Xiom blades

This user has no status.
Good morning everyone, I'm changing my material and wanted a new set, so I'm undecided on wood, I wanted a xiom, I've been seeing xiom feel ZX2 and Vega europe, not forgetting the others, but I was wondering if any Of those two suits my style of play.
I use a Burn off with m1 on fore and baracuda on Bh ...
I play close and the average distance of top spin, I am quite offensive of top spin, I want a wood that produces medium arc ..
In principle the rubbers will be an omega v tour and pro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Hello Ricardo. The Xiom feel ZX2 is pretty new so it will take a while until you can read some reviews. A lot of blades fit that playstyle. What do you want to "upgrade" from your Burn off ? What should the new blade offer compared to your current one?

Reactions: Suga D
I want something with carbon, I used a viscaria and I adapted myself well, I want a xiom wood with carbon: s

Okay than you can forget my post :D Unfortunately I have no experiences with Xiom, but maybe you could give Victas a shot. I play for myself a Firefall FC and for me tgis is one of the best Carbon blades!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I haven't tried any Xiom blades but from what I've read if you are considering a Vega Euro, maybe you want to consider Vega Pro too. Vega Pro has limba outer ply wich in teory might give you a little bit softer feel than Vega Euro.
Let's wait for more experience players to give others advices to you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Not really, the euro vega is slower, makes more spin and has a softer touch
Wow really? I'm surprised, was expecting exatcly the opposite judging only about their consctruction since Vega Euro has koto outers and Vega Pro has limba.

I play with Xiom Vega Tour blade /kiso hinoki + zylon xCarbon/, 5.9mm 84gr. It's middle hard and middle flex, with good feel and pretty good dwell time. It's fast and generates different speeds depending on your strokes. Plays perfect from the net to long. Very good senergy with middle to heavy rubbers. It' offensiveq but plays perfect allarround. I've tested with Omega V Tour max, but that setup lacked the very close play and had low bound with straight trajectory from close to middle. So I switched to Omega V Asia 2.00 mm and feel very happy with all strokes at any distance. I think this is the best match. Some players prefer Omega V Asia for FH and Omega V Tour for BHq so you have to analyze your style and decide.

I'm not familiar with Xiom Feel ZX2, but as I see it's kind of a Japanese version ov Vega Tour, also hinoki-zyloncarbon, but thicker and havyer.

Of course they can not be the same, as per specs ZX2 is much thicker and havyer. At least it could be expected to be faster, but I would not speculate for other characteristics.
Anyhow you stated that you play close to the table and would prefer feel and control over speed, so I think Xiom Vega Tour should be a better choice. After all it can be, beside it's feel and control, very fast with appropriate techniques.

Wow really? I'm surprised, was expecting exatcly the opposite judging only about their consctruction since Vega Euro has koto outers and Vega Pro has limba.

No, Ricardo is right. Euro is slower, has a softer touch, regarding the spin it's a matter of many other details.
What is more surprising is that Euro is feeling dead near the net.

Xiom Solo is very good with a koto outerply but feels softer and slower than clipper cc. It is all wood though. If you would like a composite one instead, the Xiom Vega Euro blade like others have been suggesting is very good.

All Xiom rubbers are top quality. Omega family is for advanced amateurs, pros and top pros. But you have to find the apropiate setup for your style. Every blade has a different sinergy with different rubbers and every setup will produce different results.
As per my practice I recomended Vega Tour with best match with Omega V Asia. If you go with Vega Europe then O V Asia will not be a good choice, but Omega V Europe will fit well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
i would start by using your old rubbers before changing the setup all together. so you can figure out if you like the blade. your backhand side will feel and play completely different with the omega tour. forehand side the hardness is somewhat equal but playing characteristics are not the same.