Ross Leidy Curved Handle Template Download

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
For anyone interested, I recreated the Ross Leidy curved handle as a template to download. I'm interested in creating more free templates for others to download. So if there is a specific blade or style you'd like to see, I'd be happy to create it.

You can grab it off my site here:
http://thewoodenblade.com/downloads/

Scroll down to the bottom and click download. Remember to ensure its set to "actual size" when you print it off. No scaling!

RLC.jpg

Reactions: BeGo and langel
That's ok if you have different handle geometry for right/left handles.
I've played with Donic Appelgren Dotec right handled geometry and I found it so comfortable, that I payed moore attention to the pleasure of comfort than to the game, no kidding. It's absolutely firm, provided you don't switch FH/BH sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
That's ok if you have different handle geometry for right/left handles.
I've played with Donic Appelgren Dotec right handled geometry and I found it so comfortable, that I payed moore attention to the pleasure of comfort than to the game, no kidding. It's absolutely firm, provided you don't switch FH/BH sides.
Maybe I'll make the Donic blade next. I like to find new and interesting shaped blades to make. It seems the handle isn't as curved as Ross's but does look very comfortable!! :)

Yes, and has a different side side point of view handle geometry for FH/BH like this

Dotec2.jpg

Another peculiar, but with some reason usefull is GalaxyChallenge CS6

Yinhe-challenge-CS-6-blade.JPG

It's handle is with some deviation from the central axis, aiming to prolong brush contact and improve spin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Yes, and has a different side side point of view handle geometry for FH/BH like this

View attachment 14069

View attachment 14070

It's handle is with some deviation from the central axis, aiming to prolong brush contact and improve spin.
In the top pic, I assume the top curve upward is placed against the palm of the hand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

View attachment 14069

View attachment 14070

Actually this handle type is called super-anatomic and was invented by STIGA in the late seventies/early eighties. If you look closely you will see one side of the handle is anatomic while the other side is flared (concave).

Magic_M said:
That`s right. The handle is really rare. It was called "super anatomic". It`s anatomic on one side and flared on the other side, a very nice handle if your hands are not too big and not too small for this handle.

Yinhe copied this handle some times ago, for example on their Challenge Classic S6

IMG_9210_s.jpg
IMG_9211_s.jpg
P1050643.jpg

By the way: I am the guy who posted the pictures in Suga D?`s link. ;-)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One of the interesting thing about these kinds of unique handles is that, at higher levels, a lot of players are holding with the index finger and thumb and keeping the fingers around the handle very relaxed, barely holding. When you hold like that, the handle becomes less important in a certain way and the flared shape becomes more useable for leverage on certain shots to add more wrist and the grip naturally adjusting for different shots like fade and hook; so, not just shifts from FH to BH but shifts in grip from shot to shot on either wing.

Whereas, a handle that encourages you to hold with your whole hand would decrease the amount of mobility you have in grip and limits the whipping action you can get in the use of the wrist.

Perhaps this is why so many of the top pros seem to use fairly simple handle constructions: flared or straight. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
It appears to me that many people have tried to create different and unique style handles but they've never really taken off. 'Survival of the fittest' perhaps or maybe the jump to a more radical style of handle is just too much for most people. I find just deciding between anatomic and flared is more than enough for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
One of the interesting thing about these kinds of unique handles is that, at higher levels, a lot of players are holding with the index finger and thumb and keeping the fingers around the handle very relaxed, barely holding. When you hold like that, the handle becomes less important in a certain way and the flared shape becomes more useable for leverage on certain shots to add more wrist and the grip naturally adjusting for different shots like fade and hook; so, not just shifts from FH to BH but shifts in grip from shot to shot on either wing.

Whereas, a handle that encourages you to hold with your whole hand would decrease the amount of mobility you have in grip and limits the whipping action you can get in the use of the wrist.

Perhaps this is why so many of the top pros seem to use fairly simple handle constructions: flared or straight. :)

^^

I wonder what design space there is for handles optimized for a thumb/index grip (w loose lower fingers) that rule out twiddling: maybe there is room for gaining some advantages for that grip if there is no need to use the same shape on the front and back sides of the handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Totally agree. That being said i don't think that this appeals to the majority of forum members.
So having a solid grip can help beginners to avoid a wobbling blade 'cause someone's wrist is too loose and hence can hardly control his/her shots and their placement.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Totally agree. That being said i don't think that this appeals to the majority of forum members.
So having a solid grip can help beginners to avoid a wobbling blade 'cause someone's wrist is too loose and hence can hardly control his/her shots and their placement.

Excellent point.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Teamwork.
:)
Maybe we should think of forming a doubles team and challenge OSPH&DE
*lolol*

That would be awesome fun. TEAM. [emoji2]

OSPH you and DE have to spot SD and USDme 7 points! I've seen you play doubles. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The game would not even start , OSPH will ask for 13 points a game ... so head for the beer after the toss :p
That would be awesome fun. TEAM. [emoji2]

OSPH you and DE have to spot SD and USDme 7 points! I've seen you play doubles. [emoji2]