TT Glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Where can I buy tt glue for the cheapest rate?? I'm asking about online sites.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Old speed glue is much cheaper than the current water based glue. You can use it like the water-based glue (you don't have to reglue often, it's just because of the speed-glue effect), but if you want to use boosters water based is way better.
So, do you want water-based or old glue?

Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Old speed glue is much cheaper than the current water based glue. You can use it like the water-based glue (you don't have to reglue often, it's just because of the speed-glue effect), but if you want to use boosters water based is way better.
So, do you want water-based or old glue?

Using speed glue as regular water based glue, does it give a good glue job? Do you know what the shelf life of speed glue is?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Using speed glue as regular water based glue, does it give a good glue job? Do you know what the shelf life of speed glue is?

No, I don't know exactly. I don't use speed glue, but players from my club do. By using speed glue like water based I meant that regular reglueing isn't necessary, just if you want to use the sg-effect. It gives a good glue job and if you want to try out a new blade or something like this, you can simply put a new layer on the previous. Multiple layers has little effect and it's easier to remove the glue layer. Speed glue is easy to use, cheap and reliable. Just be sure that you glue in a well ventilated area, because VOCs aren't healthy.

Reactions: Jirrex
Shelf life of speed glue is the same as of VOC-free - 4-5 months once opened.
Rubbers like tensors shorten their life if speed glued. Such rubbers you have to glue only once for a life-time and provided you make the glue job perfectly, otherwise you will end with smallpox bubles.
Using VOC free you may reglue your rubbers several times, keepeng the sponge in shape. Regluing with VOC free does not mean that the glue makes something. The phisical process of removing the rubbers envolves elastic forces which "revive" the sponge tension.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Speed glue causes what ever rubber you use to expand. At a certain point, after it is glued, it will shrink. The time frame is between 2 days and 2 weeks. Then you have a rubber that is much smaller than your blade.

The expanding is much more significant with tensor type rubbers. With Chinese rubbers it will still expand, but not as much.

If you want your rubbers to be the right size for your blade, don't use speed glue. If you don't care, speed glue is fine.

But it seems a bit silly. The Water Based glues can be bought in small amounts. I had a 90ml bottle of Donic Vario Clean that lasted me 2+ years and glued at least 20+ rubbers. You use less glue with the WB glues. So they are not as expensive as they seem.

But if money is really tight, look for TearMender. It is the same basic thing as many WB glues and it is very inexpensive. There is another version of the same thing that they sell in Europe. I can't remember the name. But someone else will supply the name.

It works. I like Vario Clean better for me. But TearMender is easier to remove.

Another TT Glue that a lot of people seem to like is Revolution No3. You can get that in small sizes, even 30ml. Someone else on here will probably be happy to explain what makes that glue so good.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, I really don't get the idea that WB glue stops working if it sits too long. I had a 90ml bottle of Vario Clean for at least 2 and a half years and it worked fine right until I ran out. Right now I have a 500ml bottle of Vario Clean and a 500ml bottle of Xiom I-Bond in my closet and they both are fine. I just didn't like the Xiom glue so I got Vario Clean after. And they have been in my closet for about 2 years.

The WB glue does not just go bad unless you neglect to seal the bottle.

Reactions: Jirrex and langel
Yes, Usd, IF you maintain more blades and IF you get greater bottle with a nerrower neck, comfortable to seal, and if you have a lower tempriture closet, or keep it in a fridge, it might last longer. But for a sponged 25 gr. glue 5-6 months maximum.
I would have in mind the appele for a less price and the the usual temp in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My Vario Clean is in a bottle with a wide cap and it has kept just fine. I have not had the problem of the glue going bad as of yet. But it is not that expensive. I think I got the large size for $20.00. If I had wanted to, I could have shared it with any number of friends. I am sure I could have gotten people to pay for it if I had wanted also. I could have sold 100ml at a time and made money off the glue if I had cared to.

Reactions: langel
You are very right and that is the point to be.

But 20$, ok, some more, is the cost of a smatphone in India, Pakistan, Banglagesh and some other countries.
Here, in Bulgaria we live with much more money! About 500 usd per month! And that's why, for god's sake, we can afford VOC-frees. But others... I don't like ITTF :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Speed glue causes what ever rubber you use to expand. At a certain point, after it is glued, it will shrink. The time frame is between 2 days and 2 weeks. Then you have a rubber that is much smaller than your blade.

