Who do you think will win the European Team Championships 2017?

• Germany

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • Portugal

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Sweden

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • France

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Austria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greece

• Romania

• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
titicostel's comment isn't racist, it's just immature. it's the 21st century, we live in a multicultural world and the reality is that when someone gets a german citizenship they become, in fact, german. if it wasn't so, kalinikos kreanga couldn't play for greece as he is actually from romania. would you call greece cheaters for letting kreanga play for them for all those years?

i understand some people have this idealistic idea that you should play for the country that you learned to play in, but in the 21st century such an idea has nothing to do with reality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
7 year since she became German citizen, actually! Maybe you should check out wikipedia as well - if you care about the facts? :p

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Ying

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shan_Xiaona

Shan represented China, Singapore, now Germany. What's next? This is not a sporting representation, it is a deception paid.

titicostel's comment isn't racist, it's just immature. it's the 21st century, we live in a multicultural world and the reality is that when someone gets a german citizenship they become, in fact, german. if it wasn't so, kalinikos kreanga couldn't play for greece as he is actually from romania. would you call greece cheaters for letting kreanga play for them for all those years?

i understand some people have this idealistic idea that you should play for the country that you learned to play in, but in the 21st century such an idea has nothing to do with reality.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to live in another country, but when another country searches for and pays for sports, it is not right. The athlete does not play for that country, he's playing for money. For money he can play at any club in the world, he's professional and ok, but when a country pays to be represented by valuable athletes from another country, it's called scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Germany are the 2017 European Champions with a 3-0 victory over Portugal!

DJ8hOBHXoAgdk4I.jpg:large

Reactions: Suga D and Garrison
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Final day results:

Men's Team:

Final:

Germany 3:0 Portugal
1) Timo Boll 3:2 Marcos Freitas (9:11, 11:7, 13:15, 11:5, 12:10)
2) Dimitrij Ovtcharov 3:0 Tiago Apolonia (11:6, 11:7, 11:9)
3) Patrick Franziska 3:1 Joao Monteiro (10:12, 11:6, 11:9, 11:5)

Women's Team:

Final:

Romania 3:2 Germany
1) Elizabeta Samara 3:2 Han Ying (9:11, 12:10, 9:11, 11:8, 11:7)
2) Daniela Monteiro Dodean 0:3 Shan Xiaona (6:11, 6:11, 7:11)
3) Bernadette Szocs 3:1 Nina Mittelham (11:5, 11:5, 6:11, 11:6)
4) Elizabeta Samara 1:3 Shan Xiaona (8:11, 9:11, 17:15, 3:11)
5) Daniela Monteiro Dodean 3:1 Han Ying (11:4, 11:8, 4:11, 12:10)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Germany are the 2017 European Champions with a 3-0 victory over Portugal!

DJ8hOBHXoAgdk4I.jpg:large

The Boll match was the key. It is hard work to win the final after losing the first match and tiago does not have a great record against dima anyways.. well played germany. Portugal did well to reach the finals, their victory against France in the semis was quite impressive.
I had a feeling that the final might go to 4 or 5 matches.. wasnt to be. Well played Timo and dima both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Oh i didnt noticed that i wrote something about how they are looking like.. interesting. You're just feeling offended now because you are a forgeiner living in germany yourself and feel yourself on a moral high ground.

Oh, we have a wise guy right here, who just can´t stop presenting his small mindedness to the forum.
Look Dude, once more you´re assumptions are completely wrong. I´m a german, just like my father was and yo can kiss my big black azz!!
[Emoji23]

And btw i think im not living far from you, you want to meet and call me racist in person again? Than we can have an intesive discussion about this. You are the racist here. Because that bullsh!t what you are writing here is a sterotype.
Do you really think i´m afraid of speaking the truth to your face? Dude, i´ve been growing up here. So do you think this is the first time i´m confronted with racial remarks?
[Emoji23]
I actually didn´t want to escalate this any further, so just pm me your address or any other place we can meet. Like Hornau Tournament since i don´t want to diss you on your home soil and we can continue there without bothering others!

