Project "First Chinese Rubber"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
My experience is that h3 neo blue sponge has a low throw angle and I like it.

Strange. This is the second time i hear this.
None of my H3Neo rubbers has a low throw angle.
Neither the orange sponge, nor the blue ones. Neither the commercial, nor the provincial and national ones.

Probably depends how you compare, but my BF M3 and M2, my Coppa platinum and all the others have a lower throw angle except my T05s, which is about in the same range.

What has given you your impression? Must be a real super high throw rubber if you say H3neo has a low throw.
EDIT: could also be depending on the blade. My 3ply Hinoki all wood blades have a higher throw angle than my 3ply hinoki plus 2 composite layer blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabugo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
These are all points that I will like! Because of the plastic ball, we will have more time to play a active block on a topspin and so the rubber will force me to play it! I think thats a good thing! Also my serve is suffering because of the P-Ball, even we are playing the Nittaku Premium!
Your post made me just more excited to play :D

Great!
[Emoji2]
Didn't want to spoil your mood but wanted to make sure you don't have wrong expectations.
As i said: hope you'll enjoy. I enjoy every second playing with it and it looks as if i found my ideal combination. Didn't switch to other rubbers since two years now. Have tried a few but none come close.
[Emoji6]

Great!
[Emoji2]
Didn't want to spoil your mood but wanted to make sure you don't have wrong expectations.
As i said: hope you'll enjoy. I enjoy every second playing with it and it looks as if i found my ideal combination. Didn't switch to other rubbers since two years now. Have tried a few but none come close.
[Emoji6]

Not all all! :D Few questions: Do you boost your BS Neo? And where do you buy it? Because I was just lucky on ebay... And do you know the differences of a original and a fake one? I'm a bit scared that I got a fake one.. But the german private seller seems to be trustful and he sold it because he had to many and wanted to change his rubber...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Not all all! :D Few questions: Do you boost your BS Neo? And where do you buy it? Because I was just lucky on ebay... And do you know the differences of a original and a fake one? I'm a bit scared that I got a fake one.. But the german private seller seems to be trustful and he sold it because he had to many and wanted to change his rubber...

Well, it's not easy to tell. Some counterfeits are really good, but you can check the printing on the sponge. Maybe you can post a clear photo of the printing here.
Also there is this little sticker on the topsheet protection sheet.
Give it a scrub and type that serial code on the dhs website

http://www.dhs-sports.com/search.shtml

Here you can find.the detailed instructions.

http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=SerialCode

For booster: i think it's worth spending a few extra bucks on some real booster. The difference is immense.
I've also tried home made stuff, like babyoil, pure paraffine, etc. In fact paraffine didn't work bad.... but the smell! My sports bag was smelling like a gas station. The whole club could smell what i've been doing.
So i stopped that again, but one friend who is a pro and also coaches us every once in a while once brought falco booster which was as good as the paraffine but without the smell. Then the next time he brought some Haifu national black oil which he's got from a chinese team mate who used to be sparring partner for the CNT by imitating JSH style of play.
His stuff was the real deal. Much better feeling in the hand and also more spin and more zip.
Coincidentally i've got mine from a forum member here, but you could also get it from here.
http://www.prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=64

Works great and doesn't contain any voc.
[EDIT]
They say the effect lasts about seven days, but i can't confirm that. I would say it lasts about 3 - 4 weeks at least. But maybe i just used too much booster...
;)

I personally (still) haven't ordered there yet, 'cause i got my rubbers directly from friends who've been to China, but i hear good things about prott. They seem to be quite honest about their products. Some shirts and other garment aren't authentic but rubbers and blades are for real.
Also he seems to be quite responsive, so you could send a mail by asking if what you want to buy is real.

Hope this helps a little.
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabugo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
These are all points that I will like! Because of the plastic ball, we will have more time to play a active block on a topspin and so the rubber will force me to play it! I think thats a good thing! Also my serve is suffering because of the P-Ball, even we are playing the Nittaku Premium!
Your post made me just more excited to play :D
Your rubber is the Neo version, ready to play, no boosting required.

