Europe CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Fantasy League

This user has no status.
Hi all,

I want to try and create Fantasy League for Europe CHAMPIONS LEAGUE games that start on September 28.
We had this last year and it was fun.

I collected all the players names, including world rank, and put it in excel file.

Since the file upload limit is very small, I can't upload the file , here is the share
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HKAwaGl1jVGMooro4_3fRFqiYEk_KKHd__BCFZ18V88/edit?usp=sharing

This is the list of the teams and players in each team (click on team name):
http://www.ettu.org/en/events/table-tennis-champions-league-men/participants-draws/

The playing system that I can think of, and will not take too much time to organize, is like this:

1. There will be 12 participants. Each will have 4 players.
2. After every round of actual play in the league (total 6 rounds) I will collect all the wins and assign each player that won 1 point.
3. Only the groups phase stage will be counted.
4. The participant with the most points of his players will be announced as the Winner.

Recruiting system:
1. Each participant will send me list of up to 10 players that he wants in his team.
2. I will randomize the order of the participants and select one player at a time from each participant list.
3. If the player is allready drafted, I will select the next player in his list. If no players remained in the list to be drafted, I will select the next available high ranked player left in the global players list.

Hope it is clear.

Tell me what you think about my idea.

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hello fshimon,

I played a similar game in the past with the table tennis teams of my club. I made a web where each player could register and create his team. The rules where this way:

- You had to have 6 players in your team
- Each player had a price, depending on their level
- You had a limited budget which wouldnt allow you to have all the best players (here is the strategy)
- You would have a lineup for each round, that is, 3 players you select from your team. Only those 3 players got points.
- The players would get points for winning a match, a set and for their team winning the match.

If you want to, I offer myself to create a website for this game along with you. We can work on defining the rules so that most of the people are happy with them. I think I could have it ready in a couple of weeks. An example of a website I have recently published is this: https://tabletennisworldranking.com , so that you have an idea of what the result could be.

Thoughts?

Reactions: doraemon
This user has no status.
Hi zoomtt,

Nice little site you have there (bootstrap ?)...
1. If you can create such web site till say September 25, it will be nice.
2. A little modification to your system: player will be able to choose 6 players and they all participate in each round.
The selection I propose is like that: you can choose any 2 players from my excel list from 1-10 position, any 2 players from 11-20 position, and any 2 players after position 21.
3. The drawback I can see is that probably there are going to be few participants with similar teams, while with my system there no 2 teams alike.
4. But, my system is limited to 12 participants only.

Yours opinion ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I like the idea of all the players participating at each round, that makes the whole team important. I don't like that it is restricted to only 12 people, as if we consider that you and I will be playing.. only 10 more people would be allowed. That's a very small amount..

I think that the important thing is to make the game exciting, and that will be achieved if there are several different teams which can win at any moment. To achieve that, we should find a way to restrict the players that anybody can choose. An improvement I can see for your system is to have N times each player, which could be .. 3 for example, so that it can be chosen by 3 people. We would adjust N depending on the amount of participants. This will still make having good luck in the draw a major factor for succeeding, but we achieve having no limit on the participants.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Sure, let's talk in private to see how you can help me with preparing the players information ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Good to see that my unsuccessful probe (it was my fault) to create a fantasy league will have a successor.
I can't wait to try it!
One more thing...if you are going to create a website, it would be possible to create multiple fantasy leagues? For example for Chinese Superleague, French Pro A League, Champions League... I would help you to refresh the results, if it doesn't need any programming.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
We could use it for other leagues of course, Pro A starts on the 26th of September, German Bundesliga already started, Chinese Superleague still a long time to start.. good idea! I will work on the website for the Champions League but making it generic enough for any other league.

This user has no status.
Zoomtt accepted the challenge and will build a site where people can register, submit their player selections and follow the results.
The idea is that each participant peak his top 10 players without restrictions.
The system randomize the order of the participants and start making selection of one player every time for each participant.
If the player was allready selected x times (will be decided upon number of participants) , the selection will move to the next player in users list. Till every user have 6 players selected.
If all players in the user list were allready selected, the system will pick RANDOMLY next free player in the global list (because otherwise everybody will just select the top 10 players - and after that they will get the next ranked player - not fair or interesting).

Just to know number of potentail participants - please write here if you would like to join this project.