Best setup for Yasaka Sweden Extra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hello TTD, I am wondering about which rubbers could combine with this blade, I mean Yasaka Sweden Extra, I've got the Carl's advice and tried with a Mark V, the issue is the rubber become dead with the plastic ball, I have to clarify that I've used before a donic waldner senso carbon with mx-p and rakza 7 and a butterfly Petr Korbel with xiom vega euro df, so the YSE is too slow, I mean paired with mark v at fh and bh, I'm going to try the mx-p for fh because it suits me well with the dwsc, but I'll pay attention to your advices, I was thinking about el-p for bh, or an fx-p, don't know, do you have a better choice maybe?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Part of the purpose of the blade is something slower so you have more control and don't miss so much. Part of the reason for slower is so you learn how to use your body in your shots. Part of the reason for you to have a slower blade is so you learn to spin the ball more.

You have been used to racket setups that were too fast for you for a while. Most people going from a faster racket to something slower, at first feel it is too slow.

Part of the idea is that that is going to help you improve. Stick with the setup for 2 months and see if you calibrate your strokes to the All+ setup.

I've seen guys who are decently high level use that blade and produce fast powerful shots because their technique was good.

If you use it for a while you will improve.

Mark V really should be fine. But you could get any number of rubbers. Stuff like MXP would NOT be good for you though.

Your tendency consistently is to get equipment that is too fast for you. Let yourself get used to what you have and learn to use it.

An addiction to speed, to a fast setup, is not what you need.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
+ 1 , completely agree with Carl on this. I have played guys who can loop really powerful with Mark V , its the technique that matters not the rubber. For most of us, we are addicted to speed and faster setups , more than what is really good for us. You can't call a setup "dead" unless you give it at least 2-3 months. And really, Mark V is a really solid classic rubber... there is nothing wrong with the setup ...
Part of the purpose of the blade is something slower so you have more control and don't miss so much. Part of the reason for slower is so you learn how to use your body in your shots. Part of the reason for you to have a slower blade is so you learn to spin the ball more.

You have been used to racket setups that were too fast for you for a while. Most people going from a faster racket to something slower, at first feel it is too slow.

Part of the idea is that that is going to help you improve. Stick with the setup for 2 months and see if you calibrate your strokes to the All+ setup.

I've seen guys who are decently high level use that blade and produce fast powerful shots because their technique was good.

If you use it for a while you will improve.

Mark V really should be fine. But you could get any number of rubbers. Stuff like MXP would NOT be good for you though.

Your tendency consistently is to get equipment that is too fast for you. Let yourself get used to what you have and learn to use it.

An addiction to speed, to a fast setup, is not what you need.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Part of the purpose of the blade is something slower so you have more control and don't miss so much.

You're totally right, and I'm agree about that, but those rubbers I feel it's harder to get a spinnier serve with plastic ball than mx-p.

+ 1 , completely agree with Carl on this. I have played guys who can loop really powerful with Mark V , its the technique that matters not the rubber. For most of us, we are addicted to speed and faster setups , more than what is really good for us. You can't call a setup "dead" unless you give it at least 2-3 months. And really, Mark V is a really solid classic rubber... there is nothing wrong with the setup ...

I'm agreed that I need better performance and technique, by the way there any difference between mark v and mark v hps, I'm not complaining about control, because it's awesome! So there are much difference between those rubbers? By the way it was a borrowed bat, and the other question is... Which mm is better, max or 2.0? I don't want to fall in the ocean of EJ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Haven't used a Mark V HPS , but from what I remember when I read about it , its supposed to be softer.

To get a good advise for the rest of the stuff , I would say post some videos of you playing/drilling . There is a lot of opinion on 2.0 vs Max. For Mark V , I will not hesitate to go for Max. unless you are going to play in tournaments and planning to boost the rubbers , then Max will expand beyond the acceptable thickness ...

You're totally right, and I'm agree about that, but those rubbers I feel it's harder to get a spinnier serve with plastic ball than mx-p.

I'm agreed that I need better performance and technique, by the way there any difference between mark v and mark v hps, I'm not complaining about control, because it's awesome! So there are much difference between those rubbers? By the way it was a borrowed bat, and the other question is... Which mm is better, max or 2.0? I don't want to fall in the ocean of EJ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Haven't used a Mark V HPS , but from what I remember when I read about it , its supposed to be softer.

