Any tips for me? Using H3 Neo vs Tenergy (before)

This user has no status.
I think you should stick to the H3N. It's forcing you to play your forehand actively, and you definitely don't appearto be having any trouble with that. (I notice you take your BH a little more passively from time to time - it's almost that you straighten up when playing your BH, but you stay low when playing your FH).

I think more practice and play and you will be definitely able to refine your FH. It looks like you are having fun playing with the H3N, getting to cut loose every now and then. Not everyone is meant to play with an H3N, but if you are one of the few people who can, why wouldn't you?

This user has no status.

Here's two new vids of me playing with H3 Neo, any analysis/tips would he appreciated!

The first guy is really good (top 30 in UK for U21) but he hates my style, and second guy is one of my good friends, similar level!

May I ask your opinion regarding the two rubbers? What do you like/dislike about these two choices for your FH. What do you think after playing with the two about their strengths/weaknesses in relation to your style? Are you more inclining towards one over another?

This user has no status.
Okay, thanks for all the replies guys!
cache.php

learn to consistently loop in the backhand instead of pushing a push back. also, try learning to loop half long underspin serves above the table. with the h3 neo, it is much easier to execute.

Reactions: TheKevinFang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Your level is probably better than most of the people who have commented here , including myself. Can't peg your level exactly considering the first guy was visibly pissed off and trying to find excuses and you have admitted that you play often with the second guy , hence there are barely any mistakes in the 2nd or 3rd touch as you are used to each other.

These are my two cents and take them with a bunch of salt . The kind of setup you use as in serves, you will frequently get deep pushes to your body or to your backhand , so if I were you , I would practice a ton of backhands in practice , especially when the side-spin is taking the ball away from you and you are more comfortable pushing than spinning up , I would work on that backhand opening loop and then the next ball , like hundreds of times.

I could see a few remnants of the tenergy loop on your forehand , like places in the video where you missed because you did not grab the ball as much , but they were few and far between. Your counters were really good , expected with the plastic ball + Hurricane combo , however on some balls I would focus on grabbing it a little more than tenergy ...

Good luck , you seem like a really good player, don't lose your patience , work hard and you will only get better and better ...

oh and BTW, I would not switch back , just get a regular Hurricane and figure out the boosting part of it, it will be economic and after a few tries you will be able to tune to exactly the level you want it to ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilia Minkin