Back to Forum
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 73
    N
    Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 73 27
    #1

    Technique for playing with Hurricane 3?

    Hi, I have started playing with hurricane 3 BS on FH and wondering how I should play with it, technique. When loop killing a under spin ball, should you hit upwards and only let the ball go into the topsheet and lift the ball so it will go low over the net or try and hit it kind of straight with a open bat angle and try getting the ball into the hard sponge so to will go low, fast and straight. The same with counter looping, how should you hit the ball and where. Do you need to try and hit the ball to sink into the sponge or try and only keep the ball in the topsheet with lots of spin. You need the right technique for every shot I have noticed that and if you don't get it right it feels like the rubber is super fast and goes high over the net and way of. And the throw angle always changes I feel, hitting hard it goes very low and mostly in the net, hiting upward but with only the topsheet it feels as it just goes 10m over the net and out, rely weird I feel:/ will boosting make more consistent shots? More feeling, speed and spin and still won't make me miss more because of the speed increase. Should I order Falco long booster from TT11 and wait about a week for it or order Seamoon booster from Prott and wait about a month? THANK YOU

  2. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 833 1,299
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,299 833
    #2
    Which version of BS do you use?
    The one with white package needs about 3 layers of oil to soften the sponge.

    The Neo BS version needs less layers.

    Passionate about TT

    The Following 2 Users Like SFF_lib's Post:

    Nicky Franck and Suga D


  3. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,801 5,890
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,890 2,801
    #3
    When you are looping underspin above the table it should have a closed angle ang timing should be on the rise. Contact should be through the sponge with more emphasis on power and speed than spin. If you take the ball once it begins to go down after the bounce, then bat should have a more open angle like 50-60 degrees with more on brushing.

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

    Nicky Franck


  4. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 833 1,299
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,299 833
    #4
    What rubber did you play on your FH before hurricane?

    Passionate about TT

    The Following User Likes SFF_lib's Post:

    Nicky Franck


  5. Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 73
    N
    Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 73 27
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib
    Which version of BS do you use?
    The one with white package needs about 3 layers of oil to soften the sponge.

    The Neo BS version needs less layers.

    Passionate about TT
    White package


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 73
    N
    Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 73 27
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    When you are looping underspin above the table it should have a closed angle ang timing should be on the rise. Contact should be through the sponge with more emphasis on power and speed than spin. If you take the ball once it begins to go down after the bounce, then bat should have a more open angle like 50-60 degrees with more on brushing.
    Okey thank you


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 73
    N
    Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 73 27
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib
    What rubber did you play on your FH before hurricane?

    Passionate about TT
    MX-P


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 833 1,299
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,299 833
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Franck
    MX-P


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When you loop, make sure you perform less hitting but more spinning. Hurricane relies on spin a lot. The good news is if you are a bit late and the ball is low, hurricane does a great job at lifting the ball.

    Passionate about TT

    The Following 2 Users Like SFF_lib's Post:

    Nicky Franck and Suga D


  9. Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 73
    N
    Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 73 27
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib
    When you loop, make sure you perform less hitting but more spinning. Hurricane relies on spin a lot. The good news is if you are a bit late and the ball is low, hurricane does a great job at lifting the ball.

    Passionate about TT
    Oh ok thank you


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 833 1,299
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,299 833
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Franck
    White package


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am using exactly the same one. You need some layers of oil. The sponge without oil is quite dead and you might hit the net a lot.

    Passionate about TT

    The Following User Likes SFF_lib's Post:

    Nicky Franck


  11. Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 73
    N
    Nicky Franck is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 73 27
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib
    I am using exactly the same one. You need some layers of oil. The sponge without oil is quite dead and you might hit the net a lot.

    Passionate about TT
    What would you recommend me to do, order Falco Lomg booster from TT11 and wait a week for it, or get Haifu seamoon booster from Prott and wait about a month?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.