You are not seeing that their probably 20 years long table tennis education is not disappearing just because they move to germany and it is also not disappearing that their extreme domination is destroying the sport, small minded fool. YOU just want to feel offended that's all.
Instead of seeing the positive aspects of this you are focussing on the negative. Good luck with that then! And trying to turn my words around won´t help you at all. You´ve proven your small mindedness already plenty of times.
It´s nobody´s fault but you own if you refuse to see the bigger picture here!
[Emoji6]

...And now watch the game and shut up.
Thanks for your kind advice. So you still seem to think that a Whitie Whiteman like you has got any right to tell me what to do?? Better smell the coffee! That time is over, dude.
But in fact i DID watch the finals while i was practicing, with my spanish, chinese, german and japanese friends. So go eat a bag of d*cks, smartazz....
*Lulz* [Emoji23]
Edit: And yes exactly following my logic as you say also for european professionals there should be a restriction to play in the national teams of USA, New Zealand, Australia, and all other (American) countries, because the people there can not compete with them. I didnt say anything about that i shouldnt be allowed at all but there has to be a restriction

Congrats! Once again you´ve proven your small mindedness!
You are so ridiculous. See, guys like you are the reason why Germans are hated so much that even polish and austrian people (our neighbours) rather root for any other country that plays against us Germans!

So, anyhow. no need to extend this here on this thread, and on this forum any longer! Just send me pm and I´m sure we can settle this!

It is not about racism is about cheating. Germany pays valuble old woman players to win for Germany.
Why do not they bring youth girls to train them and then play for them?

Such a stupid thing to say!
Did you actually see the matches??
What about Wan Yuan?? What about Qiu Dang und Qiu Liang?? What about Kay Stumper?? What about Jannik Xu??

Do you now want to blame their parents that they didn´t park their children in front of the XBox or Playstation all the time???

Do you actually see the ridiculousness of your post and how little your brain is informed?

[Emoji23]

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oh i didnt noticed that i wrote something about how they are looking like.. interesting. You're just feeling offended now because you are a forgeiner living in germany yourself and feel yourself on a moral high ground. And btw i think im not living far from you, you want to meet and call me racist in person again? Than we can have an intesive discussion about this. You are the racist here. Because that bullsh!t what you are writing here is a sterotype. You are not seeing that their probably 20 years long table tennis education is not disappearing just because they move to germany and it is also not disappearing that their extreme domination is destroying the sport, small minded fool. YOU just want to feel offended that's all. And now watch the game and shut up.
Edit: And yes exactly following my logic as you say also for european professionals there should be a restriction to play in the national teams of USA, New Zealand, Australia, and all other (American) countries, because the people there can not compete with them. I didnt say anything about that i shouldnt be allowed at all but there has to be a restriction

As I read your and Suga´s posts, it made me laugh :)
Still I agree with a lot of what you both said :)

As I see it - Its not chinese that ruin the sport with being so freaking good at it..
Its us ruining it, by not being as good as they are.
Second - yes, I too hate watching chinese women and sometimes men (Wang Xi, Bai He, Wang Yang, Wang Zenqi, Shen Yanfei, He Zhi Wen, Wu Jiaduo, Han Ying ... I could continue..) represent european countries.. I would kick their asses!
And not because of some racist thoughts. It is because we are europeans and so european people should play in European Championships. When someone grows up in China, trains there, becomes good there, but not good enough to play in the A-team.. - is that a reason to play and represent another country?
I mean - it is ok to play for an European club - as it is in many other sports, well, fair enough. But - to represent the country?
I mean - how many of them speak the language of the country? Okay, as Slovakian I know Wang Yang and Thomas Keinath do not know a single (not rude) word in Slovak. Bai speaks fluently.
I am so happy that Romania won the championships!
And it is only because we do have actually European champions, not chinese.
Suga - you are just refusing to accept that they are actually chinese!
What do you think - if they would get invitation to play for A team in China - would they refuse?
Probably answer for that would tell you howmuch German they are..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Michal, +1 for speaking very clearly and not pathetic.
Maybe i do refuse to accept that, but let me explain to you why.

I must admit you do have a point there, but i think we need to differentiate between two or more differences of reasons why people leave their country and get a new nationality.

