tenergy 80 alternative

I've proposed Omega V Tour not as close to Tenergy, but as close to T80.
Omega V Tour has similar behaviour regarding relative speed depanding on trajectory.
Omega V Tour has a straight trajectory with much lower arc than T05, little bit lower than T80, but higher than T64.
Thus the speed of O V Tour seems to be higher than T05 for the shorter horizontal time of landing of the ball on the table.
O V Tour has more spin than T80, more control, but the precise work with it is tricky close and very close distance. That's the reason I quit with it - it's rated Tour in sence of expertise, but I'm not even Pro.
Otherwise it's perfect for middle distance top spin, blocks, smashes, amazingly outstanding spin with /when/ well done brushes, but I found it very difficult to turn back well cut-fast-and-low balls. It was very frustrating to me to find that the best way to return such shots is to attack it with an usual agresive top spin swing, but if you use it as a T05 the ball will die close to you. O V Tour is very unsesitive to incoming spin like T80, or even more.
But beside that it's not my favourite rubber just because I'm still not on a level to use it well.
I still prefer Xiom Omega V Asia and I find it closer to T05.

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Genesis is more to Chinese style then butterfly

Hi Bobpuls, you're totally right Genesis is a more Chinese style rubber but I was using tenergy before and now use the Genesis M which I find great, but I have also reviewed Xiom rubbers which I think are very good and high quality which could be a great option too. :)

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Genesis is more to Chinese style then butterfly

Hi Bobpuls, you're totally right Genesis is a more Chinese style rubber but I was using tenergy before and now use the Genesis M which I find great, but I have also tried the Xiom vega and sigma rubbers which I think are very good and high quality which could be a great option too. :)

Reactions: jedimasterplk
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Hi Bobpuls, you're totally right Genesis is a more Chinese style rubber but I was using tenergy before and now use the Genesis M which I find great, but I have also tried the Xiom vega and sigma rubbers which I think are very good and high quality which could be a great option too. :)
Yes Genesis M is the best ... i have also played multiple rubbers to find replacement for DHS Skyline 2 National and Genesis is the best for good price . The top sheet allow me to grab balls always 100% on what so ever speed ...exactly according my wishes ..i`m fully satisfied .

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
This user has no status.
Tibhar EL-P feels harder with a very low curve. I think Xiom Omega V Europe is a good alternative to T80. It is a bit softer but feels very similar overall. Xiom is a bit underrated in my opinion. Very good blades and rubbers. If you search for Tenergy alternatives you won't be disappointed with Xiom stuff :)

Regards Chris