Stiga quality

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So stiga blades is to forget, throw money into the air for a few months after having to buy another

It sounds like, for you, that is a good solution: to forget about Stiga blades. But it is not because why you seem to think. When they play well, they don't necessarily break. Some do. Some don't. It is that the finish details are really bad which gives the impression that the product is cheaper than it should be.

I asked Stiga repeatedly about their finish and they just told me that the blades are not made smooth intentionally and it is for the player to sand them. Whatever reasons they have, I do not know.

If that was the real reason, why do they have lenses put in at the wrong angle or higher than the wood on one side, not flush.

The bottom of the handle on most Clipper blades is cut at a 90° angle. This makes it so you can balance the blade standing. I got one where the angle was totally off so that one side of the handle was longer than the other. And this angle was on an odd bias so that, on the FH side, near the side where your index finger would be pointing was the shortest part of the handle.

Now it didn't affect play, so I ignored it. But it did look like the person who made the final cut on the handle had too much to drink or something.

So there is no way that some of the details Stiga messes up on are because they respect their customers and feel the customer has the right to do the finishing themselves.

No matter how you look at it, a botched cut on a lens cut out that makes it not sit right, a botched application of a lens so that half the Stiga label is missing because the lens was put in wrong, a botched cut on a handle that makes the handle uneven, none of those can be put down to Stiga wanting their clients to do the finishing.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex and Suga D
It's very sad to feel that "all's about the money".
It's very bad when the customer feels like nothing but a wallet in the eyes of the producer.
It's a pitty most of the producers spark and blandish sponsored stars just to grab the wallets form the mass.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says [IMG]
It's very sad to feel that "all's about the money".
It's very bad when the customer feels like nothing but a wallet in the eyes of the producer.
It's a pitty most of the producers spark and blandish sponsored stars just to grab the wallets form the mass.

This is totally irrelevant to be honest. All TT manufacturers, uhm, all companies are in their business for the money. Regardless if you buy a TT blade, bottle of ketchup or a BMW. Some pay more attention to customer satisfaction then other though. Nowadays, marketing is a vital part of a company.

Personally, I have very bad experience with the support of BTY. Paying sh*tload of money for their products , but lacking proper customer support. At least, is my case. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Stiga, but just responding to the quoted post. There are many reports of Infinity blades of bad quality and Stiga should indeed fix this issue.

Reactions: langel
That's just ok.
I have just the same feelings towerds Butterfly and I've quit with it /almost/ long ago.
I say almost, because I still use Butterfly side tape just to blame Butterfly if I hit with the edge of the blade.
And I don't blame Stiga at all.
But I'm 53 years old and still have the feeling of what was the quality of products and courtesy to costumers before some decades. Such problems with products of the reknowned quality brands were absolutely impossible.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Yasaka blades are excellent build quality. Just my $.02.

You don't hear many complaints about Nittaku either, if you want to buy a premium-priced brand.

Reactions: langel
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I asked Stiga repeatedly about their finish and they just told me that the blades are not made smooth intentionally and it is for the player to sand them. Whatever reasons they have, I do not know.

If they are sloppy about what you can see, they are probably more sloppy about things you can't. Hence blades delaminate etc. It all goes together.

It sounds like, for you, that is a good solution: to forget about Stiga blades. But it is not because why you seem to think. When they play well, they don't necessarily break. Some do. Some don't. It is that the finish details are really bad which gives the impression that the product is cheaper than it should be.

If that was the real reason, why do they have lenses put in at the wrong angle or higher than the wood on one side, not flush.

The bottom of the handle on most Clipper blades is cut at a 90° angle. This makes it so you can balance the blade standing. I got one where the angle was totally off so that one side of the handle was longer than the other. And this angle was on an odd bias so that, on the FH side, near the side where your index finger would be pointing was the shortest part of the handle.

Now it didn't affect play, so I ignored it. But it did look like the person who made the final cut on the handle had too much to drink or something.

So there is no way that some of the details Stiga messes up on are because they respect their customers and feel the customer has the right to do the finishing themselves.

No matter how you look at it, a botched cut on a lens cut out that makes it not sit right, a botched application of a lens so that half the Stiga label is missing because the lens was put in wrong, a botched cut on a handle that makes the handle uneven, none of those can be put down to Stiga wanting their clients to do the finishing.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

I was talking about the innate roughness not the placing of the lens though I did open up to them about the metal logos.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Of course Stiga is a well reknowned name in TT and not only. But is not imminized against faults.
It's founded 1934 and started TT production in 1943, but history is not all.
TT is a traditional British game, bit now most of the people think its Chinese.

I hope I'm wrong, but Virginia Wise looks like a bot to me [like a spambot]. Her posts haven't been very topic related so far. We've had those here before. Ask Carl.

This user has no status.
If they are sloppy about what you can see, they are probably more sloppy about things you can't. Hence blades delaminate etc. It all goes together.

I feel like Stiga might be bi-polar when it comes to their QC.

I have seen two samples of the Exclusive Offensive blade they made together with TTEX, and there was zero sloppiness that Carl mentioned, but with the intentional roughness Yogi mentioned of the top ply and handle, and clean sharp edges of the wings. Both blade metal badges were immaculately finished in gold/black and evenly set. And the handle end metal logos were perfectly level and centered.

On the other hand, the Arctic Wood is an example of what Carl's talking about. The paint work for the metal badge is sloppy and looks cheap, and it's set unevenly in the handle. The handle end metal logo is off-centered and tilted. The handle isn't fully symmetrical, and the top ply and handle wood are both very rough.

Both Exclusive OFF and Arctic Wood play exceptionally well though. The Arctic Wood has the worst finish of any blade I've used, and the most delicate top ply which easily splinters, but unfortunately, it feels great and I play better with it than anything else I've ever used.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Buying a table tennis table is a huge investment. It is not something that you buy everyday need to huge investment wisely in purchasing a high quality, branded table tennis table such as Stiga table tennis table which is Swedish Table Tennis Association official sponsor. Greater quality table tennis tables are durable and last longer.

Stiga is leading Table Tennis equipment Manufacture company which Founded: 1934 and it official sponsor of Swden Table Tennis Federation.

I hope I'm wrong, but Virginia Wise looks like a bot to me [like a spambot]. Her posts haven't been very topic related so far. We've had those here before. Ask Carl.

Good catch. I think you are right. I have sent a PM to Virginia Wise. We will see how he/she/it answers, and whether this one will be answered. Is Virginia Wise a robot or a human? I think Suga D is correct that Virgina Wise is a spambot.

[Edit: Virginia Wise did answer my PM and seems like he/she may be human, or some other kind of life form rather than artificial intelligence. :).]

Last edited:
Reactions: langel and Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Funny how TT bots often choose female names. Maybe the idea is that we will imagine they are boty-licious. However, sentient contributors to our forum are a good thing usually.

In any case, regarding Stiga QC, we are all aware of their distinguished history in the sport -- I grew up playing with their blades a long time ago!! But their spotty quality control is not something that we are imagining, and a great reputation is easily lost.

Last edited: