Chinese National Games 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Congrats to ML!!
Is he the first male to win two China National Games gold in singles competition? I think I've read somewhere that information but I'm not sure

Reactions: Suga D
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The announcer is cute but she knows nothing about table tennis and I wanted her to shut up (which I eventually did by just muting the sound). Surely they could do better.

Ma Long just looked confident in several parts of that match and he proves again that you don't need to banana flick every return of serve and being unpredictable is a good thing.

FZD's ability to rip BHs down the line still amazes me but he made some strange errors in the last game.

I suspect this may be the single toughest tournament on the planet. Ma Long is still the king.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Xu Xin thanked his coaches, government officials, teammates, supporting team, family members and the fans. It is a genuine but super looooong thank you message and here is the full translation.

https://tabletennissbsbb.blogspot.com/2017/09/in-translation-xu-xin-post-national.html

"Ma Long, my closest brother. Everyone knows our goal. At the end we lost in the men's doubles final but we leave no regrets. Your spirit has touched me when I am not in good body condition. Perhaps I can forget this is a national competition and treat this as the Olympic Games."

It's really touching. They wanted MD gold medal so eagerly.

The mysterious man - obviously that's Liu Guoliang.

He and Kong LH have never shown up in Tianjin during the Games.[emoji20]

This user has no status.
Congrats to ML!!
Is he the first male to win two China National Games gold in singles competition? I think I've read somewhere that information but I'm not sure

Wang Tao is the first male to win 2 men's singles champion at the National Games. He won at the 6th(1987) and 8th (1997) Games. Ma Long is the first male to win men's singles champion in 2 consecutive National Games.

Here is a brief introduction which listed the past National Games champions of each table tennis event.
https://tabletennissbsbb.blogspot.com/2017/07/13th-chinese-national-games-introduction.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
"Ma Long, my closest brother. Everyone knows our goal. At the end we lost in the men's doubles final but we leave no regrets. Your spirit has touched me when I am not in good body condition. Perhaps I can forget this is a national competition and treat this as the Olympic Games."

It's really touching. They wanted MD gold medal so eagerly.

The mysterious man - obviously that's Liu Guoliang.

He and Kong LH have never shown up in Tianjin during the Games.[emoji20]

He even cant write the name of liu guoliang ????

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
He even cant write the name of liu guoliang ???? ������������������ so sad

Sad for sure but I am glad he is being careful. I don't want anything to keep these guys from playing.

Reactions: Suga D and ping fun