Can Akkuzu vs TableTennisDaily's Dan! 1 set showdown!!!!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone,

During our recent trip to the Aimen's Table Tennis Club in France we met up with World Number 110 Can Akkuzu to review his Cornilleau equipment setup! We challenged Can to a #1SetShowdown. Users had to guess the score was be in a 1 set match up between Dan and Can to win a Cornilleau Hinotec OFF blade signed by Can!

Can Akkuzu vs Dan!

Can Akkuzu is on the French National Team is a promising talent! He currently sits 130 on the World Rankings at just 19 years of age!

Winner of the Cornilleau Hinotec Off blade signed by Can Akkuzu announced:

cornilleauhinotecblade2017.jpg

Thanks to all 814 entries across TableTennisDaily's website and youtube channel who entered the competition on what they thought the score would be between Can and Dan.

120 users guessed the correct score. The user who came closest to the correct score won! All 120 users were put into an excel spreadsheet with a number assigned to them. Using the google random number generator the number 94 was produced.

Congratulations to 1st place winner Ryan Sheardown winning a Hinotec Off blade signed by Can Akkuzu. If you can PM your address to TableTennisDaily we will post your prize win right away!

Stay tuned for more TableTennisDaily competitions and 1 set showdowns with pro players!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Can has amazing control. Some of his shots I can't believe they actually made it. Wow.

Completely agree I couldn't believe how well he was hitting shots. He told me him, Simon Gauzy and Hugo Calderano hit absolutely insane shots when training in Ochsenhausen. Imagine what the 3 of those boys are like in practice! :)

I would agree with your assessment of Can. His shots are just a little slower than the mini-gun arms of Aruna, Pitchford, and Ovtcharov.

Yeah I think you are right. Can is only 20 years old, it will be interesting to watch his progress over the next few years, especially that he is training with Gauzy and Calderano every day.

Talking of Aruna they played one another today in the Bulgaria Open. Close game!

cannnnnnn.jpg

Great match reminds me of the game against Aruna. Similar rubbers?

I would say one similarity is that Aruna and Can have a very open game and allow you to attack. Also you can rally well with these types of players. When you play spin players like Tiago or Freitas its hard to get into the rally! This doesn't mean Tiago and Freitias are better, they just have different game strategies and strengths.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
That they are both ESN based and from same generation..?

Joola Rhyzm and Target Pro

Ok. Even then these rubbers have slight differences, and remember: it's always the little things in life that matter.
[Emoji6]
But it's never the material, it's the person behind it...
[Emoji6]

Dan has given the answer already: some playing styles allow to rally better than others.

@Dan: well played, buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I want to see that spreadsheet ! this is the first time I predicted the score correctly in my 7 years in TTD .. atleast I can take a print it out and hang it up on my wall as a memento ! .. LOL ... congratulations to winner, thanks Dan for organizing this and really enjoyed watching the video ...
Hey everyone,

During our recent trip to the Aimen's Table Tennis Club in France we met up with World Number 110 Can Akkuzu to review his Cornilleau equipment setup! We challenged Can to a #1SetShowdown. Users had to guess the score was be in a 1 set match up between Dan and Can to win a Cornilleau Hinotec OFF blade signed by Can!

Can Akkuzu vs Dan!

Can Akkuzu is on the French National Team is a promising talent! He currently sits 130 on the World Rankings at just 19 years of age!

Winner of the Cornilleau Hinotec Off blade signed by Can Akkuzu announced:

cornilleauhinotecblade2017.jpg

Thanks to all 814 entries across TableTennisDaily's website and youtube channel who entered the competition on what they thought the score would be between Can and Dan.

120 users guessed the correct score. The user who came closest to the correct score won! All 120 users were put into an excel spreadsheet with a number assigned to them. Using the google random number generator the number 94 was produced.

Congratulations to 1st place winner Ryan Sheardown winning a Hinotec Off blade signed by Can Akkuzu. If you can PM your address to TableTennisDaily we will post your prize win right away!

Stay tuned for more TableTennisDaily competitions and 1 set showdowns with pro players!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Actually Can was the least amazing pro player Dan challenged.

The recent Czech Open U21 finals, especially the last two games, suggest there are two Can Akkuzus. The somewhat leisurely Can that had fun playing Dan, and an ultrasharp monster Can. It amazed me.

Witness:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
The recent Czech Open U21 finals, especially the last two games, suggest there are two Can Akkuzus. The somewhat leisurely Can that had fun playing Dan, and an ultrasharp monster Can. It amazed me.

Witness:

I admire his skills and results but for me he's still the least impressive. Playing level and being impressive isn't the same thing. Aruna's forehand is impressive, Dima's backhand is impressive etc... Akkuzu is 'just' a good player.
You can say that his FH push was impressive. But when you see such pushes a lot then it can't impress you that much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I admire his skills and results but for me he's still the least impressive. Playing level and being impressive isn't the same thing. Aruna's forehand is impressive, Dima's backhand is impressive etc... Akkuzu is 'just' a good player.
You can say that his FH push was impressive. But when you see such pushes a lot then it can't impress you that much.

Well he just won the U21 competition at Czech Open. Can't be so bad then IMHO.
Maybe winning over Dan has given him a confidence boost!
[Emoji12]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Witness:

Yeah, anyone paying attention can tell he is not pressured and having fun.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm taking full credit for this win, he only needed a few hours training with me ;)

Hahahaha. I think his work with Dan was his ticket to the big leagues. After training with Dan, he has just kicked up to a new level.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D