Xiom blades

This user has no status.
I will choose the euro vega as wood for having a softer touch ...The rubbers I can start with mine, but what I wanted to know is if the omegas are as good as evolution, tenergys, blue fire ...The tour I know it is, but I see people saying that the pro and the euro are slow ...
I will choose the euro vega as wood for having a softer touch ...The rubbers I can start with mine, but what I wanted to know is if the omegas are as good as evolution, tenergys, blue fire ...The tour I know it is, but I see people saying that the pro and the euro are slow ...

Last edited:
Vega Tour has a softer touch than Vega Euro and a longer dwell time.
As I said Xiom rubbers are of excellent quality, but no one can tell you which brand and model will fit you best.
Omega rubbers last longer than tenergy keeping properties longer.
When you chhose a blade you have to consider not only stiffnes, speed, flexibility but it's sinergy with rubbers.
Vega Euro will play well with Omega V Euro, somewhat good with Pro and Tour, and will not play with Asiaq which is the hardest and fastest. Vega Tour will play with all Omega rubbers. I don't recomend Omega V Tour - it's a very good rubber, but is designed for top proffesionals /and is rated tour for a reason/ and if you are not a top proffesional you will not be as happy with it as with Asia or Pro. Omega V Tour has a very low arc. If you need a medium arc you have to go with Asia. Pro and Euro have arc lower than T05, but higher than medium. With stiffer blade all these arcs will go lower. With more flexible blade will go higher. Vega Tour is very well ballanced and it's flexibility depends on the kind and the strength of the strokes resulting very appropriate arc. It's more expensive, but it's worth every cent. You will change the rubbers, not the blade.

Reactions: Geoch
Maybe there are hundreds of blades that will fit you style, some 10 of them will not only fit you, but will help you to develop many different techiques because unlike the others they are capable to do this, and only 2 or 3 you will be really hapy with.
Nobody can tell you anything more than that.
All brands you have mentioned have good, very good and excellent blades. You have to choose.
Xiom Vega series are of excellent quality and great capabilities, but are very different each between. Euro is the first of them, Btfly made ZLC after Xiom. Tour is latest and most capable. If you compare it with MJ SZLC you may say wich one you like more, but you can't say which is better.

Last edited:
Yes, in Europe it's about 200-250 euros.
Here in Bulgaria it is 130 euros, but all pieces here are about 90 gr.
In Japan the usual price is 12500 JPY usually about 115 euros, but now the JPY is very week against the euro.
I've bought one for me a year ago, one for my son six months ago and we both are so happy with it, that I bought a spare one for future times last month.

This user has no status.
But even so it would be charged in customs, does the vsport or another website make the same price?
The vsport has the satisfaction policy guaranteed, balances prices all or if there is a cheaper they do the same price, but I do not know if they did with now for being so cheap, after all if I order the equipment all over the Capable of breaking + 200 €

For customs they can mark it as a personal gift with price about 20 euros.
For "satisfaction guaranteed" - I don't know man, I don't trust anybody's guarantees for satiafaction, except The Rolingstones.
I always make my choices upon critical reading and critical thinking, valuated with own expirience.
DSC_0007.jpg

If you are afraid of the low price and don't want to pay the higher either, I can recomend you one of the best and cheepest blades Palio V1, it's on the picture too. It's 7 ply wood + 4 ply carbon. Very good for top spin, perfect for blocks, drives and smashes, can brush well, but is mediocre for serve, lacks the feel and touch, difficult against chopers. But all this is when compared to Vega Tour. Otherwise it plays as well as most 150 euros BTflys and Stigas. On the picture it is with Omega V Tour which is not a good fit. Before that I used on it Omega V Asia with much better results. Now I use it to trainonly Off+ agressive top spin and smashes.

It is flexy, but you will not feel uncomfottable vibrations. Palio V1, Tibhar Powerwood Off, Stiga Clipper, DHS Power G7, all of them great blades, have very sensitive vibrations. Vibrations are ment to help control. Flexiness is ment to help speed with strong hits and to help allaround play. Vibrations and flexiness depend on which part of the surfice of the blade you hit the ball.
On centre you fill no vibration, but flex is working. On the edges you feel great vibration and flexy is more. Vibration was not considered as a bad thing in the past and ALL of the pure wood blades have tons of it. Carbons, ALC, ZLC ,SZLC, bazalt carbon and so on, are ment to deminish the feel of vibrations and to provide more working surface. Old scholl players will allways recomend allwood blades, because they know the advantages of feeling vibrations. Modern players preffer more usable working area with no disturbance of feeling vibrations.
Vega Tour provides all its surface working consistently, with no vibrations, unless you really want to feel them holding the blade softly and hitting the ball way to the edges. All of this depends on the personal style and momentarily needs. I myself most of the time use to avoid vibrations, as I am a very agressive player, but when I meet an unknown strong player with very spiny techniques, I loose my hand to feel better the ball with the help of vibrations. They are telling me what is happening.
So it depends on you what you will preffer.

Reactions: Geoch
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I recommend Xiom offensive S which is high quality and affordable price. It gives a good feeling to control and nice bounce to generate spin too.

Xiom Off Classic S is an allwood blade for beginners. It's of high quality as most of Xiom blades and its cheep.
But all of the allwood blades I've mentioned above play better. It's nothing special and nothing more than affordable.
Ricardo said he wants a carbon blade. If he preffers allwood, I would strongly recommend Xiom Solo 7 which is the best choice between the affordables ALL+ Off-, or any of the Omega series, which are better, but more expensive. But the point is all of them are allwood and with harder outer. The initial question was for softer surface with modern carbon.

For customs regulations and practice you have to ask some of your fellows in Portugal, who have expirience with it.
The Vega Tour pack contains the wood with reusable protective plastic sheets on each side which you can use to protect rubbers after you glue and cut them and a sandpaper block in the inner walls to sand edges if and where needed.
If you need rubbers and bands or anything else, you have to choose and get them as you like.