H3 with proper techniques excels in all aspects, far superior than tenergy in my experience. Especially plastic ball gives tacky rubber advantage in spin and short game (plastic ball spins less and bouncier in short game).

However, your stroke must be more active. Once you get used to Hurricane, you won't play any other rubbers [emoji12]

Passionate about TT

Reactions: Jabugo and Suga D
Good news, got a real one, Thanks Suga D for the instruction :D

To the Boosting: Without boosting the rubber will be to hard for me. I've put on one layer of Falco Tempo Booster and let it dry for 24 hours. From a official reseller I heard, that there is near to no difference to Falco Long Booster. Today the rubber felt a little softer and so better for me!
Oh wow, hopefully i will not ne disappointed today :D

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Haha. Great. No worries. You're very welcome.
As SSF_lib and i wrote before you've now got to play a little more actively and should not expect the rubber to do all the work, but if you play matches then watch your short game and the serve receive too.

So much control.

Many people underestimate the importance of the first few balls in a match. Better make sure to not make that same mistake.
Well, setting up and preparing points has become so much easier to me, due to the amazing control. I think the tack is very related to this.
All i can say is that my short game, and actually my results in general have benefitted from my change, but that might just be me.
Anyhow take your time and don't give up after the first few days. Also be aware of unexpected losses at first.
This will change after you've given yourself the chance and the time to adapt to the new rubber.

So good luck with your new rubber. Hope you'll enjoy it.
Please keep us posted how things went!
[Emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I purchased the ML setup almost a year ago and haven't reboosted so the boost is surely gone by now (Haifu Black oil). That is probably the reason for the very low throw angle, less dwell time. Comparing to GoldArc 8, t05, t80, els, mxp, mark v, Rasanter, Battle II.

Strange. This is the second time i hear this.
None of my H3Neo rubbers has a low throw angle.
Neither the orange sponge, nor the blue ones. Neither the commercial, nor the provincial and national ones.

Probably depends how you compare, but my BF M3 and M2, my Coppa platinum and all the others have a lower throw angle except my T05s, which is about in the same range.

What has given you your impression? Must be a real super high throw rubber if you say H3neo has a low throw.
EDIT: could also be depending on the blade. My 3ply Hinoki all wood blades have a higher throw angle than my 3ply hinoki plus 2 composite layer blades.

This user has no status.
Then the next time he brought some Haifu national black oil which he's got from a chinese team mate who used to be sparring partner for the CNT by imitating JSH style of play.
His stuff was the real deal.

Indeed, it's THE booster to get! ;)

Edit:
With all this talk, I boosted my old sheet of H3 National (40deg) with Haifu (not the black oil) to compare with the Dainchi D that I was using for the past month.
Now that I have a good understanding of Dianchi D, I can clearly see H3 boosted is better in every way to the pre boosted Dianchi D.
The level of control and spin with H3 is just unbelievable. Comparing it to T05 on my backside,
H3 boosted is just as powerful, same high throw, but has a much improved short game with superb feel.

Last edited:
Finally I had my first training session with the H3. To say it in one word: WOW :D

Every mentioned point was true! As I started to warm up at the table I thought I have to push more forward to get a good ball without topspin to warm up with. First ball went long. Not expected that! Than next ball just like always, and okay, on the table so I kept going. In my warm up I changed nothing. Pro H3. Than light Topspin. I thought, okay change nothing just try to play. First topspin, over the table. I felt that I didn't hit the ball in the sweetspot and that was the thing. Okay next Topspin were good. After 20-30 light Topspins near and maybe 2 meter off the table I started to play harder topspins. Every single ball, that I played from the sweetspot was a rocket with a nice throw. Again Pro H3 :D
Than I played Topspin against Topspin and there came out everything what the H3 has. High throw, good speed and honestly all that with a high amount of control! Maybe it was to early to say that I love the Rubber but I really enjoyed playing.
After 2 or 3 exercises we started to make a Match because we'll have some tournaments next week. My Partner is about one League better than me I really have to have a wonderful day to beat him so I didn't expected so much because of that and my completely new rubber. First set was like expected. Not really a chance, but not really because he was dominating me, I wasn't just hitting the balls on the table :D I was really struggling with my Serve! I changed my serve a bit with a little longer stroke and little more wrist and that was it! in the past sets I was really satisfied with my serve! I had more spin and a good lengthcontrol with the rubber. But I have to put some more time in the next trainingsession in my serve.
Next thing what was really great is the first topspin on backspin. It felt so easy to get the ball on the table, no matter how much spin my partner put in the ball! The from you mentioned service receive was great! My return was consistence and controlled.
All this sounds great and it was effectiv! I beat my partner 4:1 and I felt great with my rubber. Now I'm looking forward to the next sessions to get a
What I have to really look after is that I have a good footwork to stand good to the ball and hit the ball in the right place. The rubber has a really little range for a perfect shot but if you don't hit it there you'll get an error. But thats a thing that is good for me and maybe for everyone! To get better I have to move better and thats what the H3 forces me to!
I forgot a thing to mention! Countertpospin near the table: Amazingly easy! :D

