table tennis rubber. It is going to do what every other table tennis rubber does - enable you to play table tennis if you have skills or if you want to build the skills. Even if I buy the rubber and practice for 3 months, I will not be playing like these guys.

Sorry, but the review was so attractive I had to remind people and myself of course of these things.:p

This user has no status.
. Some of the backhands Can hits are so ridiculous, be sure to check out his incredible serve return at 9.09, its crazy!

Nice review, this is a rubber i might use because you can tell is not as fast as tenergy, but is way more grippy, just by looking at those service returns and backhand flicks.

Dan, can you please add some FH/BH chopping at various distances in your reviews? Some players like me can't play every single ball so aggressively (due to injury, technique or age). A few chops/pushes would be nice to see how strong the backspin effect is.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi all,

First of all a thank you to Dan for a great review that made me buy this setup and a question:

Dan, did Can play with Hinotec Off or Off+ in the video? I know it says off but after my search on the net i found out that he is using Off+.

I bought Hinotec Off together with 47 red for my backhand and 51 black for my forehand from shop-ping. Had a first hit today - here are my first impressions.

My usual setup is Butterfly Viscaria with Tenergy 05 on forehand and 05fx on backhand.

Forehand.

I felt comfortable and safe on my forehand with loops. The arc was quite low but the feeling of safety and consistency was very high. Blocking felt good but chopping i need adjustment to. Flat smashing with the forehand felt better than 05 in terms of forgiveness. Overall it felt slower than my Butterfly setup.

Backhand

Nothing was working for me. I felt that as long as i was doing flat hits not loops i could not make it over the net without the struggle if technique was left from how it is with the butterfly setup. The new setup felt much slower. As long as i put spin on my backhand it was another story - the loops were consistent and fast. I felt like heaps of adjustment is required for my backhand and being a backhand oriented player i am not yet sure if its worth adjusting. I will definitely give more goes to this setup and see if my game improves. When i tried playing on my backhand with 51 for a bit and i felt much more comfortable with blocking and speed.

Viscaria + 05fx feels heaps different to Hinotec off and 47. I have a suspicion that i should try Hinotech off+. My friend has with same rubbers and it felt heaps faster than my setup and i briefly tried it.

Here are my two cents about this setup - hopefully it could be helpfully yo people coming off the tenergy setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk