What SP can you recommend me for my FH?

This user has no status.
I hit with Stiga Royal. I liked it. Felt like a regular 802 (even though Royal has vertical pips) to me with a much higher quality sponge. It was nice though.

IMO the stock sponge on 802 & 802-40 is awful but I really like the topsheets.

I don't know where your level is but I would really recommend playing with something modern. Probably something tuned. I tried spectol Red which was stupid fast. Fastest SP I've ever hit with but hated Spectol. If you want a low grip SP (or classic, that's your rubber). 802 has more grip than that thing. IMO the faster you hit, the more spin you need to bring that ball down so I'd really consider superspin pips (better topsheet) Red which is the same sponge.

Yeah i agree the classics are good but the sponge sucks.
Ill look it up. thanks suds

This user has no status.
IMG_20170911_174212.jpg

This user has no status.
Hi,

So I've decided to try short pips for my FH on my spare racket. Never tried any pips before, so I'm curious how will they suit me. Because of all that I am looking for something really inexpensive. Please give me and advice what to buy :)
What do u want to accomplish with the pips? What style?
FH or by?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
What do u want to accomplish with the pips? What style?
FH or by?

It's for my FH. Not sure what I want to accomplish yet. I want to try how does it behave, as I have never played with pips. I'm offensive player. From what I've heard it may suit my style somewhat, as I play rather close to the table, so naturally from time to time blocking is part of my game, hitting straight through the spin sounds kinda fun. At the same time due to the lack of grip worried about not being able to loop against heavy backspin and my FH serves, as I had problems flipping blade sides. So you cant have the best of both worlds at the same time I guess.

So to try how it plays I want a cheap short pips for my backup racket :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
yes, that's always an option. I think there are 2 players, but it's quite tricky to catch them. In fact I am not sure if one of them is still at the club and we go at different times with the second one.. and if i find something cheap it would be less of a headache and no rush..

Why are you saying it would mess with my technique? It would take some time to adjust to short pips, I will know how it feels and then I'm planning going back to normal inverted. Maybe it will take some time to adjust again, but that's ok. Not sure if that would affect my technique somehow permanently...

This user has no status.
yes, that's always an option. I think there are 2 players, but it's quite tricky to catch them. In fact I am not sure if one of them is still at the club and we go at different times with the second one.. and if i find something cheap it would be less of a headache and no rush..

Why are you saying it would mess with my technique? It would take some time to adjust to short pips, I will know how it feels and then I'm planning going back to normal inverted. Maybe it will take some time to adjust again, but that's ok. Not sure if that would affect my technique somehow permanently...

Strokes are different. I Transitioned from Inverted and i can tell you "Its a different world" .For ex: Looping Backspin with inverted is not the same as sp. Sp you tend to let the ball roll on your pips and the stroke is mostly up while inverted goes with a brushing motion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Strokes are different. I Transitioned from Inverted and i can tell you "Its a different world" .For ex: Looping Backspin with inverted is not the same as sp. Sp you tend to let the ball roll on your pips and the stroke is mostly up while inverted goes with a brushing motion.

Thanks for the info.

So any other suggestions for inexpensive short pips rubber?

This user has no status.
Yesterday i played with spinlord waran bh and upset many seeded players in my club the backhand loops and punches were awesome no return [emoji23]
Price wise is economical u can see many videos of its use on utube b4 buying
Spinlord waran 2mm

is it a spinny pip?

Reactions: Gjayesh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
16/08/2016 Fantastic and dynamic short pips Review by TraditionalTradesman
QualityAfter doing a bunch of research in transitioning from inverted to short pips on my forehand (I use long pips on backhand) to find short pips that I could use to serve, hit, loop, chop, push and block (yes, everything) while shortening my stroke as compared to inverted, I hit on the Spinlord Waran (I use it in 1.8mm), and I could not be more happy with it after a few months of use. It is very dynamic and can produce tons of spin (for a short pips rubber). Opponents are making more errors on my serves now than when I was using inverted. I am much more consistent in putting balls away with loops, both on my forehand and when I twiddle to my backhand. Chopping is easy, and so is creating spin variation. About the only thing that's a bit difficult and that I'm still trying to get the hang of is blocking (very sensitive to blade angle and timing), and other short pips users have told me that these pips are faster than what they're used to, but that's what I want because I'm not using inverted on either side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: amekun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am looking for an SP that has a lot of reversal in it and is good for Flat hitting through spin
SP don't have reversal. At least the ones with sponge don't. My peacekeeper 0X may have a little. They pretty much kill spin as you pointed out.
I have played with DR Evil and some Yasaka short pips for hard bat. The Yasaka short pips are grippy even when in 0X
Is spin reversal all you are looking for?
Why change?