Rubbers for Nittaku Miyabi

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Never used a one ply hinoki, but i've been playing with a 3ply hinoki for quite a while now. At first with carbon layers, but lately without, and my experience is that too soft rubbers just don't feel too good on soft woodtypes. The feeling is very indirect and not very linear.
But T05 or even harder ones like H3 do quite well. In fact the tacky H3N has an incredible dwell time on a Hinoki blade. To me it feels as if the ball just sits on the rubber for a moment. After having changed from hinoki+carbon to all-hinoki it almost felt like catching the ball and throwing it back after a while.

But if you don't like tacky rubbers many non tacky hard rubbers like t05 will do the job quite good as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
On Darker Speed 90, I use H3 provincial 39 hardness.

I also tried the legendary Tenergy 05 and other rubbers such as R7 soft, T80, T05 FX. Man I have to say H3 gives much heavier spin. The provincial orange sponge gives such a good feel and control.

Many people say Chinese rubbers don't pair well with hinoki because the very tacky topsheet limits the power of hinoki. But RED hurricane is semi-tacky, therefore plays a lot better than black hurricane on hinoki blades.

Gives RED hurricane 3 a try if you can

Passionate about TT

Reactions: Suga D
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Update:
One of my club mate had the Arc 5, but, I didn't like it much.
I am not into sticky rubbers, and thinking not to experiment 'em now as there is a tournament coming.

Have finally decided and ordered

Miyabi:
Aurus Prime FH
Rakza 7 BH

Septear
- Tibhar MXP FH
- DHS Gold Arc 8 BH

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Update:
One of my club mate had the Arc 5, but, I didn't like it much.
I am not into sticky rubbers, and thinking not to experiment 'em now as there is a tournament coming.

Have finally decided and ordered

Miyabi:
Aurus Prime FH
Rakza 7 BH

Septear
- Tibhar MXP FH
- DHS Gold Arc 8 BH
Hello Chintanmashroo,

I am just wondering if you are still using Miyabi (and Septear) now. What rubbers are you using now and in the past that you would recommend to use? Thank you