Stiga quality

This user has no status.
Almost always when I see a review of the stiga woods, there is always someone who speaks ill of their durability ...
Is it really true that logs are of the highest quality? Little durable?
I've heard of it, but they told me it was something from the past and now they have improved everything, the question is, is it really something from the past or is it still happening?
If we buy stiga items we will use them for a short time?
Lower woods and rubbers in terms of durability?
In other words, a carbonate 145 that is of the same generation as cca unlimited will last less time?
Would a mantra or genesis last less time than a mx-p or bluefire?
Let the voices opinions, criticism, experiences with the materials ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Almost always when I see a review of the stiga woods, there is always someone who speaks ill of their durability ...
Is it really true that logs are of the highest quality? Little durable?
I've heard of it, but they told me it was something from the past and now they have improved everything, the question is, is it really something from the past or is it still happening?
If we buy stiga items we will use them for a short time?
Lower woods and rubbers in terms of durability?
In other words, a carbonate 145 that is of the same generation as cca unlimited will last less time?
Would a mantra or genesis last less time than a mx-p or bluefire?
Let the voices opinions, criticism, experiences with the materials ...

We had an Infinity which delaminated and was replaced under warranty. The replacement has been faultless. Other blades we have: Eternity, Carnonado's 145, 190 and 90 have been fine too. My son uses Mantra M as part of a sponsorship deal and loves the performance but they are very fragile. They seem to chip round the edges with the lightest touch and keep chipping until they're very quickly unusable for tournament play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
But was the sponsor who traded or the store?
I did not know that stores make warranty

We'd bought the Infinity from Dandoy in France. When the blade delaminated I contacted them but could get no response so I contacted Stiga directly. Stiga acted instantly and got Dandoy to send a replacement without further delay. They even sent us a Stiga shirt and socks as an apology. Any product you buy is covered by a warranty against product failure. It is the retailer's responsibility to sort it out. If they don't, or won't, then the manufacturer has to sort it. Exactly what happened in our situation.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I send messages to dandoy and the 3 that i send none were answered

That was my problem. Dandoy didn't respond when I had the issue. I then went directly to Stiga and they stepped in and made Dandoy sort it. I wouldn't recommend Dandoy as a result. Look for a reputable Stiga supplier in your country.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Tabletennis11 has amazing service :) the thing about STIGA blades is that some differ a lot in quality, depending for which market they were produced. My clipper CR is not the best quality regarding finish, although the blade plays perfectly. China Clippers have much better finish.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
In that case try contacting Stiga direct and asking who they recommend or you could try www.thorntonstabletennis.co.uk. They're the UK Stiga distributor and very good. I highly recommend them but you'd need to check that they ship to Portugal.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
As a more general statement, independent of what happened to the OP, it seems like there are two different issues with Stiga.

First, the fit and finish of the blades is not what it used to be, especially given the price point for a lot of their stuff. Badges should be even, and flush with the wood, edges should be even, etc. There is no excuse for not managing to get that right. Mostly those things don't affect play.

Second, some of the materials they use on the outer surfaces of some blades are very fragile, especially on their NCT and Crystal Carbo blades, and the blades are prone to delamination.

I have seen nothing to indicate that this has changed.

With that said, some of the Carbonado blades I have hit with I thought were quite good and a couple of the people at my club who use them have had them for awhile without a problem. I think the problems may be more severe with their other blades.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As a more general statement, independent of what happened to the OP, it seems like there are two different issues with Stiga.

First, the fit and finish of the blades is not what it used to be, especially given the price point for a lot of their stuff. Badges should be even, and flush with the wood, edges should be even, etc. There is no excuse for not managing to get that right. Mostly those things don't affect play.

Second, some of the materials they use on the outer surfaces of some blades are very fragile, especially on their NCT and Crystal Carbo blades, and the blades are prone to delamination.

I have seen nothing to indicate that this has changed.

With that said, some of the Carbonado blades I have hit with I thought were quite good and a couple of the people at my club who use them have had them for awhile without a problem. I think the problems may be more severe with their other blades.

I am glad someone was able to say all this coherently.

This was all explained excellently. It explains exactly what the deal with Stiga is.

When you deal with those issues that have to do with how the blades are not finished properly and tech the blades yourself, they usually play well.

However, as Baal said, there is no excuse for Stiga not managing to get those things right.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Jirrex and KM1976
says [IMG]
Using an Infinity VPS for 2 years now (approx 6hrs p/week). I replace my rubbers multiple times per year and no issues whatsoever.
After 8-10 weeks of playing Mantra M, the rubber looks not bad all. The edges are still pretty much intact (and I don't use edge tape). My Genesis rubbers were in worse condition after 8 weeks playing though.

i prefer buying my material locally, even if the price is a bit higher. If I buy online, I buy mostly from TT11 or one of the German webshops. Most of the time, I check the website of the manufacture if the shop is a listed distributor.