TTTalk closing ,,dans the main site now

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Just thought id pop on and say the guys on TTT are a fab group and ive made some amazing friends along the way

Great to see the TTD set up growing and i hope does well

I remember not long ago building the set up for Dan and still think its too dark lol but hey we all have different ideas....... :)

Younger views lol

Ps .......... i even had admin status at one point round here but thats been removed ha!

Good luck guys and wish everyone absolute success along the way ...................

Dave your a great person! Without you i wouldnt have anything! You have saved me countless of times and i owe you! I have removed all admins as ukhost told me to. To manY people had access to the server and things were going wrong.

Good luck in your next projects Dave im looking forward to them and your always welcome to join the TTD site.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Thanks Keith for recommending this after Dave suddenly shut the other shop. Why no notice Dave???? Good to see some familiar names here anyway. Thanks for all who responded to my ball collecting query. I have another little topic to post once I have scouted around a bit.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks Keith for recommending this after Dave suddenly shut the other shop. Why no notice Dave???? Good to see some familiar names here anyway. Thanks for all who responded to my ball collecting query. I have another little topic to post once I have scouted around a bit.

Welcome to the site Grahem. Looking forward to this post :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hi Everyone, I have just come over from TTT - I hope you will not hold that against me and hope to carry on with my usual charm!

I must echo my regrets about TTT and have passed on my best wishes to the master Dave Robson.
Chico - what charm!! lol. Joking aside, I had been using both the sites although I only got to know about TTD early this year. Dave did a great job and we will all miss him but now its 'Dan the man'. The news even gets to the well known players as Grant Solder last night at the Morpeth Community TTC said when I mentioned to him that TTT had closed down, he already knew. Morpeth has already had a thread on TTD last month under the heading 'New London TT facility'. Also great to see all the guys coming over from TTT to TTD.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Morpeth has already had a thread on TTD last month under the heading 'New London TT facility'about the new table tennis facility.

Missed you there last night Bob - I only popped in briefly.

Was it you or Carl there to have a hit?

Were Richard Andrews, Andrew Rushton or Carl Prean still there when you arrived and did you/Carl get a knock with any of them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Why no notice Dave????

I think it has been something Dave has been considering for a while, he really did put a lot of time and effort in and the server crashes and re-builds really tested his resolve.

I imagine once he had made a decision he had to simply do it. Staying open longer for something you were going to close still incurs costs and time. Better to get it over and done with rather than have it linger on and risk changes of heart.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Welcome everyone!!! I've read through TTT for the last 3 or 4 years but I never managed to register. You guys are a great bunch and I enjoyed every minute reading through your threads, posts and comments.

I certainly look forward to your posts and threads.

And as for Dave, what can I say. I must thank you for helping Dan out creating this excellent site. No doubt maintaining TTT has been hectic, and I think it is the right time to pass the baton to Dan. You started it all, and you'll always be remembered as the 'Sifu'. I do hope you'll pop in once in a while and say hello buddy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Chico - what charm!! lol. Joking aside, I had been using both the sites although I only got to know about TTD early this year. Dave did a great job and we will all miss him but now its 'Dan the man'. The news even gets to the well known players as Grant Solder last night at the Morpeth Community TTC said when I mentioned to him that TTT had closed down, he already knew. Morpeth has already had a thread on TTD last month under the heading 'New London TT facility'about the new table tennis facility. Also great to see all the guys coming over to TTD.

Hi Bob, I thought I may escape you for a while lol !

I am heading off to Vegas next week so won't be around. I am still interested in joining Morpeth, and will get down there again when I come back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Missed you there last night Bob - I only popped in briefly.

Was it you or Carl there to have a hit?

Were Richard Andrews, Andrew Rushton or Carl Prean still there when you arrived and did you/Carl get a knock with any of them?
Hi Mr Belisar. Carl Prean was there and I believe the other two were but I do not know them. Grant wants me to join but I am not sure if its worth it for me as I play in two leagues so already getting knock-ups anyway but my main concern is to get Carl playing better (while he is in the mood !!) and that means either by coaching or playing other better players. Carl was lucky last night as there were three Chinese guys there and one of them gave Carl a knock for at least 30 minutes which was good but other than that I had to do the usual which may not be very benefitting to Carl. It is very awkward to take him to play hoping that there would be some one available as they all were playing with their partners so he would not have anyone to play with. Carl has joined but it remains to be seen what happens now but will speak to you about it next time we meet but I will mention it to Grant on Friday night as well. We were coming next Tuesday (just to see you - seriously) but I have a Romford league game so we may go on the Wednesday again.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hope Dan does nt mind me advertising my tt forum on here,,,its on the godboldtt.com site,hopefully this will keep the local flavour from the north going and encourage people to explore this incredible world site Dan has built....cheers//

Not to worry Harry! :)

Good luck with everything, and a huge welcome to all the new members here on TTD. This season will be a good one with the Olympics and other major events coming up!, I can feel it! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
A huge welcome to everyone who's come from TTT, sad to hear that it's been closed.
Let's continue in Dave's spirit and improve the communication in TT all over the world on TTD now!