Xiom blades

You can still buy Vega Tour from here:
http://tennisdiscount.eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=792

You will pay no customs taxes because Bulgaria is in the EU.
But have in mind that they have only havyer pieces left - about 90 gr.
Which is why I ordered from Japan 85 gr.

About your latest question - who knows?

I think it wiil be better for you to try some blades in the club you use to play and then to clarify to youself what you need.

Xiom Vega rubbers family is for beginners. They are softer and lighter, very comfortable to play, but miss speed.
If you choose to go with Vega Pro/Euro blade then you should prefer Omega V Pro/Euro rubbers.
If you choose Vega Pro blade Omega V Asia rubber is also in consideration /but not with Vega Euro blade/. It's fastest and hardest in the family. If you need even more speed, you may go to Omega IV familyq which is faster, but with less control and less spin.
If you fill you are not well advanced, you may choose Vega family rubbers, but with other blades, such as Xiom Solo 7, or Xiom Off classic S, or Xiom Diva.

Reactions: Geoch
This user has no status.
I do not consider myself a beginner, more at the median level, I think, for the time I play in club game reasonably well, and wanted something that helps me to reach new heights, to me what I was told to use was a euro vega With tour and pro, but it seems that it is not advisable, I am completely at naught with respect to what to buy

In my club they only use Timo boll ALC and petr korbel

Well, then try them.
If you feel good with TB ALC+T05, most probably you will be happy with Vega Pro blade + Omega V Pro rubbers.
If you prefer Petr Korbel may be you shoud go to Vega rubbers with the appropriate blades I've mentioned.

what I was told to use was a euro vega With tour and pro, but it seems that it is not advisable, I am completely at naught with respect to what to buy

Vega Euro is very well ballanced and will be good with Omega V Pro.
You may use Omega V Tour on it as a BH rubber, if your BH is mostly blocks and flips. But you will find it difficult to cut and to return cuts. BH serves will be mediocre too. Middle distance smashes and drives will be ok. It has very low and straight trajectory. Precize close distance touches will be very unpredictable unless you have pro and above pro expertise. I have two different set ups with this rubber and I can't say I can use it as it should be, but I've seen how pro players play with it and its amazing. So you can try, though I don't recomend. I myself wanted to try it neglecting similar reactions too.

Well then I will buy a pro for fh and a tour pro bh now the question is, vega euro or vega pro? XD

If you think you'll go to longer distance and will develope more agressive style, you should prefer Vega Pro blade.
If you think you will keep allarround in mind you should prefer Vega Euro. At mid distance they will have same speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hi Ricardo, I am currently playing with Vega PRO, before I play with Viscaria and also Vega Euro. If you pick a light version of Vega PRO (82-85g) this will be a little bit slower than Viscaria. Viscaria is off and vega Pro Off- but it have great feeling, better short play and better control. Touch play is a dream with this blade :) It has a same throw and arc as Viscaria but a little bit less power. For me Vega Pro is a great repleacement for Viscaria, if you are looking for a little less speed, but better control / feeling / short play. Vega Euro is also great blade close to the table, maybe better then Vega PRO , but It lack power in middle distance and away from the table. Realy you have to play one max two step from the table... I prefer to play with Vega Pro, its great in short game and you are still able to play offensive game away from the table. Be carefull, Xiom Vega blades can have a realy big range in weigth from 81 to 95 grams. Mine was 84 grams if you pick one over 90g it can be more powerfull than Viscaria, but hevier...

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoch and langel
Yes, Tpackk, what you say is exactly what I feel too.
For me the defferences between Euro and Pro at close to mid+ are greater. Pro is much better at longer distance, Euro is much better at close.
And I would say again - Vega Tour combines the best of Euro and Pro from close to mid+ distance.

says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
Apr 2017
Hello i`m interested in Omega blades series. Just wonder how they are compared to Clipper CR and Avalox P700.
I`m playing with the latter in 92 grams it`s ok i feel it as my dream blade, i also own a Cliper CR that is 95 grams and found it a bit fast for my taste.

Last edited: