Building The Hammer

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is how the goon squad assembles a weapon for bludgeoning foes.

342d23ceb38c02c1c2ad46d352d8653f.jpg

db45bf5f797d4dab1e02b0afdaeba5f8.jpg

2e8a61b8cd7f5ddf8f0820435ff7c610.jpg

85b1e3ace92b6a8aa7a3f9ac9251cf4e.jpg

921c7dc87ba151b55e577cc19e3af309.jpg

2c31f34c25be78499b257860359ff3b7.jpg

66cf5a780a878255273800a5ab5b6b48.jpg

400aaa5106ca0d9b5feae1347a0d872b.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
THE HAMMER sounds like something Der_Echte would make.

Think about it. What blade is that? What rubbers? It is something Der_Echte would make. And if I said The Hammer in Germain, it would be Der_Hammer. :)

Kim Jung Hoon + Nexy Karis x2. :)

Reactions: ttmonster
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I ran out of KJH blades, Carl has the last one. Maybe I can get a few more on next order, but everyone keeps buying the KJH once I get a few... Someone bought FOUR of that bade knowing it was out of production... I had to buy one of those back... then someone in LA got that one.

For real, if production run number two was the last production run, I will seriously need to talk Prez Moon into continuing the production badging it as the TTD special if Dan is OK with that...

Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If the blade sells like water in a desert, why don't they keep making and selling it? No profit return or what?

It could have to do with the fact that Nexy makes it but it is sold under the Tibhar brand and they may be done with their contract with Kim Jung Hoon or there could be any number of other reasons.

Der_, is it Nexy who is pulling the plug on production or Tibhar?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
the price is 120 USD????
not even the latest butterfly hadraw sr costs that....
I mean comparing 7 ply blades

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
About 2 yrs after they made the KJH blade, KJH finished his contract with Tibhar and the TT Bundesliga, then he opened up his own club south of Seoul and got sponsored by Andro.

There were two production runs completed. There are obvious reasons why making a third production run may not work.

Still, I might be able to talk to the Nexy Korea brand owner and get him to get with Dan and make the same or similar design a new blade with a TTD badge or something like that.

This too good a blade to disappear away.

As for the question of is it worth $120 USD... Think, did legions of forum members say the Nittaku Violin, a classic wood blade, wasn't worth it? It retails for $160 USD and I think much more years ago when it came out. The ones I know who bought that blade either still use it or preserved it in the Hall of Fame case. The Lissom I use in between main blades also has a white ash outer and plays with great feel and top end with the right rubber (Karis M+) and costs only $100 USD retail. That sounds like a lot of money to a basic player, but for what it does, it is a double bargain.

So, the value of the price is a subjective thing. Sure, you will also see me pimp $16 blades that are not Nexy, like the Galaxy 896, that are great value for the money. That is the blade in the "Der_Echte Special" (check the threads where I took off the handles and filled it with glue and nails !!!) for players in between main blades or looking for a serviceable bargain priced setup.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
People could accuse me of not promoting our outfit as much as I should as a businessman. One could accuse me of not being serious about my business, especially when people see me in the TT forums praising Colestt.com (the one who sells Galaxy 896 and XP 2008 rubbers in USA) more often than pimping up my own business. Cole is a solid citizen and proud American who supported me and many Soldiers for YEARS while I was out of America in the military. He also did a lot of other stuff that impacted the sport that people know or don't know. Now that I am also in the TT sales business, should I try to fight against Cole? NO. That is against my ethos, beliefs, and ethics. Actually, telling the good things about him is, down the line, good for me too. Karma will hit you in the face one day.

I really don't care if I COULD take a huge chunk of the US table tennis market right away, it still isn't gunna get me independently wealthy. I would rather be a cheerleader for everyone, have a solid line of brands, stay in business and be in a position to do stuff in growing TT that no others tired to do before. (like getting kids in a position to lead TT programs in school.) Just the kid being a champion at a few levels and growing, while wearing a pro looking jersey is enough to give the school officials a more positive opinion of the kid's ability to lead. The kids will get the job done if we help them out even a little.

Fighting for a piece of a small pie is worthless, but slowly working to enlarge that pie, while making the existing outfits fatter, helps my position too. Cole started his outfit just to help people, not get rich, he is a School Teacher, not a fat rich cat, he has prolly helped tens of thousands by now.

Those are the kind of attitudes I often get ridiculed for on forums, but I really don't care, anyone is free to invest a small or large sum of money and try to make an impact in the sport or business.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. Nexy blades are not the lowest of the low in terms of prices like the 896 blade. They are not the low middle like Stiga's Allround Classic or Offensive Classic.

The are a bit fancier and towards the mid-high end. But not the high end like the $400.00 price tag on some of the Butterfly blades.

And the design of the KJH with the heat treated core for added feeling and the thin plies so that, even though it is 7 ply it is not 7mm like a Clipper. I think it is 6mm. So more flex than a lot of 7 ply blades.

Reactions: Jirrex
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are other details like how smooth the handle feels in your hand and how the file they wings so the edges of the wings are beveled so it immediately feels comfortable in your hand.

This is the first blade in years where decided I did not need to do any filing to bevel the wings for myself. Nexy did an excellent job on that detail.

Last edited:
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I do not now man .... 82 grams where the top ply is made from two pieces, with burning process for the core..... this makes the blade very fragile ... I`m not sure if this is the right choice for hammer. More like shatter then hammer ;-)
Even if it plays good .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I don't see why top/high(er) end blade makers would deliberately use pieces for top ply other than cost savings.

I got a used Nexy which I didn't know has the top from two pieces until I received it. Although it might not make any difference in playability, my interest got dampened and haven't use the blade since I received it. Also one of the big reason why I still haven't bought the KJH despite the stellar reviews.

In its defend, Nexy is not the only one doing this. And it might not be Nexy, but Tibhar's fault. The Nexy blade in question earlier is also another Nexy-Tibhar product.

Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I do not now man .... 82 grams where the top ply is made from two pieces, with burning process for the core..... this makes the blade very fragile ... I`m not sure if this is the right choice for hammer. More like shatter then hammer ;-)
Even if it plays good .

My blade is not 82 grams and my blade does not have the top ply made of two pieces on either side. So, I guess you are talking about a different blade. And the only racket I named The Hammer is the one I just built.

I have to be honest though, I usually don't name my blades until I have played with them for a few weeks. So that may not be the name of the blade when I have played it for a while. But it was fun for this thread. And at 89 grams, to me, it is a little light, but not too light. If it was 93-95 grams, I might be a little happier. But, the blade feels nice in my hand. And when I hit with it, we will see how I feel about the setup.

It is definitely capable of rambo loops though. I have seen Der_Echte do that with the same setup. :)