After the first session, all in all I'm on love :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Finally I had my first training session with the H3. To say it in one word: WOW :D

Every mentioned point was true! As I started to warm up at the table I thought I have to push more forward to get a good ball without topspin to warm up with. First ball went long. Not expected that! Than next ball just like always, and okay, on the table so I kept going. In my warm up I changed nothing. Pro H3. Than light Topspin. I thought, okay change nothing just try to play. First topspin, over the table. I felt that I didn't hit the ball in the sweetspot and that was the thing. Okay next Topspin were good. After 20-30 light Topspins near and maybe 2 meter off the table I started to play harder topspins. Every single ball, that I played from the sweetspot was a rocket with a nice throw. Again Pro H3 :D
Than I played Topspin against Topspin and there came out everything what the H3 has. High throw, good speed and honestly all that with a high amount of control! Maybe it was to early to say that I love the Rubber but I really enjoyed playing.
After 2 or 3 exercises we started to make a Match because we'll have some tournaments next week. My Partner is about one League better than me I really have to have a wonderful day to beat him so I didn't expected so much because of that and my completely new rubber. First set was like expected. Not really a chance, but not really because he was dominating me, I wasn't just hitting the balls on the table :D I was really struggling with my Serve! I changed my serve a bit with a little longer stroke and little more wrist and that was it! in the past sets I was really satisfied with my serve! I had more spin and a good lengthcontrol with the rubber. But I have to put some more time in the next trainingsession in my serve.
Next thing what was really great is the first topspin on backspin. It felt so easy to get the ball on the table, no matter how much spin my partner put in the ball! The from you mentioned service receive was great! My return was consistence and controlled.
All this sounds great and it was effectiv! I beat my partner 4:1 and I felt great with my rubber. Now I'm looking forward to the next sessions to get a
What I have to really look after is that I have a good footwork to stand good to the ball and hit the ball in the right place. The rubber has a really little range for a perfect shot but if you don't hit it there you'll get an error. But thats a thing that is good for me and maybe for everyone! To get better I have to move better and thats what the H3 forces me to!

Great to hear that. H3 has a lot of advantages in the poly ball era. One of them is service return. Very high control and short.

I put a 37 H3 on my BH. I was very hesitant to try so I doubted my BH. But wow my BH has become so much more powerful. Banana flick becomes easier too. No wonder Ma Long uses H3 on his BH.

Just food for thought. It's fun to try H3 on BH too.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Did you boost the 37 h3?

Great to hear that. H3 has a lot of advantages in the poly ball era. One of them is service return. Very high control and short.

I put a 37 H3 on my BH. I was very hesitant to try so I doubted my BH. But wow my BH has become so much more powerful. Banana flick becomes easier too. No wonder Ma Long uses H3 on his BH.

Just food for thought. It's fun to try H3 on BH too.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Btw only the provincial version has 37 hardness.

Almost correct. I have two red National H3Neo in 37°
IMG_20170403_001825.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Almost correct. I have two red National H3Neo in 37°
View attachment 13865
Good to know. My FH H3 National already costs so much. A provincial for BH is more than enough.

