TTTalk closing ,,dans the main site now

This user has no status.
I would just like to say a big thanks to dave robson for his tttalk site which first kicked off the forum sites in this England,,his site is closing,so it looks like its up to ttdaily to carry the torch for tt fanatics in this area,come on danny boy.. keep up the great work.....

great work to all concerened with these projects..... cho!!!!

This user has no status.
Really! How do you know its true?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Its on the Site

Table Tennis Talk Message
Forum Closing.

After nearly 44,000 Posts in over 4,500 topics over the past 4 years sadly and with regret the Table Tennis Talk forums are closed.

My main goal when building the site was to create a place where anyone and everyone could enjoy and become interactive about the sport of Table Tennis - for free, which i hope was achieved. The thousands upon thousands of hours i have spent creating and maintaining the site has sadly taken it's toll on my life not only financially but emotionally with many things taking a back seat whilst trying to keep the place not only ticking over but also vibrant and innovative and along with being self employed my time is at a premium at the present moment. I have had to trim some things from my life and the Table Tennis Talk forum became a casualty of those decisions.

There is an amazing amount of work that goes on within and around having such involvement in large forums such as TTT and the "shop front" is only one tiny section of what "actually" goes on to maintain it's upkeep and stability. Hosting costs and other demands are also involved as many already know.

In the beginning there were many enthusiastic people who helped answer questions and did other things to help out in the forum. Then over time these good people became very busy with their own life and other ventures. The current team in the sites admin and moderating team are an incredible bunch with absolute support and who without the place would not have even gotten thus far so my total thanks go to the team here for that undying support over the recent times. I for one like many will miss the popping in first thing of a morning to see what's been thrown around and the banter that went along with the serious issues.

Not long ago someone pm'd me not to complain about some issue on the site but to say "this is the best Table Tennis site i have ever been on"

What a nice way to end it, with one of the loveliest compliments anyone could hope or wish for. I'm glad it was appreciated and I am sorry it had to close down. The forum did what it was originally intended to do. It was a place to make friends and to have some fun along with bring people not only back to Table Tennis but also to stimulate those already taking part.

We certainly did all that. Thanks to everyone that participated along the way.

This decision has been one of the hardest i have ever made in life and has taken many hours of sleepless nights to arrive at ........................

Regards
Dave

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for that.

I am suprised Dave is closing down the site but i know how he feels on how much time it takes up. I spend hours on end updating this site. TTT has been amazing and it inspired me!

I know Dave has a lot of other projects going on in his life and i wish him the best of luck. Dave built the platform to TableTennisDaily and i thank him thousands for that! The mans a hardworking legend!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Hi Everyone, I have just come over from TTT - I hope you will not hold that against me and hope to carry on with my usual charm!

I must echo my regrets about TTT and have passed on my best wishes to the master Dave Robson.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Everyone, I have just come over from TTT - I hope you will not hold that against me and hope to carry on with my usual charm!

I must echo my regrets about TTT and have passed on my best wishes to the master Dave Robson.

Hey Chico!

Your more then welcome to join us all here, you will have a great time. it may not be as localised as Dave's awesome TTT site but anyhow, you can find and discuss all the latest table tennis information here with us :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi all,

I'm another refugee from TTT.
Thanks to Dave and the team for all their hard work.

I'm looking forward to maintaining the friendships I've made on TTT on here and making some new ones.

Welcome Big TC, your more then welcome here, I'm looking forward to your posts and discussions :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Shame to see the old site go. Seems like a lot of the old crowd are here and as chopfloat said we need our daily fix.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
TTT was the 1st TT forum i went on and i also found this a few years later and I did use both. Seeming as TTD is the only one left i am here for the long haul!

Hey Kwin, Yeah TTT was the first forum and it inspired me, thanks for joining here :)

Hi all,

Another one here too, was Blitzcarp on tt talk.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for joining Steve and great to see you using the TableTennisDaily app. Great piece of kit.

Yet another TTT refugee, looking for some table tennis asylum. I need my daily fix.

Hehe I know the craving your talking about Chopfloat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Hi all,

I'm another refugee from TTT.
Thanks to Dave and the team for all their hard work.

I'm looking forward to maintaining the friendships I've made on TTT on here and making some new ones.

Good to see you Big TC. I joined this forum back in April at the same time as joining TTT. Its a very good forum. Not as localised as TTT but good to see views from many different people. Hope some more of the TTT people join as most of them seemed quite knowledgeable and interested in progressing the game, especially in the UK.

Was good to see you on Monday too. Think I will try to get over there as much as possible to get a bit more practice in. Hopefully you can teach me some new serves!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2010
Just thought id pop on and say the guys on TTT are a fab group and ive made some amazing friends along the way

Great to see the TTD set up growing and i hope does well

I remember not long ago building the set up for Dan and still think its too dark lol but hey we all have different ideas....... :)

Younger views lol

Ps .......... i even had admin status at one point round here but thats been removed ha!

Good luck guys and wish everyone absolute success along the way ...................