Who do you think will win the European Team Championships 2017?

• Germany

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • Portugal

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Sweden

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • France

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Austria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greece

• Romania

• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
What is really interesting is that Sabine Winter and Petrissa Solja are not where they usually are. Even Kristin (Can't remember her new last name). Has Mittleham really surpassed them all?

I've heard that Solja is injured, Kristin Silbereisen is pregnant and Winter is returning from injury (or possibly still injured) and is not in good shape. I don't remember where I found this info (a German TT news-site or forum most likely) and I'm not sure that it's all correct, but it does sound plausable.

EDIT: according to tischtennis.de (official German federation) and mytischtennis.de (big German TT site), Solja is suffering from a recurring arm injury and didn't want to risk an even longer injury break by competing in Luxembourg. Winter has had her appendix removed this summer and has only just started playing again recently and Silbereisen (now Kristin Lang) is indeed pregnant.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I've heard that Solja is injured, Kristin Silbereisen is pregnant and Winter is returning from injury (or possibly still injured) and is not in good shape. I don't remember where I found this info (a German TT news-site or forum most likely) and I'm not sure that it's all correct, but it does sound plausable.

EDIT: according to tischtennis.de (official German federation) and mytischtennis.de (big German TT site), Solja is suffering from a recurring arm injury and didn't want to risk an even longer injury break by competing in Luxembourg. Winter has had her appendix removed this summer and has only just started playing again recently and Silbereisen (now Kristin Lang) is indeed pregnant.

I suspected as much but didn't have the detail - to have 3 major players all out of action is a lot. Luckily, their top 2 are largely unaffected (though there seems to be the usual unhappiness that they are naturalized Germans).

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Germany is the bigeest cheares in women teble tennis. They pay chinese women players to win for them. Shame !

Han Ying has lived in Germany for the past 15 years. Shan Xiaona for the past 12. It depends on how log it takes until you consider them Germans...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
All Chinese coaches, all chinese players... but wearing the colors of germany and competing in the EUROPEAN championship. Is this carneval cup or what? This is fcking BS and shouldnt be allowed.

So Germans are only allowed to be blonde and blue eyed?
What a sad racist comment to make, but not very surprising, given the number of hateful comments you've made so far.

I think racist bullsh*t shouldn't be allowed and gonna ask the mods to react on this!

Germany is the bigeest cheares in women teble tennis. They pay chinese women players to win for them. Shame !

Congratulations!

You've even topped the dumbness of the previous comment!
Not an easy thing to do!
Well done, a**hole!

Han Ying has lived in Germany for the past 15 years. Shan Xiaona for the past 12. It depends on how log it takes until you consider them Germans...

Thank you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Congrats to Romania. Well played.

I just heard Dima has been warming up, so it looks like he's gonna play.

Yeah!!!

His power is the one thing that consistently bothers Freitas and Monteiro (with Apolonia, the weather is important to check). There are no easy matches for Timo here except he gets to play Apolonia early.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
All Chinese coaches, all chinese players... but wearing the colors of germany and competing in the EUROPEAN championship. Is this carneval cup or what? This is fcking BS and shouldnt be allowed.

@Suda D Oh really? Critizising that european teams are flooded by chinese players is racism? Please explain me exactly what is racsist on that. Big mouth idiot

Flooded by chinese?? Flooded by turks, arabs and africans?? Some have been living here for generations, but racists like you only want northern looking people to play for the country they live in??
Where do you draw the line?

Following your stupid logic then no europeans should be able to play for U.S.A., New Zealand, Australia, all other (American) countries that were “discovered“ (actually occupied, robbed and seized) by europeans.

Do you actually read the bullsh!t you write, small minded fool?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013

She arrived in Germany in 2010 and recived a big bonus . So with 7 yers ago !!!! Search her history on wikipedia !

We are waiting for Ding Ning and LIU Shiwen ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Congratulations to Romania becoming the 2017 European Champions after a nail biting 5 match victory over Germany!

DJ7_40AW0AE2Lg8.jpg:large

Administrator
Oct 2010
NOW LIVE! Germany's Timo Boll vs Portugal's Marcos Freitas in the FINAL of the European Championships! Live streaming here: https://goo.gl/WpGQen

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FEuropeanTableTennisUnion%2Fvideos%2F1113891355407451%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Oh i didnt noticed that i wrote something about how they are looking like.. interesting. You're just feeling offended now because you are a forgeiner living in germany yourself and feel yourself on a moral high ground. And btw i think im not living far from you, you want to meet and call me racist in person again? Than we can have an intesive discussion about this. You are the racist here. Because that bullsh!t what you are writing here is a sterotype. You are not seeing that their probably 20 years long table tennis education is not disappearing just because they move to germany and it is also not disappearing that their extreme domination is destroying the sport, small minded fool. YOU just want to feel offended that's all. And now watch the game and shut up.
Edit: And yes exactly following my logic as you say also for european professionals there should be a restriction to play in the national teams of USA, New Zealand, Australia, and all other (American) countries, because the people there can not compete with them. I didnt say anything about that i shouldnt be allowed at all but there has to be a restriction

Flooded by chinese?? Flooded by turks, arabs and africans?? Some have been living here for generations, but racists like you only want northern looking people to play for the country they live in??

Following your stupid logic then no europeans should be able to play for U.S.A., New Zealand, Australia, all other (American) countries that were “discovered“ (actually occupied and robbed) by europeans.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013

Following your stupid logic then no europeans should be able to play for U.S.A., New Zealand, Australia, all other (American) countries that were “discovered“ (actually occupied, robbed and seized) by europeans.

It is not about racism is about cheating. Germany pays valuble old woman players to win for Germany.
Why do not they bring youth girls to train them and then play for them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Reactions: Suga D