To get a good advise for the rest of the stuff , I would say post some videos of you playing/drilling . There is a lot of opinion on 2.0 vs Max. For Mark V , I will not hesitate to go for Max. unless you are going to play in tournaments and planning to boost the rubbers , then Max will expand beyond the acceptable thickness ...
Right now I'm in exams finishing the semester, so I don't have much time to play/drill, I hope to rest at least a week and start the 2nd semester.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The reason you are out of money has to do with trying to fix an issue that has to do with technique by changing equipment.

You finally have the right setup. DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Stick with it.

What you have is fine and doesn't need to be changed. Mark V works better with the Poly ball than most rubbers. It is almost as if they made it for the Poly ball.

Use it. Don't change back and forth. Don't use anything else. Your new setup is very different from what you have been using. You need time to feel how to use it. If you change back and forth over and over you WON'T give yourself a chance to get used to it.

I originally did say to get MAX. But I also said 2.0 would be fine. JUST USE what you have and don't change.

Two months from now you will understand why even if you don't now.

The serving has nothing to do with the equipment. Your technique will improve. You just need to get used to the touch with the new equipment.

THIS will help you improve faster. For now you are going to have to let go of your ego.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
NextLevel, can you post footage of you playing with a Yasaka Sweden Extra for how powerful and spinny your loops were with that blade?

Dominus seems to have forgotten you did this in his other EJ virus thread: 12+ pages on what blade and rubbers he should get. lol.

This thread is only on 2 so far. [emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
The reason you are out of money has to do with trying to fix an issue that has to do with technique by changing equipment.

You finally have the right setup. DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Stick with it.

What you have is fine and doesn't need to be changed. Mark V works better with the Poly ball than most rubbers. It is almost as if they made it for the Poly ball.

Use it. Don't change back and forth. Don't use anything else. Your new setup is very different from what you have been using. You need time to feel how to use it. If you change back and forth over and over you WON'T give yourself a chance to get used to it.

I originally did say to get MAX. But I also said 2.0 would be fine. JUST USE what you have and don't change.

Two months from now you will understand why even if you don't now.

The serving has nothing to do with the equipment. Your technique will improve. You just need to get used to the touch with the new equipment.

THIS will help you improve faster. For now you are going to have to let go of your ego.

I'm out of money because my wife is pregnant, and I'm paying my studies, I have a child 2 yo, so need to buy diapers, milk, clothes and a lot of stuffs, I've written this before but don't know why couldn't posted here. Anyway that setup is not mine, it was borrowed, I don't have it, but I tried from a buddy.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm out of money because my wife is pregnant, and I'm paying my studies, I have a child 2 yo, so need to buy diapers, milk, clothes and a lot of stuffs, I've written this before but don't know why couldn't posted here. Anyway that setup is not mine, it was borrowed, I don't have it, but I tried from a buddy.

Okay. I have had similar expenses. I remember when my daughter was young and finances were tight. Last year finances were extremely tight for me with all the medical bills for my wife. And I understand that TT equipment can be expensive.

If it is your friend's setup, the rubber may be old. But it is a good setup for you.

Mark V would be fine. You could get Max. Max will be fine.

But you could get something like Vega Europe for both sides.

If you really don't have money for more equipment keep using the Korbel and understand it will make developing your technique a little harder. Because you don't have full control when you play with it because your Korbel setup is a little too fast for your level.

FYI: if any of you didn't know, dominus has posted some footage of him being coached and some footage of him playing matches with some fiends while using his Korbel and his carbon blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Mark V sux. Lots of forum experts recommend that stuff but none of them use it thenselves.

It was a bad idea to change your blade and rubbers at the same time. Try the same rubbers you used on your old blade, so you can evaluate the YSE. Then if it is still too fast, change the rubbers later. But skip Mark V. That's luke you asked what car you should buy and someone said a 1980 Chevette would get you from point A to B fine. It's true, but stupid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Mark V sux. Lots of forum experts recommend that stuff but none of them use it thenselves.

It was a bad idea to change your blade and rubbers at the same time. Try the same rubbers you used on your old blade, so you can evaluate the YSE. Then if it is still too fast, change the rubbers later. But skip Mark V. That's luke you asked what car you should buy and someone said a 1980 Chevette would get you from point A to B fine. It's true, but stupid.
Explain more please

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Have you watched footage of dominus play?

Truthfully, I have seen guys 2100+ playing with Mark V play pretty amazingly. I know I don't love it. But I can use it fine. And it actually works quite well with the Poly balls. But dominus has so many balls fly into the net or long because he can't control the rubbers and blade he is using.

If you were talking to someone intermediate level, you gave good info. But when dominus hits the ball, he has very little clue where it will go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster