Krash Landing in Krooklyn: Der_Echte Breaks the City 1.6

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, this is to inform you that Der_Ecthe will be in NYC for a short stay, Tuesday-Wednesday. He will arrive in the city on a bus from Boston at about 8pm. We will meet up at a place in Brooklyn that is not a TT club but has 5 tables. We will cause a little trouble, maybe play a little TT. And Der_ will get on a plane to parts unknown some time Wednesday afternoon.

We are meeting up at a place called Oceans 8 at Brownstone Billiards. We should be able to eat, drink and cause a little TT ruckus all in the same place. But there is lots of good food in that neighborhood so what we end up doing is up for grabs. I am sure Der will have a fiendish plan.

Der will stay at the UpSideDown hotel Tuesday evening and I can't be too far from home for the sake of my new responsibilities as a single dad. Which is why we are meeting up at a pool hall. But it still should be fun. My money says everyone in the pool hall will be watching us with a bit of amazement because generally, the only people who use the TT tables are total recreational players.

Still, my guess is, Der will be able to choose the worst player in the crowd, play with him as doubles partner and still beat everyone at doubles. :)

I am really looking forward to seeing the Big Grizzly Bear of the TT forums again. Have you ever seen a Great Big Grizzly wearing Nexy gear. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You mean the Great Big Krizzly Bear that wears Nexy gear , speaks fluent Korean to mesmerize the maids and and shouts
Scheisse !!!
when he misses the ball .. I sure have !!! Looking forward to media from an evening in tangling with the grizzly !
Okay, this is to inform you that Der_Ecthe will be in NYC for a short stay, Tuesday-Wednesday. He will arrive in the city on a bus from Boston at about 8pm. We will meet up at a place in Brooklyn that is not a TT club but has 5 tables. We will cause a little trouble, maybe play a little TT. And Der_ will get on a plane to parts unknown some time Wednesday afternoon.

We are meeting up at a place called Oceans 8 at Brownstone Billiards. We should be able to eat, drink and cause a little TT ruckus all in the same place. But there is lots of good food in that neighborhood so what we end up doing is up for grabs. I am sure Der will have a fiendish plan.

Der will stay at the UpSideDown hotel Tuesday evening and I can't be too far from home for the sake of my new responsibilities as a single dad. Which is why we are meeting up at a pool hall. But it still should be fun. My money says everyone in the pool hall will be watching us with a bit of amazement because generally, the only people who use the TT tables are total recreational players.

Still, my guess is, Der will be able to choose the worst player in the crowd, play with him as doubles partner and still beat everyone at doubles. :)

I am really looking forward to seeing the Big Grizzly Bear of the TT forums again. Have you ever seen a Great Big Grizzly wearing Nexy gear. :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You mean the Great Big Krizzly Bear that wears Nexy gear , speaks fluent Korean to mesmerize the maids and and shouts
Scheisse !!!
when he misses the ball .. I sure have !!! Looking forward to media from an evening in tangling with the grizzly !

I am sending Der_Echte over the East River, over the Krooklyn Bridge on the Q train to our starting destination. He may be required by law to take photos that show the trap door on the bridge. If he does, he will have to figure out how to take those photos without revealing the true location of the entrance to the secret hideout. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am so glad you are going to make it there ... looking forward to the pictures and videos , I will try to be there in spirit .. not timo boll spirit :p .. bad joke ..
*goes home to pump out 10,000 bicep curls and applies chapstick to lips in hopes of making 1 good shot tomorrow so i can kiss my bicep*

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
and I thought you are the mortal that needs all those trapdors , Der_Echte is supposedly a natural teleporter .. atleast thats what he demands of his partner whenever he pushes and the opponent loops :D :D
I am sending Der_Echte over the East River, over the Krooklyn Bridge on the Q train to our starting destination. He may be required by law to take photos that show the trap door on the bridge. If he does, he will have to figure out how to take those photos without revealing the true location of the entrance to the secret hideout. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I am so glad you are going to make it there ... looking forward to the pictures and videos , I will try to be there in spirit .. not timo boll spirit :p .. bad joke ..

SHHH!!! Don't "crow's mouth" me! LOL

(Cantonese saying ... that is the literal translation ... themeaning is the same as 'jinxing')

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
OH ! no way ! I genuinely want you to get there and try Karis M on your shakehand backhand , don't you dare post any videos of you playing Pen hold .. talk about jinxing !! :rolleyes:
SHHH!!! Don't "crow's mouth" me! LOL

(Cantonese saying ... that is the literal translation ... themeaning is the same as 'jinxing')

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
OH ! no way ! I genuinely want you to get there and try Karis M on your shakehand backhand , don't you dare post any videos of you playing Pen hold .. talk about jinxing !! :rolleyes:

LOLOLOL

We will see how it plays out (pun intended) -- tuesday night, can't take weds off and have to go to work. Starting ~9pm for dinner, then say 10-11pm finishing dinner, may be tough to for me at least to play some TT. Fri/Sat night 10-11pm, I'm ok, but weeknight with work the next day will be challenging.

Playing it by ear and making all effort to go see Der and the rest of the Goon Squad.

*will hydrate plenty tonight and tomorrow so my mouth won't be dry when i will request 9 points LOL*

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hydration is always good, make sure you are stretching and spending some time on the roller , eating some magnesium and stuff , I prefer bananan, carrot juice etc after you finish playing ... that helps in recovering much faster ...
LOLOLOL

We will see how it plays out (pun intended) -- tuesday night, can't take weds off and have to go to work. Starting ~9pm for dinner, then say 10-11pm finishing dinner, may be tough to for me at least to play some TT. Fri/Sat night 10-11pm, I'm ok, but weeknight with work the next day will be challenging.

Playing it by ear and making all effort to go see Der and the rest of the Goon Squad.

*will hydrate plenty tonight and tomorrow so my mouth won't be dry when i will request 9 points LOL*

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think the engines are different, Der_Echte's is german ... so he needs 92 , regular people can only handle 88 , otherwise it might start burning the carburetor
Beer is good for getting ready. Chicken and beer is good for after.

I think Der_Echte may like beer and cappuccinos for getting ready.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I pump 87 in the official Audi. At gate waiting for connection flight after a 5 hr red eye flight.

I have more tt gear in my carry on than clothes.

Carl... Bring a small jar of rubber cement. I have the last kjh in our inventory and plenty of Karis... But no glue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just getting started:

ae0c0236064800a0f0ea38198ecbeee0.jpg

And PingPongHolic and SmashFan are in the house:

653f6aaf3b1b47ca0a75c6cafe820520.jpg

5bd54a07168755a9e0743195dace4355.jpg

8d78cd5eedf40d7c752929721b7ea158.jpg