Project "First Chinese Rubber"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys,

just wanted to update you. I played my H3 Neo now in some sessions and the fever isn't gone yet! I think that I can say that I'm pretty used to the rubber now and maybe it was my hard work in the past few months or it's the new combination with my new rubber. Yesterday we played a little training tournament were I was the weakest player with about 1830 TTR (German Ranking System). My sparring partners have about 1920, 1900 and one player have 2040 TTR. And what can I say. I didn't lost any match! It was my first win ever over a player above 2000 TTR and it felt great. Ok of course he hadn't his best day but normally even than he has to win against me. Such a great feeling that finally hard work pays off!

Now I have another questions regarding to boosting. Do you boost after a while the Rubber again? And how often do you change the rubber?

Thank you in advance!

In China people play like 5 days a week. The Neo boosting will last a month if you play like that.

So if you play 3 days a week you need to boost it in 2 months.

If you play once a week you probably don't need to boost it until 5 months later.

When the Neo power is gone, peel of the rubber carefully.
Put one layer of oil, leave it to dry overnight. I really mean DRY. Be patient.
Put another layer of oil, leave it to dry overnight. The rubber should be doming.
When the rubber returns to its flat shape (might take a few more days), you can put 2 layers of VOC-free glue, leave it to dry and slap it on the blade.

This is just a general guide. The number of oil layers depend on the hardness of the sponge and your techniques. You might need 4 layers for a 41 H3 but 2 layers for A 39 H3.
Two layers of glue is good to lock the oil inside the sponge so the booster effect lasts longer.

PS. The rubber is supposed to dome, NEVER put a protective sheet on the rubber during boosting. The protective sheet will restrict the doming process.

Passionate about TT

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hey again,

I just bought another DHS Hurricane 3. This time I only got the unboosted in the white package. I'm kind of confused. On the rubber is no scratch field to check if it's a real DHS or fake.. Is that normal for the unboosted H3?

That's unusual. Does it look like:

bf3c07a9ac8ba093a903db7d60ca562b.jpg
4428b625648f6081ae06d0ac898a09cb.jpg

Is there no authentication on the rubber sheet? Where did you get it from?
Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Strange. This is the second time i hear this.
None of my H3Neo rubbers has a low throw angle.
Neither the orange sponge, nor the blue ones. Neither the commercial, nor the provincial and national ones.

Probably depends how you compare, but my BF M3 and M2, my Coppa platinum and all the others have a lower throw angle except my T05s, which is about in the same range.

What has given you your impression? Must be a real super high throw rubber if you say H3neo has a low throw.
EDIT: could also be depending on the blade. My 3ply Hinoki all wood blades have a higher throw angle than my 3ply hinoki plus 2 composite layer blades.

Actually , I couldn't classify the H3's throw angle. It can produce both high and low arc, depending on the style, blade and the specific shot. On spinny opening loops it definitely has a high throw.
However an overboosted and worn out H3 will have a very low throw.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
What should be on the Backside/Sponge? I'm at work now and can send pics in the evening :(

Well there should be some kind of stamp on it. Actually there´s an old one and a newer one. I´ll take a pic of mine. But if it has one it still doesn´t have to mean it is authentic. Some stamps are made terribly unprofessional and one can see already from far that it´s a fake.
But if it is not a fake, then it has to be very very old,´cause DHS brought up the verification codes in 2008/2009 already! So in case your rubber is really authentic it has to be older than june 2009, which is a bit unlikely as well....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yesterday I tried my 2nd racket equipped as the Chinese would do (or at least as I understood they would usually do): hard sponge rubber on the FH + elastic/flexible blade. DHS Hurricane 3 (FH rubber) and BTY Timo Boll All+ blade.

According to the tabletennisdb list the blade has low stiffness, so it should flex (tabletennisdb.com/top-blade/stiffness-asc.html)

My first impression was that the whole configuration was really really slow.
At the beginning the ball went often to the net, I needed to adjust my topspin stroke, opening more and pushing a lot more. I found the arch to be quite low too, the spin decent.

But each time I put more strength with my arm, legs and body, everything changed.
Spinnier balls, high speed and a bit high arch. Anyhow, I really needed to use my whole body to get my strokes to be dangerous, so it required a lot of physical effort.

Then I changed racket, using my TB ALC + Coppa X2. Each strokes went safely back to the opponent, with very few power needed.

I will give some other tries to the "chinese" racket, since I believe it could help me to improve my technique.
But I strongly doubt chinese champs/players use such a blade+rubber config..

Her's my rackets
emF8CwN.jpg

This user has no status.
well you bought the normal H3 which was intended to speed glue. try H3 Neo next time maybe :) Even that one plays better with booster but is playable without.
Damn..
I bought also a couple of 729-08, a Palio Wildish Dragon and a Galaxy Mars 2 Hard. Do you think they are
better than the Hurricane?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Damn..
I bought also a couple of 729-08, a Palio Wildish Dragon and a Galaxy Mars 2 Hard. Do you think they are
better than the Hurricane?
Simply put 2-3 layers of oil on your hurricane. It will turn ashes into a dragon. Forget about other rubbers.

The Chinese setup is not for everyone. It can excel any Japanese or Euro setup in all areas provided your body does the work.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Here is the sponge of the rubber:
View attachment 14097
"For national team use" the five Chinese characters are unusual. I have never seen it.

But I heard from Chinese EJs that you can test if the rubber is genuine by boosting it. If the BS is real, it will dome to a circle after 3 layers of booster oil.

If it stays flat, or just slightly dome. Well . . .

Passionate about TT