Talking about tt-mercenaries that want to play internationally regardless of which country they play for and want to change their nationalities like other people change their underwear aren't actually what anybody would want to happen,
but even those ones might have their very good reasons, but i'll get back to this in a minute.
But actually i don't see that happen a lot, so i would rather call these the exceptions.
What i do see though is that some people left their country and choose/chose another country to live in.
They live in those countries, work there, make the players of those countries become better players, some even raise their children in that country and then they become citizens and also play for that country, pay there taxes there, and after a while some will get offered a passport of that country after some time. I can't see anything wrong with that, as long as they don't want to change every couple of years.
Just following the law: if they own a passport of that country, do you think it's somehow fair that they don't have the full citizen rights as any other citizen?
Besides: remember! we're talking about tabletennis here, not football (soccer) where players earn up to 220,000,000$ just for changing their club!
In fact most leagues don't pay so much, that players would be able to live like millionaires from their income in the leagues, so they are also depending a bit on playing international tournaments like the world tour.

Now one question (let's hope this won't happen): but if Ma Long and Xu Xin (now here's the link to the part where people might have very good reasons to leave their countries) would want to leave China and ask to come to your country to live there and train the players and so on, would you deny the slovakian citizenship if they wanted to have it and you would be the one that has to decide???

C'mon, i think we all know the answer to this question already.
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Now one question (let's hope this won't happen): but if Ma Long and Xu Xin (now here's the link to the part where people might have very good reasons to leave their countries) would want to leave China and ask to come to your country to live there and train the players and so on, would you deny the slovakian citizenship if they wanted to have it and you would be the one that has to decide???

C'mon, i think we all know the answer to this question already.
[Emoji6]

I would buy them flowers, lol :)

(For LSW I would buy a new bed with recommendation to test it ha! :D )

Anyways - I would still hate to see them to represent Slovakia in the international events.
Somehow - I just want to see our guys to represent.
I would love them (ML, XX) to train our kids, but to represent...nope..

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
That wasn't all i wrote, but okay, let's go from here...

Wow.
[Emoji15]
Stubbornness in full effect.
So you are the one responsible for ML and XX not coming to your country amd playing.
You would really deny a given Team gold medal in international events??
Better be able to explain that to the TT-Fans in your country. (hypothetically)
Hahahaaa
[Emoji2]
Well, so Keini got lucky since it's not you who has to decide this...
[Emoji6]
Anyhow following the example i've given:
You would have to offer them something in exchange, just practicing with kids alone wouldn't convince them coming to your country.
Like everything in life, this is not a one way street!
follow the given laws and try to create a win-win situation everyone could agree on....

This user has no status.
All Chinese coaches, all chinese players... but wearing the colors of germany and competing in the EUROPEAN championship. Is this carneval cup or what? This is fcking BS and shouldnt be allowed.
Germany is the bigeest cheares in women teble tennis. They pay chinese women players to win for them. Shame !
I guess you two would then be totally down with dropping Dima (or should I say Дмитро Овчаров) from GNT, right? Or maybe he's cool, since he's not Chinese?
How is called that thing Timo wears on his head?
I think it's also called a bandana.
When someone grows up in China, trains there, becomes good there, but not good enough to play in the A-team.. - is that a reason to play and represent another country?
No, they should stay forever in the basement, is that what you're saying? I'm sure not.
I mean - how many of them speak the language of the country?
I don't know, you tell me.
I didnt say anything about that i shouldnt be allowed at all but there has to be a restriction
There actually is, check out point 4.1.3 Eligibility.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I cant speak for other countries since I dont live there but Kalinikos Kreanga and Giannis Antetokounmpo became officially "greeks" or greeks (it does not matter) literally during a single night.

So people either they are passionate patriots or not, should not forget sports is as everything a big business where tons of money are made. So please stick tothe big picture here

As far as I am concerned kalinikos would be miserable/unhappy in Romania because of the regime and most likely he wouldnt have made the career he made. We will never know and it does not matter.

One could also say that in the past 15 years he is more french than greek or romanian, he does not visit greek much unless there are training camps for kids where he is supervisor and can make some money. Who cares anyway, stick to enjoying TT and your favorite players.

Same goes for Antetokounmpo (born in greece from nigerian parents) he would still probably be selling lighters,small decorating magnets, cd's in greece to earn 5 or 6 euros per day if some coaches didnt decide to give all they have got to nurture his basketball talent.

So in the end what we see for all migrating athletes is a combination of personal or parental or coaching choices to change environment and talent/hard systematic training . Countries have nothing to do with it

Reactions: ttmonster