Matches where you can hear coaching

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
First thread for me here so thanks for reading!

As the subject indicates, I'm looking for matches where you can hear coaching between games or time outs.

The only one that really sticks out in my mind is He Zhiwen v Ryu Seung Min 2008

and maybe the infamous Ding Ning vs Hirano match at the Asian champs.

While their tactical value varies, it's still interesting to hear what coaches have to say in certain scenarios. If anyone has other videos to share it would be greatly appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
and in all fairness, that is why you have a commentator
commentators needs to be experts on the game and to talk strategy and comment on what the players are doing, or need to do.
Not just to say what we see (beautiful top spin rallies of the century blah blah blah)

This is where I find former pros or coaches are good in commentating job - they talk strategies

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Good for the fans, bad for the players
Some chinese coaches/commentators disagree for strategies to be broadcast live

and in all fairness, that is why you have a commentator
commentators needs to be experts on the game and to talk strategy and comment on what the players are doing, or need to do.
Not just to say what we see (beautiful top spin rallies of the century blah blah blah)

This is where I find former pros or coaches are good in commentating job - they talk strategies

Very good points Tony, I didn't think about it in that way from the players point of view. That would really give away tactics etc so I think you're totally right there!

Agreed I think the combination of a technical commentator and a eccentric commentator works well. Wish we heard more of Richard Prause.