The Psychology of an Internet Troll

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
If we start digging old threads, I'm gonna have to be accountable for what I write. Uh-huh. I hereby retract my interrogative statement about Carl and Trump. Carl is unlikely to be wearing a wig, and in retrospect, is a fairly laid back moderator (with at most a slight obsession over trolls).

If it were me, berndtkhgsgmann would be preemptively banned. The ban would extend until the powers that be receive from him a public letter of apology, in his best prose or even in poem form. The letter would express his regret at claiming the superiority of hardbat over normal table tennis, played by normal people with two arms, two legs, two brain hemispheres and two sponges on their bat. It would actually express his regret for talking about hardbat at all, for attempting to maintain the old ways of hardbat in this modern era of ours, and acknowledge the dark influence of hardbat on the development of proper table tennis in the United States up to this day.

We would get to see the spark die in his eyes and that would be very enjoyable.

Herewith my paean of apology
For ridiculing legitimate psychology.
I acknowledge that Internet trolls
Do harm to well-meaning decent folk
With sensitive souls.

And how insensitive of me
To claim superiority
Of classic play in days of yore
Attack, defense still held the day
But no one now still plays that way.

It has to be--yes it must be
A deep Dark Tetrad tendency
On the part of accursed old me
To sing of such as Richard B.
The Lion-Heart, the Needle,
Let's not forget Dixie.
Thus endeth my apology.

Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Please, no more.

Your entire discussion just shows how you're trolls yourself. It's all meant to empower you to point at someone and call them troll, when you SHOULD be staying on TOPIC.
There are people on this forum with a very strong tendency towards this, I think it's abhorrent, and just.. enough.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I find it interesting that one of the things that makes many internet trolls go away is the removal of anonymity.

Internet anonymity is useful in some circumstances. But some people use the anonymity to say things they would never say if they were in person.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I think you're spot on, Carl. It's "some" people, but it's "most" trolls who do that as well. Trolls are just anonymously venting frustration they would never show in real life because they don't know how to deal with those kinds of emotions, but anonymity allows them to do it without consequence.