No top 4 chinese at Austrian Open

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
I think they are trying to find some new players as soon as possible, they are still upset with those who did not turn up for the tournament, I am not sure those players will have much chance to play for China again.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I start to wonder if ML, XX, ZJK and FZD even get to play another pro tour this year. Today is the deadline for the Austrian Open (platinum event) and again none of them will play...

Bad omens indeed — for the three coaches, for the three players, for the CNT, for table tennis in China, and for table tennis altogether. To me, this does begin to look like punishment. If so, the self-inflicted GAS (or is it GSA?) wounds are deepening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
that being said, there is the China Games starting this week with all the top players
maybe they think just 1 competition is enough for them this month ???

edit : nope Austrian is a platinum event. it really sucks that the top players are not coming. This is a punishment.
Among them, only CHEN Meng managed to go through...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I think they are trying to find some new players as soon as possible, they are still upset with those who did not turn up for the tournament, I am not sure those players will have much chance to play for China again.

LI Ping cannot wait for his friend XU Xin to join the Qatari team

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
This might be a training strategy change. CNT staff seen that Japan is sending tons of players to every tournament and it is working for them.
Also, the National Games is a very big event and the CNT might have a specific training time after that.

Sep 2016
Now only fun to watch Tomakazu Harimoto in table tennis tournament, without Chinese players, it is not so interesting to watch

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Looking at that entry list I think there's a fair chance of a men's quarter final with only Chinese and Japanese players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Looking at that entry list I think there's a fair chance of a men's quarter final with only Chinese and Japanese players.

Haha the chance is there but if you look at the results from czech open last weekend, there were many chinese and japanese players as well with no chinese claiming a title and just 2 japanese and no chinese under the last 8 and 4 european and 1 south american player ;)

Without ml fzd and xx europe and aruna from africa and calderano from south america can definetly compete with the rest of the world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Now only fun to watch Tomakazu Harimoto in table tennis tournament, without Chinese players, it is not so interesting to watch

Tomo withdrew Austrian Open...
BTW, last year Austrian Open was not platinum and China sent Wang Chuqin, Zhou Kai, Zhu Cheng, Zhao Zhaoyan, Fang Yichi and ZJK who withdrew. None made to R16.