Do you use Side Balancers?

... And if - for what purpose?

Recently I've noticed, that in order to misguide my oponent, I begin with a standart diagonal topspin move, continue with a brush-drive and end with an angled wrist swinging the ball through the short side of the table. When I'm doing this on my BH to the left side of the table the wrist grip gets stronger and I have no problem, but when I'm doing it on my FH to the right side of the table the grip gets looser and then I get a lot of disturbence of stronger vibrations /usually they help me, but not in this point/ and confuse me about when to release the swing.

So - do you think that Side Balancers, applyed to the lower side of the blade, would help this scenario?

Other experiences and/or comments are wellcome too.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
... And if - for what purpose?

Recently I've noticed, that in order to misguide my oponent, I begin with a standart diagonal topspin move, continue with a brush-drive and end with an angled wrist swinging the ball through the short side of the table. When I'm doing this on my BH to the left side of the table the wrist grip gets stronger and I have no problem, but when I'm doing it on my FH to the right side of the table the grip gets looser and then I get a lot of disturbence of stronger vibrations /usually they help me, but not in this point/ and confuse me about when to release the swing.

So - do you think that Side Balancers, applyed to the lower side of the blade, would help this scenario?

Other experiences and/or comments are wellcome too.
Err, badminton grip tape work wonders [emoji23]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
Yes, exactly, do you think that a 1gr. 5 mm would do?
Yes, but,

To make sure nothing lost in translation,

I am talking about grip tape as a grip tape, to wrap the grip. It tacky enough to hold the blade to your finger even at the least firm grip, but thin enough to not to mute the feel. [emoji28]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, but that's another thing.
I'm talking about side balancers.

So, I may be alone, or it may be the language issue.

Can you show a photo or explain what you mean by "side balancers"?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No, I like the weight and balance of my blade very much.
In the first posting I've described the reason of the question.
I persume than if I put some balancer weight to the lower FH side edge of the blade it could reduce the vibrations I've described. Of course it may change the head-handle balance, but then it could be easily solved.
Well, as I see these Nitaku side balancers are not very used, but I will try the method, it's very easy.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay. It is worth trying. But I am not so sure that would help. And it probably will move the balance of the blade a little more towards the head. But it is very easy to try and see if it works for you for that shot.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: BeGo and langel
This user has no status.
I am actually sceptical that it would give better balance though,

Too light. [emoji28]

1 g of lead tape only 1 cm, and I need about 40 g to 60 g of it wrapped to the handle to move the COG of may blade from 3 cm to 1 cm above the handle. [emoji28]

Perimeter weighting is the common way to raise COR in golf though.[emoji6]

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I tryed with some DIY plastic "side balancer". It really helped me with this shot, but ruined all others. Blah. Nittaku have made it for reason, but I couldn't catch it.
I tryed with a grip tape. Very good grip feel, more solid on blocks and firm on attack, but have lost the feel with softer touch and surface brush, had to recalibrate serves too. So I mooved the grip tape to another head heavy blade which I use to practice blocks and attack only. There it works good.
I came to the conclusion, that my bat is perfect as it is, but I'm not, so its better to improve my technique and grip, rather than the bat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
As carl said, vibrations will be significantly reduced if u modify the handle. all the info ur hand gets is through index and thumb and palm through the handle.

Many pros have added only 2 stripes in the upper part of the blade, but if they weigh only 1 gram I dont think there is a difference, its only on a player's mind mostly, if we could somehow calculate the energy exerted 2 grams of added weight wont do much of a difference

Schlager for example always wanted to play with 93 gr blade, even for a world champ, mind games can make you paranoid. I dont think schlager would play worse if they gave him two blades 91 and 95 for example and told him that its 93.

Would be interesting to see if he would notice though which one is lighter or heavier , which means the feel definitely changes even with a minimum adaptation

Reactions: BeGo and langel