Boycott effects: ML, XX and FZD get suspended?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Is Liu Guoliang no longer part of the CNT completely?
We cannot know the answer now. CNT is not gathering; some players train at the National Training Center with their CNT coaches because their provincial teams applied and requested. There is no CNT duty for LGL at the moment. Well, there should be someone responsible for the entries lists of Asian Cup (XX and FZD are invited; changes can be made by 8/10) and Austrian Open (deadline 8/20). However, as we don't how previous lists are decided, by CNT or by CTTA or by both, it is hard to tell what LGL can do to CNT If any now.
BTW, as LGL's daughter won runnerup in kids golf world championship, he made to top Weibo hot searches a few days ago and the general public spoke highly of him. As ML played a cameo role in a table tennis themed movie with Jay Chou (top pop singer), he also made to Weibo hot searches; he and his Brazilian fan, a 7-yr old table tennis kid who is named after ML, were reported by CCTV news as a good example of role model (perhaps ML's first CCTV news after the boycott). I haven't seen bad consequences so far.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thx. I hope we see them soon.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Xu Xin will not play Asian Cup in Sep. Fan Zhendong and Lin Gaoyuan will play.
XX has won 4 Asian Cups while FZD none. As FZD will play, there is no ban at all! Hooray!

Is XX hurt or is there some other known reason he won't play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
No specific news about XX's injuries so far. He just turned 28 years old this week. As he will not play Asian Cup and Austrian Open, I guess he just needs time to rest and recover after the China National Games (he will play team, MS and MD). It makes sense that FZD will not play Austrian Open that is right after Asian Cup. He will play team, MS, MD and XD at the China National Games and he needs rest as well.
But overall, it is shorter than 3 months from China Open to Asian Cup. What we speculated before like at lease 3-months ban of the three from international tournament or other punishments do not happen.

Is XX hurt or is there some other known reason he won't play?

Reactions: PolishTT17
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
ML and FZD are under ongoing ITTF disciplinary investigation!

ML's qualification for World Cup 2017 was changed to "pending on ongoing ITTF disciplinary investigation" on Sep 14. He was shown qualified previously as the current World Champion.
http://www.old.ittf.com/World_Events/2017MWC/2017_MWC_CONFIRMED_list_FINAL_1.pdf

As the runner-up of Asian Cup 2017, FZD also has chance to attend World Cup 2017. However, the latest ITTF news on Sep 17 said, "However, the acceptance of Fan Zhendong is in doubt; his appearance is pending on ongoing ITTF disciplinary investigation."
https://www.ittf.com/2017/09/17/lin-gaoyuan-lays-ghost-rest-now-winner/

What do you think? Will they still be able to play ITTF events?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
I'm very confused about this "disciplinary investigation".
Isn't the Asian Cup sanctioned by ITTF? FZD was able to play the Asian Cup but his potential appearance in World Cup is pending on the investigation? I just don't understand it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
If the investigation does not allow ML to be qualified for the World Cup, perhaps FZD will not be allowed as well. Then CNT will have only one player qualified for the World Cup MS: LGY.

As an audience, I really want to see ML or FZD play in the World Cup. :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
There seem to be two investigations, one by China, which seems to be finished, and the boys are back in the swing of things, especially with the completion of the National Games which were very successful. The other is being brought up now as an investigation by the ITTF. Who cares about this one? Maybe just ITTF officials. The part we may never know is all the machinations with Chinese coaching, fame, and business dealings. YAWN. Nothing could interest me less, unless they mess with three great players.

This user has no status.
There seem to be two investigations, one by China, which seems to be finished, and the boys are back in the swing of things, especially with the completion of the National Games which were very successful. The other is being brought up now as an investigation by the ITTF. Who cares about this one? Maybe just ITTF officials. The part we may never know is all the machinations with Chinese coaching, fame, and business dealings. YAWN. Nothing could interest me less, unless they mess with three great players.
Wait, there are two investigations?
I thought there was only one (from China)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Wait, there are two investigations?
I thought there was only one (from China)

Well, it seems a formal complaint was made at the time. There's no stopping some processes once they're started, alas.

To me, that perception of loss of face of authorities surrounding the China Open withdrawals seemed very ominous, and I don't think phrases like "will be dealt with severely" should ever be taken lightly, especially when coming from large authoritarian organisations.