Just came to Tokyo

nice. there are clubs there that if you are a member you can have the tenergy rubbers at 60-70% price. sad thing is you would have to pay a huge amount for the club membership.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
I will probably be helping in one of the clubs, but I had exams before a trip and was unable to play for 1 month, so before I go to club as a part time coach or something like that I wanted to feel the ball again.

I also have a new blade that I got just 1 day before leaving my country. Wow 60%-70% ? That is amazing, I didn't know about that. I will probably try joining the club when I come here for longer next time. Thanks for the information.

Also thanks to takkyu_wa_inochi I will take part in one of the tournaments in August ! I registered in last seconds (only 1 spot was left). Thank again !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
thanks for letting me know about this place :D
Hope You will be able to mimic my reverse pendelum serve.
Unfortunately I lost to that japanese player. He is a lot better, I was leading 7:3 in 1st game and lost 7:11. In last game it was 11:9 and on 10:9 I missed a serve. He is a lot better, but was unable to return 70% of the reverse serves. Of course I didn't use them all the time

@TTHopeful
I don't know where he is training ^^'. 2 years during polish open I asked him and he said it was Sendai, but probably a lot changed from that time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
its the first time i see those guys, usually in the afternoon, you have a mix of teens or students and old ladies
in the evening its more salarymen... and i usually come in the evenings cause my friends work....

I hope we have the chance to play once or twice again !

I felt you were the stronger player but i was still competitive, got a set (on deuce), lost 2 on deuces if my memory is right . I need to play more often with players of your level to up my game. If I could receive a bit better that reverse-pendulum, i felt i had a chance. But I'm not used to that quality of serves and this one generally is troubling me on my FH.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
thanks for the nice words. I agree that if I didn't use reverse pendelum I could lose more sets, so I was using it when sets were close or when I was losing in points (it felt like cheating xD).

My weakest point in the game is receive of long serves to bh and You are doing it a lot, so it is also a great training for me.

I will try to rest a little more before next match :D. From Friday to Saturday/Sunday night I slept only 2 hours (and flew from Poland to Japan with 9 hours stop in night in Dubai), so the "Waldner" blocks and counters were killing me, I will try to counter some of them next time when my legs start working again :)

This user has no status.
yes I know you didn't have to play your best to beat me.

but i'll keep trying next time as well...

thanks for the compliments about the blocks. that's a nice part of my game, and actually it works quite good against players of your type... to do those counters, i always go to the ball, even I'm close to the table, just put the racket in the right direction is enough to get the point... many players are afraid when they block and start going back to give themselves more time, but its a mistake. Of course sometimes, the finishing stroke will just be too fast or too well placed, but i'm sometimes also gambling on where it's going, and it gives me a good % of points in this kind of situations