TT Glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I looked up Tearmender and everything seems alright other than the fact that it says permanent bond in the description. It also says that if I don't want a permanent bond, then I should mix it with a 1:5 ratio with water. So can someone who has used it help me out? Do I have to dilute it to use with my rubber's and blade?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I've made a topic about Copydex a while ago, take a look at it: https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/...-My-experience-with-Copydex&highlight=copydex

In the meantime, I did some more experiments. Undiluted also works pretty well, except it lowers the time you have to completely spread it. You still have more enough time to spread it though. You can wet the sponge a bit before you start to spread the glue, which probably also gives you a little extra time. As big_lou already stated, there won't be a permanent bond between the blade and rubber. You can look up some video's, it's really easy to remove the rubber from the blade and the glue from the rubber.

Now I won't bother anymore with 3 layers on the rubber and 2 on the blade, 2 layers on the rubber and 1 on the blade seems to work just as well. I even tried wet gluing, which made a perfect glue job for the eye. I also didn't notice any difference compared to the regular method. I probably won't do this anymore, after reading a recent topic about wet gluing in which some people stated that it could cause air pockets between the rubber and blade.

One more thing, it seems that a sealed blade can cause some adherence issues, especially near the edges. So I sand a sealed blade lightly with #320 sandpaper, just enough that it breaks the shine of the sealant. Then I sand a little extra near the edges, which then gives a nice bond.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017