The expanding is much more significant with tensor type rubbers. With Chinese rubbers it will still expand, but not as much.

If you want your rubbers to be the right size for your blade, don't use speed glue. If you don't care, speed glue is fine.

But it seems a bit silly. The Water Based glues can be bought in small amounts. I had a 90ml bottle of Donic Vario Clean that lasted me 2+ years and glued at least 20+ rubbers. You use less glue with the WB glues. So they are not as expensive as they seem.

But if money is really tight, look for TearMender. It is the same basic thing as many WB glues and it is very inexpensive. There is another version of the same thing that they sell in Europe. I can't remember the name. But someone else will supply the name.

Another TT Glue that a lot of people seem to like is Revolution No3. You can get that in small sizes, even 30ml. Someone else on here will probably be happy to explain what makes that glue so good.

2+ years, that's pretty impressive. I have the impression that a lot of glues won't be good anymore after such a period of time. After 2 years, did the color of the glue change at all?

The European TearMender equivalent you're referring to is called Copydex.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
2+ years, that's pretty impressive. I have the impression that a lot of glues won't be good anymore after such a period of time. After 2 years, did the color of the glue change at all?

The European TearMender equivalent you're referring to is called Copydex.

Copydex, right. Thanks. I thought it would be Suga D who got to this first. Thanks Jirrex.

No change in color in the glue. I think you just need to have the bottle sealed well.

Reactions: Jirrex and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Still have an old can of Donic Waldner speedglue. I think this year it will turn twelve.
[Emoji15]
But i hardly use it, most of the times when i assemble blades for clubmates who don't like the wbg.
But there are many shops still selling it like Contra.de

Shelf life of speed glue is the same as of VOC-free - 4-5 months once opened.

I don't agree on this here!
[Emoji23]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
...and it's easier to remove the glue layer.
Also can't agree on this. That's not my experience. Actually i find it much harder removing speedglue from a rubber's sponge.

With finezip or Revolution 3 i just can peel it off, with speedglue this won't work.
But by accident i found out that by pouring a few drops of oil on the sponge sg can be removed with much less hassle.

Speed glue is easy to use, cheap and reliable. Just be sure that you glue in a well ventilated area, because VOCs aren't healthy.

But i certainly can agree on this.
[Emoji12]
Just took a whiff of my old sg. It smells terribly toxic.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Also can't agree on this. That's not my experience. Actually i find it much harder removing speedglue from a rubber's sponge.

With finezip or Revolution 3 i just can peel it off, with speedglue this won't work.
But by accident i found out that by pouring a few drops of oil on the sponge sg can be removed with much less hassle.

Probably the players who use speed glue here are using a lot more layer. (EJ virus symptom, they don't remove the earlier layers). So when there is a decent amount of glue, then it can be removed in one or in a few more piece).
Besides, I use Revolution too and it takes some work to remove it from porous sponges. Hurricane 3 sponge is a dream, it's so dense that I can remove every glue in a minute from it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Keep in mind we don't really know how long the glue is on the shelf before it got to you. Environment impact is more prominent to glue in a non-sealed bottle so when a bottle is open expect to see glue degradation. How bad, I don't know as I am not the manufacturer. Water base glue dries so close the cap tightly will make it last longer. I use Tear Mender and it is so cheap so I do not mind if it dries off.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017

I looked up Tearmender and everything seems alright other than the fact that it says permanent bond in the description. It also says that if I don't want a permanent bond, then I should mix it with a 1:5 ratio with water. So can someone who has used it help me out? Do I have to dilute it to use with my rubber's and blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I looked up Tearmender and everything seems alright other than the fact that it says permanent bond in the description. It also says that if I don't want a permanent bond, then I should mix it with a 1:5 ratio with water. So can someone who has used it help me out? Do I have to dilute it to use with my rubber's and blade?

Been using Tearmender for years and I swap rubbers to different blades every week. TearMender gives you a permanent bond ONLY when used as intended: for leather and fabric repair. It is NOT a permanent bond for TT use. Do not dilute it. In fact it is a pretty thin and runny glue and VERY easy to remove from the sponge, just like that Revolution 3 glue. There are several YouTube videos about it. It is also used to remove old glue buildup on the sponge, including rubber cement. I use 2 thin layers of Tearmender on the sponge and 1 thin layer of rubber cement on the blade, for a stronger bond.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gourav Acharya