Chinese National Games 2017

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
He even cant write the name of liu guoliang ???? í*½í¸[emoji768]í*½í¸[emoji768]í*½í¸[emoji768] so sad

Must be me, but I read it as a swan song, which lead me to wonder if this heroic exit is in fact a contrived way of selling a retirement. I hope not; I hope to see XX play as long as Waldner, Persson, Kalinic, Saive, Samsonov.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
A swan song?? Don't get XX wrong. XX just wanted to say thank you to his teammates, coaches, family, and fans after this tournament - the most important domestic tournament.

Must be me, but I read it as a swan song, which lead me to wonder if this heroic exit is in fact a contrived way of selling a retirement. I hope not; I hope to see XX play as long as Waldner, Persson, Kalinic, Saive, Samsonov.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2017-09-06/doc-ifykuffc3943908.shtml
Don't be too sensitive. XX is going to Beijing as CNT is gathering. He got an injection on the back before the doubles final and he said CNT will take care of him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Is it just me or did I see ML using a BH banana more often in this match? He definitely used it more compared to wttc and I've said it in the past the he still has huge room for improvement in that aspect, didnt expect him to beat FZD in such a convincing manner being 2-1 down . FZD still gets outsmarted, the best player in fast topspin rallies but its not enough especially when ur so predictable...creativity is difficult to teach I guess, especially against a variation player like ML

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ma Long is such a versatile player and even though it would be fun to see him bh flick it more it might not become an even more winning concept since he values every situation very carefully and chooses the right move almost every single time. The greatest player ever. And it's not even close.

Is it just me or did I see ML using a BH banana more often in this match? He definitely used it more compared to wttc and I've said it in the past the he still has huge room for improvement in that aspect, didnt expect him to beat FZD in such a convincing manner being 2-1 down . FZD still gets outsmarted, the best player in fast topspin rallies but its not enough especially when ur so predictable...creativity is difficult to teach I guess, especially against a variation player like ML

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

Seamless balls bounce a little higher. That might make flickng an option a bit more often. What struck me though is that he used such a variety of returns. His push is so loaded.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The captain again has proved his greatness.
And as the speaker said during the match, this final means a much more than the Olympic one. There, just 2 player for nation can compete (it means 2 Chinese). In the China National Games, all of them are Chinese!
So be in the final, means you are really the best.

In this case, the Captain is the best of all time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Results from Day 10 (6 September 2017):

Men's Singles:

Semi-finals:
Ma Long 4:1 Wang Chuqin (11:3, 11:8, 11:6, 5:11, 11:7)
Xu Xin 0:4 Fan Zhendong (w.o.)

Bronze medal match:
Wang Chuqin 3:0 Xu Xin (w.o.)

Final:
Ma Long 4:2 Fan Zhendong (11:8, 8:11, 9:11, 11:7, 11:6,11:9)

Men's Singles medalists:

Gold: Ma Long (Beijing)
MS1.jpg

Silver: Fan Zhendong (PLA)
MS2.jpg

Bronze: Wang Chuqin (Beijing)

MS3.jpg

Women's Singles:

Semi-finals:
Ding Ning 4:3 Zhu Yuling (11:6, 8:11, 11:9, 4:11, 7:11, 11:8, 11:9)
Liu Shiwen 4:1 Wang Yidi (11:8, 11:8, 4:11, 11:7, 11:8)

Bronze medal match:
Zhu Yuling 3:2 Wang Yidi (7:11, 11:7, 11:9, 7:11, 11:7)

Final:
Ding Ning 4:2 Liu Shiwen (13:15, 11:3, 11:4, 8:11, 11:5, 11:9)

Women's Singles medalists:

Gold: Ding Ning (Beijing)
WS1.jpg

Silver: Liu Shiwen (Guangdong)

WS2.jpg

Bronze: Zhu Yuling (Sichuan)

WS3.jpg
Photos courtesy of: http://www.weibo.com/tabletennisworld

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
The rebellion three ML, XX and FZD all won 1 gold and 1 silver, while FZD won another 2 bronze.
In CCTV5 recap of the National Games, they were highly praised. ML made history to defend the singles title. XX led Team Shanghai to win the team event and got a lot of support for his fighting spirits after injury. FZD also did a great job winning all the matches in the team event and defended the doubles titles. CCTV5 regarded them as the best three on the planet. Hopefully this means the boycott won't bother them any more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Mostly I think Ma Long outsmarted Fan.
It was like he knew before FZD what FZD will do.
Mostly.
So many times he played combination while BH exchanges, where he played first into the middle, then deep BH and then down the line leaving FZD stepping around BH blind..
He was just better with the placement.
FZD is all about power, like no brainer.. Only trying to surprise ML with BH flip, but that cannot work all the time.
If more players will reveal this pattern in FZD game, I think FZD will fade out soon..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Since Janus is not doing it anymore, I did a short form of the final ;-)

Thanks so much for this. I only wish you had not chosen the version with that goddawful English commentary, it makes it nearly unwatchable (she talks over the points and the commentary audio drowns out the sounds of the ball.).

Reactions: Baal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Read 2 reviews
FZD is all about power, like no brainer.. Only trying to surprise ML with BH flip, but that cannot work all the time.
If more players will reveal this pattern in FZD game, I think FZD will fade out soon..

No. Just no. Ma Long can do it because he is Ma Long. He has the touch, the skills, the experience, whatever you want, to do that. Give his strategy to any other guy on earth and this guy will loose against FZD.
And FZD is not dumb dude, he is a smart guy, has tons of smart coaches behind him, he obviously also has a long and hard thought strategy (how can anyone say the contrary?), but he plays against the GOAT. He needs a lot more experience to reach the level of Ma Long.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thanks so much for this. I only wish you had not chosen the version with that goddawful English commentary, it makes it nearly unwatchable (she talks over the points and the commentary audio drowns out the sounds of the ball.).

I had to shut her off. She knows nothing about table tennis and was chosen because of her looks. I guess they figured that would catch our attention.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This event clearly showed why ML is the GOAT. It seemed to me that in the last game he started using more banana flip and got FZD by surprise. What a clever and great player!

Indeed, people don't often compare him to Waldner, but I think it is worth noting that about the time you think you know what he is going to do, he does something different.

He is amazing. He gets better too. He had to learn some of his killer instinct later than most.

Reactions: RidTheKid