But Ma Long's BH rubber is H3 37 hardness, but with a white sponge. I wonder how it is different.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
ML's bh rubber has orange sponge in 37 hardness. Probably boosted through the roof since he delivers rockets with his bh.

Good to know. My FH H3 National already costs so much. A provincial for BH is more than enough.

But Ma Long's BH rubber is H3 37 hardness, but with a white sponge. I wonder how it is different.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

That's nice. Your point with the footwork is spot on. But as a tt-player i think one can only benefit from this, since good footwork often is totally underrated.
Keep enjoying your new rubber!
:)

Passionate about TT

Where do you have that from that Ma Long is using a white sponge??
Either this is brandnew info or you must have mixed things up, 'cause WLQ is known to be using a red H3 with a white sponge...
DHS Official Microblog said already back in 2016, "Ma Long has equiped his new backhand sponge, No.20 sponge Hurricane 3, thickness 2.1mm and hardness 37 degree, in order to adapt the new ball rules. He is the first national team player who replace the sponge for this reason."

There has been more than one thread about this.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?12077-Ma-Long-Equipment-2016

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9885-New-Ma-Long-backhand-rubber-2015

And even ProTT says something else:

http://www.prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=51

ML's bh rubber has orange sponge in 37 hardness. Probably boosted through the roof since he delivers rockets with his bh.

+1 for the orange sponge, but since the sponge is already so soft (37°) it can't hold too much booster otherwise it would get wayyyy too mushy...

Probably not more than two to three layers of booster and i don't think he needs to reboost at all since he can get a new rubber so easily...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
That's nice. Your point with the footwork is spot on. But as a tt-player i think one can only benefit from this, since good footwork often is totally underrated.
Keep enjoying your new rubber!
:)

Where do you have that from that Ma Long is using a white sponge??
Either this is brandnew info or you must have mixed things up, 'cause WLQ is known to be using a red H3 with a white sponge...
DHS Official Microblog said already back in 2016, "Ma Long has equiped his new backhand sponge, No.20 sponge Hurricane 3, thickness 2.1mm and hardness 37 degree, in order to adapt the new ball rules. He is the first national team player who replace the sponge for this reason."

There has been more than one thread about this.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?12077-Ma-Long-Equipment-2016

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9885-New-Ma-Long-backhand-rubber-2015

And even ProTT says something else:

http://www.prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=51

+1 for the orange sponge, but since the sponge is already so soft (37°) it can't hold too much booster otherwise it would get wayyyy too mushy...

Probably not more than two to three layers of booster and i don't think he needs to reboost at all since he can get a new rubber so easily...
Thanks for the clarification. Apology.

Yes orange sponge 37 degree.

I have uased German rubber for BH for years - Gewo Thunderball, Yasaka R7 soft, Donic F3. When switching to 37 H3 the control is surprisingly high. Not to mention much better spin.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thanks for the clarification. Apology.

Yes orange sponge 37 degree.

I have uased German rubber for BH for years - Gewo Thunderball, Yasaka R7 soft, Donic F3. When switching to 37 H3 the control is surprisingly high. Not to mention much better spin.

Passionate about TT

No worries or need for apologies.
[Emoji2]
I think better control and spin is related to the softer sponge and the tackiness which allows to hold the ball longer on the racket amd hence makes it easier to impart spin.
But this is just an assumption of mine, so rather take this with a grain of salt.
[Emoji6]

Hey guys,

just wanted to update you. I played my H3 Neo now in some sessions and the fever isn't gone yet! I think that I can say that I'm pretty used to the rubber now and maybe it was my hard work in the past few months or it's the new combination with my new rubber. Yesterday we played a little training tournament were I was the weakest player with about 1830 TTR (German Ranking System). My sparring partners have about 1920, 1900 and one player have 2040 TTR. And what can I say. I didn't lost any match! It was my first win ever over a player above 2000 TTR and it felt great. Ok of course he hadn't his best day but normally even than he has to win against me. Such a great feeling that finally hard work pays off!

Now I have another questions regarding to boosting. Do you boost after a while the Rubber again? And how often do you change the rubber?

Thank you in advance!