Who do you think will win the Czech Open 2017?

• Timo Boll

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Fuwen Filus

• Stefan Fegerl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kristian Karlsson

• Emmanuel Lebesson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hugo Calderano

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
UNBELIEVABLE SCENES! 14 year old wonder kid Tomokazu Harimoto has just eliminated Timo Boll to secure the Czech Open Title!

harimotoczechopenchampion2017.jpg

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
... still waiting for the European prodigy to emerge though!!

Now who would that be? Anyone in sight?

Dyjas?? Groth?? Duda?? Walther?? Qiu?? Akkuzu?? Gauzy?? Pitchford?? Walker??

I don't know... Can't see one of them seriously challenging CNT players. But maybe i'm all wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Now who would that be? Anyone in sight?

Dyjas?? Groth?? Duda?? Walther?? Qiu?? Akkuzu?? Gauzy?? Pitchford?? Walker??

I don't know... Can't see one of them seriously challenging CNT players. But maybe i'm all wrong.

Europeans can take heart from the fact that none of the Asian youngsters apart from Harimoto has been able to make recent breakthroughs in the world order. Wang Chuqin or Xu Fei etc are not in the same league yet.

I must admit I really liked Gerassimenko Kirill . Not sure we can consider him a prodigy but he sure has the talent to make it big. Don't know much about him but he put up an amazing fight against Harimoto. Check this awesome point from Kirill vs Harimoto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5rLD7zVUmQ#t=11m05s

Reactions: Suga D and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The kid is good ... and that point is awesome ... but you have to admit this is surprising thing about Harimoto, even though he has made major breakthroughs in the men's top 10, things remain more competitive at his age level , that is more than you would expect. This was the case when he first beat a top 100 player , I remember him not winning his age group matches simultaneously ....I think there are aspects of his game which can be countered at his age level more than it can be done by adult players , especially the speed part of it , and I mean staying close to the table and taking everything off the bounce .. you could clearly see the conscious effort from Timo to try and stay a little back so that he could have more chances to overcome Harimoto with power and spin and changes of speed from there ...
Europeans can take heart from the fact that none of the Asian youngsters apart from Harimoto has been able to make recent breakthroughs in the world order. Wang Chuqin or Xu Fei etc are not in the same league yet.

I must admit I really liked Gerassimenko Kirill . Not sure we can consider him a prodigy but he sure has the talent to make it big. Don't know much about him but he put up an amazing fight against Harimoto. Check this awesome point from Kirill vs Harimoto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5rLD7zVUmQ#t=11m05s

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I must admit I really liked Gerassimenko Kirill . Not sure we can consider him a prodigy but he sure has the talent to make it big. Don't know much about him but he put up an amazing fight against Harimoto.

So did Kristian Karlsson. In both games, the result might well have turned out differently. But that's the true mark of the champion — to finish first anyway in equal races.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
...I must admit I really liked Gerassimenko Kirill . Not sure we can consider him a prodigy but he sure has the talent to make it big. Don't know much about him but he put up an amazing fight against Harimoto...
I love how Kirill plays too. What is going on in Kazahkstan? Kirill and the singer Dimash. Wow.

Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
Reactions: zoomtt