Hello from Germany and soon visiting London! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Hey guys!

My name is Alex, 19 years old and I´m from Germany. :) I live in the southern part of Bavaria near the border to Austria in the beautiful Berchtesgadener Land! :eek:

For me table tennis became interesting when entering Gymnasium. In Germany that´s the school that comes after primary school. We had quite a few table tennis tables there and we always got beaten by the older guys. :D So my friends and me decided to go at the table tennis club to get better and beat those guys one day. :D Because I played 7 years of tennis before I got better quite fast and table tennis became an affair of my heart! :eek:

At the moment I´m not a member of a club, but nevertheless my training partners and me train quite hard on physical and mental level. We do multiball, video analysis and in general we take our training quite serious, however joy is the most important part of this sport and our training.

Beside this beautiful sport I´m deeply in love with aviation and psychology, do different sports like Mountainbiking or Badminton, enjoy mountain climbing and generally love to meet with friends.

In two weeks I will live in London for 6 month and visit a language school to improve my english skills.

And now I need your help! :eek:

I will live in Plumstead and I´m looking for a good table tennis club in the surrounding area for this time or also nearby the OXO tower where my school is located. Primary I´m looking for nice and friendly people and maybe also future training partners I get to know through our common passion. :)

Maybe someone can recommend me some good clubs around Plumstead or the OXO tower where it is also possible to train on a good level. I would love to hear your suggestions and maybe also meet up with you on a later time! :)

Regards Alex

IMG_2242.jpg
On the left that´s me. :eek:

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Hey Siestakey,

I was so delighted when I saw your reply! Thank you for asking! ;)

My trip to London was fantastic! As I´ve never been to such a huge city it was truly amazing and very impressive! However, instead of Plumstead I got to live near Newbury Park which is quite a nice area. My school though was in Waterloo, so that was quite of a commute every day. :D Surprisingly that is "normal" for so many people in London, what I couldn´t believe in the beginning as it is so time consuming. My host family for example left the house at 7 in the morning and they came back at 8 in the evening. And that five times a week! That is really demanding and they have earned my greatest respect for that!
Beside that my school was great and I got to know so many people from so many different countries all over the world! With my closest friends there I got to see so many beautiful places and even after our journey we are still in contact which is not self-evident. :)

Now regarding table tennis. :D
First I tried Fusion Table Tennis Club. Actually it is a really nice location to play, however, it was really cold there so the rubber was hard (which I personally can´t have at all :D) and the body felt stiff despite a proper warming up. Furthermore there is a basketball court next to the tables so it was really loud (and the floor was shaking as well for sure :D).

Next I tried Morpeth Table Tennis Club where I personally found my table tennis paradise! It´s a huge club and you could say the overall level is rather high from what I have observed so far. The conditions there are quite good (light, floor, tables, space, price) and people are super friendly! Unfortunately I could only practice once a week, but I always got good and motivated partners and in the end we even texted when to practice next.

So after all I can really recommend Morpeth Table Tennis Club. For me personally the paradise as we haven´t got such huge clubs in the area where I live in Germany, unfortunately.

There would be so much more to tell, but I guess you got the idea. :)

Have a lovely evening!

Alexander

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolman and Makelele