What is the best way of prolonging the life of Tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't think these ratings mean anything , and yes any anti rubber will last a life time :) ... anti rubber by default does not have any grip so what is to lose anyways .... T05 lasts more than T64 , because it has more number of pips per square area and retains its structural integrity longer ... DK about T25 , never played with it , never wanted to ...
Yes, but many people use T05 and may be they have made their ratings too, why its not there?

I've checked - 35 users rated t25 with average 8.2 and 123 users rated t05 with average 8.1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
it will take an awful lot of time for that swap to happen
This is another of THOSE subjects on TT forums, I suspect. From what I've read, anti-spin wears out by becoming more grippy over time, and normal rubber becomes less grippy. Posssibly everyone should team up with someone who requires the alternate type of rubber, so they can swap after a few months :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I saw that discussion Suga D, but I am not really a fan of Spin Refresh ... it does increase the grip on the topsheet for a while but it does wear out the rubber faster. One thumb rule I have seen using these products is that they make the topsheet brittle faster and the topsheet starts falling off pimple by pimple from the edges

Well, that hasn't been my experience (yet).
In fact i only had that happen with ESN or Fuso rubbers, t05 and H3 didn't loose chips from their topsheets like my old Desto F2, Powergrip and Neos Tacky did. It looked like mice had taken a bite. Bluefire was better though.

But in the end i think you guys aren't wrong: i still replace my bh rubber every six months, even if it's still playable.

I have a teammate who just changed his t05 after its second season. That's nearly two years.
[Emoji15]
I probably would have changed it already, but he didn't want to change it during the season...

I always thought t05's durability is unrivaled....until i got to know H3!!
I could be wrong, but i started thinking that this rubber probably would even survive an alien attack from mars or a nuclear blast (hope we will never have to find out). But it seams to be almost undestructable.
;)
But that is a whole different story though...
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It will last another two months after the pros are done with it ... and you are getting it for free. If you buy it new , it will last anywhere between 3-6 months depending on your playing level and frequency ...

You really motivated me to try the durability of T05.
Pros in my club discard them every month and give them to the children, so I'll ask for a set to put on my spare blade.
If T05 prooves a year then it wil come to the price of Xiom and I'll turn to Butter, hopefully.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yeah. My clubmate took it way too far. But he only plays once a week, so that could be one thing and he also probably slowly got used to the degradation. He' s been playing long time. Used to play with Sriver (also two seasons per rubber) until he tried my racket... ;)

But you could probably give him an iceblock and he'd still would get some spin on the ball.

I think six months is a good time, but i know guys also changing much sooner. So monster's estimated time is pretty accurate.

Last edited:
I play 5 hrs a week very /but not extremely/ intensive OFF. I use to transfer Xiom rubbers from my main blade to other two blades after 40hrs /4 months - it's a double time because half of tthe time I train with the other blades/ just because the upper dynamic friction layer is starting to degrade. Total rubber life I use is more than 80 hrs. Others usually ask me "it's still good, why do you discard?" Will T05 give me 80 hrs?

says Aging is a killer
Buy a pelicase

Buy one of these for your blade. You won't need plastic covers etc.

"Automatic pressure equalisation valve, Rubber ‘O-ring’ seal, Scratch resistant, Shock absorbing liner, Crushproof, Dustproof"
All with a lifetime warranty.

https://peliproducts.co.uk/cases/i1075-ipad-case.html

TBS in pelicase (500x317).jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It depends , primarily on how often you loop and how much you brush and also how consistently you hit the same spot on the paddle , mine used to run out of gas in approx. 3 months when I was not that good, currently my feeling on my forehand has improved and I consistently hit the same part of the paddle they now last 2 months approx. and I play mostly around 8-10 hours a week , I brush hard and with tenergy my loops were known to be pretty spinny. And I have been known to never push a long ball as long as I am not really surprised ...

I play 5 hrs a week very /but not extremely/ intensive OFF. I use to transfer Xiom rubbers from my main blade to other two blades after 40hrs /4 months - it's a double time because half of tthe time I train with the other blades/ just because the upper dynamic friction layer is starting to degrade. Total rubber life I use is more than 80 hrs. Others usually ask me "it's still good, why do you discard?" Will T05 give me 80 hrs?

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
OP' Q: What is the best way to prolong the life of Tenergy?/QUOTE]

why take a chance with "tap" water when "distilled" water has fewer contaminants/impurities and it is easily available? A 1-gallon jug of distilled water is cheap and it will last you a life time. Just put a few ounces in a small spray bottle and throw it in your TT bag. Done.

Unless of course someone with more knowledge of TT rubber chemistry can tell us that we need the impurities/contaminants found in tap water to get the rubber clean ...??

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OP' Q: What is the best way to prolong the life of Tenergy?

Distilled water is a step up in the water cleaner arena, but the bear sweat emitting from Der_Echte is legendary and proven by Goon-Squad back, top secret backdoor crack-house experiments.

Seriously, I wipe my rubbers with my sweat, palm it almost dry a few wipes, wave it around, and toss it in my case. I got 500+ hours out of a sheet of Karis and it waz still kickin' when another TTD member got it.

For daily cleaning, you are barking up the right tree and have a great point for lazy peoples.

For built up gunk on rubbers, especially Chinese rubbers, I have seen nothing beat 50/50 lemon juice/Olive Oil. Takes only 10-12 drops for a sheet, wipe over with hand, rub off with clean or sweaty towel. Repeat. Does a great job to restore lost grip. Wont help with oxidation.

Old School Newspaper print roller spray cleaner is the absolute instant gratification there is out there, Paddle Palace use to pimp the stuff even in the 80s. It works great, but it doesn't leave the rubber much natural oil to work with to keep the rubber's natural elasticity over time.

Awh, but what the heck !!! That takes a while and if you have a strong impact and play often, a good rubber usually lasts only 100 hrs before it is a candidate to be replaced, it takes almost that long to destroy a sheet of rubber with daily cleaning so the aerosol freeks can have at it all day long.

Heck, keep a can of that stuff on your night stand... imagine how effective a burglar would be if he gets a blast of that stuff in hiz eyes... Almost as good as Hornet Nest spray, but you can effectively hit your target 5-6 meters away, while you almost have to right up in the intruder's grill to use the rubber spray.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
point is clean the topsheet off the dust with something that is not going to react with the rubber and prevent further oxidation when you are storing it , I would presume water is the best and most easily available in this case , whether you use soap or alcohol based products they will react to the rubber .... the only thing I have against the sticky plastic sheets is that they accumulate dust over time and it will affect the rubber one way or the other ... so I would go with anything non sticky and clean , clean sponge and water ... I like the ziploc solution , its simple and effective ...

you can simply clean sticky adhesives by holding it under running water and wiping it with your palm