table tennis, not ping pong.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Somehow the video is not showing on Chrome, Firefox or Safari. But I can see it on TapaTalk. Perhaps it is because the video is a share from facebook. If I was you I would find the video on YouTube and repost it.

But the guy in the video, Yan Weihao, this video says he is World Champion of Table Tennis. I don't really think so! I think if he played table tennis against Ma Long, he would lose pretty badly. And I don't think those rackets they are using would pass inspection. I think those rackets have two blue rubbers. I doubt they have ITTF approval.

And I don't really think using the term Ping Pong is racism.

Here is how I think of the terms Ping Pong and Table Tennis.

Ping Pong is a brand like Kleenex or Roller Blade. People do sometimes say Kleenex to mean tissue. And sometimes they say Roller Blade to mean In-Line skate. Usually in table tennis, when someone says ping pong to mean table tennis, they are a recreational level player. So, to me, ping pong sort of means, those people who stand at the table with their right foot closer in to the table and their left foot further away from the table, and hit everything with their BH and hit up with the racket open instead of how a real table tennis BH is hit.

Or this, this is ping pong:

I would not disgrace table tennis by calling what they are doing table tennis.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Actually most of the Ping Pong players are table tennis players, if not all of them. In Hungary the qualification for the PP World Championship was one tournament. 90% of the players played a few match after training with PP bats and that's all.
Of course the top PP players put greater effort to train PP.
It would be interesting to see players who trained PP from the beginnings and who doesn't use their slightly modified TT movements.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
guys it is a troll video the specific page is just exaggerating about today's political correctness "madness" about everything.

I myself fell for it at the beginning because they are so good at it, once you see 2-3 videos then you start to realize their videos are simply too much to be true:p https://www.facebook.com/pg/pleasesharenews/videos/?ref=page_internal

p.s. ping pong or table tennis...who cares in the end its not what really matters :p

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The guys in the hard bat tournament that they are calling The World Championship of Ping Pong are definitely real table tennis players who have trained a little to play that tournament. You can see it is modern TT technique applied to hardbat rather than hardbat technique.

As far as the video, yeah, they are trying to create clickbait.

All good. I play table tennis. I don't care what people call it. If someone grew up with the name ping pong, I have nothing against it.

Still fun to watch the clickbait video.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: TTFrenzy and BeGo