why europe sucks so bad?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
the clubs stop now and they don't come back until mid september.
and when they do train, they don't really train.
they drink beer, they sit down and chat.....
it's like people have so little motivation.
opinions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
It's because Germany lost the war... Europe wouldn't have been so soft and spoilt otherwise lel.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
We play summer league here locally but no training whatsoever at all levels to my knowledge. Only a handful of players and some juniors train or practice. Most of time, they can only be found when the league games is on. Its not easy to find a training partner, at least for me. Not many players are interested in practice but they sure care if win/loss.

This user has no status.
Its not easy to find a training partner, at least for me. Not many players are interested in practice but they sure care if win/loss.
Exactly, it's the same here (Italy).
Often table tennis is not even considered as a sport, so it's hard to find dedicated structure or sportive associations..It means less or very poor training, so bad perfomances. It's a bit sad, but it's how things goes here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Yes. It does seem that many league players only play matches, perhaps meeting for the first time a week before the season opener to get their hand/eye in. My new team, due to play for the first time this year in the lowest division, practices a lot, our coach has given most of us lessons, and one of our players is a coach (Level 1) himself. Our aim is to use the first season to see what the others are up to, and then beat them by science. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
actually most players stop training around april when the league finishes (league is from september to april).
the ones that stay are the higher level ones or the ones that have nothing else to do.

one thing they seem to love doing is grabbing someone who is a rookie and just giving instructions and showing them what to do.
it's like the rookie will be there in the table and they will all just start looking at him and saying things.

I'm not used to this and I don't enjoy it.
I prefer to just mind my business, play as much as I can and go home.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
opinions?

Ι can teach you some serious TT if u like

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Actually i find it quite hard to take Sebas' posts serious, but on this one he actually really has a point, if you're stuck at the wrong club.

When i was young and just started playing i really hated this part of the season. It's a bit like he wrote, when you're in a club without serious players and youth & cadet's teams then many club members are on vacation and things.

But at a club with serious players and coaches this is the part of the season when to work the hardest to prepare for the next season.

So Sebas maybe go find a club with serious players and coach and stuff.
I also understand that getting unwanted “coaching“ can get quite annoying too, but also to this there is an answer.
My method of making people be quiet, is to beat them.
Simple as that!
Most will stop their “coaching“ as soon as they start loosing.
And i tell the few who still keep talking that as soon as they win again they can coach me again.
;)
Most people don't have bad intentions and don't want to make you feel bad, but some like just playing the wise guys.

In the end it's all just teasing with friends and pulling each other's leg...

says what [IMG]
When knowitalls (like me) offer advice to unsuspecting players (who may be far better than I am but are unlikely to be) about how they should play to get better results.
"Haha, got you sucka, now you've improved and there's nothing about can do about it!"

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Actually i find it quite hard to take Sebas' posts serious, but on this one he actually really has a point, if you're stuck at the wrong club.

When i was young and just started playing i really hated this part of the season. It's a bit like he wrote, when you're in a club without serious players and youth & cadet's teams then many club members are on vacation and things.

But at a club with serious players and coaches this is the part of the season when to work the hardest to prepare for the next season.

So Sebas maybe go find a club with serious players and coach and stuff.
I also understand that getting unwanted “coaching“ can get quite annoying too, but also to this there is an answer.
My method of making people be quiet, is to beat them.
Simple as that!
Most will stop their “coaching“ as soon as they start loosing.
And i tell the few who still keep talking that as soon as they win again they can coach me again.
;)
Most people don't have bad intentions and don't want to make you feel bad, but some like just playing the wise guys.

In the end it's all just teasing with friends and pulling each other's leg...

they don't give ME unwanted coaching.
they give it to the young kids who are starting.
I'm actually considered pretty high level in the club.
Played in their second team of I think a total of 7 teams.

What I meant is, they really seem to put effort into repeating instructions to these newbies.
But when it comes to playing me or anybody else, they'll play 1 match and then go rest.

Couple years ago, another club, another country, there was a guy who was my level.
When we could get a hold of each other we would start playing a match.
And we would not end until the training was over and they would kick us out.
We would always be the last to leave.
Sometimes we would play 15 sets in a row or more.

This is what I don't see here.
That desire to just play.
They play 1 match and stop.
Then grab somebody else.
1 match stop.
Then rest, wander around, drink beer, the coach does abs often in the middle of the class....
And these are pretty high level players, all play in the 1st team.
But they are older, maybe after 35 or 40 you just give in to the path.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
amateur tt vs pro tt
you wanting amateurs to act like pros?

some people take tt (just like they take any other sport) as social
then so be it

One thing I learnt over my limited time as a coach is, don't try and force your views/logic/way of thinking to others, especially for sports - its a hobby, not a career.
We are all amateur and there is so many more things in life other than just training hard in tt and winning matches.

If you are earning a living for TT, then that is a different story

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
opinions?

ur the biggest exception of the evolution theory. i can still teach you tt